Madden 12 Official CAG League - On official hiatus until Madden 13.

good ass game ma.... what a comeback... madden was after me this game i had over 20 dropped picks but finally figured out how to beat that blitz and the screen kept me ahead... look forward to 13 cya guys sorry for the delay

Gg...at least your defenders would get their hands on the ball......Calvin had like 5 ridiculous catches in tight coverage in the first half, my CBs do that stupid animation for picking off passes but it'd go right past them or they'd decide to try for the pick BEHIND the receiver...annoying. But yeah you had like 14 pass deflections so that game shoulda been a huge blowout. You played like the real Lions do...throwing to Calvin in tight coverage and have him make plays on the ball...but I've never seen that crap work in Madden.

And I barely even blitzed that game really since you love to pass it....if I blitzed, I'd usually just send one guy...but whenever I would send both OLBs you somehow had picked a screen on that play so it was the worst timing....I'd still have someone in man coverage on MJD but that guy would get raped by your o-line. My o-line on the other hand got raped all f'in game and your CBs were playing some damn good man coverage too. So blitzing + good man coverage resulted in like 8 sacks or whatever...

I had 0 sacks and probably 2 QB hits so the blitz didn't seem to work well for me at all despite having one of the strongest d-lines in the game + Suggs blitzing from the OLB position...

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Gg...at least your defenders would get their hands on the ball......Calvin had like 5 ridiculous catches in tight coverage in the first half, my CBs do that stupid animation for picking off passes but it'd go right past them or they'd decide to try for the pick BEHIND the receiver...annoying. But yeah you had like 14 pass deflections so that game shoulda been a huge blowout. You played like the real Lions do...throwing to Calvin in tight coverage and have him make plays on the ball...but I've never seen that crap work in Madden.

And I barely even blitzed that game really since you love to pass it....if I blitzed, I'd usually just send one guy...but whenever I would send both OLBs you somehow had picked a screen on that play so it was the worst timing....I'd still have someone in man coverage on MJD but that guy would get raped by your o-line. My o-line on the other hand got raped all f'in game and your CBs were playing some damn good man coverage too. So blitzing + good man coverage resulted in like 8 sacks or whatever...

I had 0 sacks and probably 2 QB hits so the blitz didn't seem to work well for me at all despite having one of the strongest d-lines in the game + Suggs blitzing from the OLB position...[/QUOTE]

man that ed reed pick was a great pass to my tight end lol unbelieveable... it became such a high scoring game i felt like u knew my entire playbook....it was awesome i was cussing my ass off lol did u see that one td that my corners were so tired u burnt whitney my wr for a td

Lol I didn't know that was your WR...but my X receiver was my #1 target for the first time in my entire Madden career. He had like 360 yards and 3 TDs all SEASON despite starting every game at X, but this game he had 7 receptions for 236 yards and 2 TDs. If I had a QB who could throw the deep ball like Stafford, I woulda probably had a ton more success in the passing game since you didn't have safety help deep for a lot of the game, but I was stuck with dumb Flacco....he's got the power to throw those deep balls but his accuracy sucks for a 92 OVR QB. I'm definitely looking forward to a new team in Madden 13...I hope I can get the Panthers since Deuce won't be able to play until January.

Edit: I guess Flacco isn't that much worse than Stafford stats-wise...but he seemed off this game big time

Congrats on the three-peat, Sprice.

I also want to take the opportunity now that the official league is wrapped up to say how grateful I am to all of you who stuck it out through five awesome seasons (and also to those of you who left or joined in the middle of them). There were some rough patches along the way, but I've genuinely enjoyed playing with all of you and I look forward to picking things up again for Madden 13 after (in my humble opinion) a well earned break. I'm sure I speak for ubernes and fero in that regard as well.

We'll have details on next year's league towards the end of this month and then we'll start ramping up team selection, etc in early August. As I've said before, it's probably not going to be possible to accomodate all the initial interest in the league, but we're going to do our best to make sure spots are allocated in the fairest possible way.

I'll still be checking on the thread, but if anyone wants to reach me with ideas for Madden 13, you can always send me a PM.

[quote name='BSETI50']What happened in the nfc championship? What was the score of the superbowl?[/QUOTE]

i jumped out early on lv and forced him to pass it waz 40 somethin to 12... the super bowl started out close then i went up by 20 some points and he came back with 4 with 2 min left and i scored to seal it. cant remember the score but calvin had a huge game

It was 52-41...980 yards passing vs. 6 yards rushing between the both of us lol.

And we're the grateful ones BV...all we had to do was show up and play the games, you had the tough job. Thanks for all the hard work! I'm sick of Madden 12 but I can't wait for 13!

[quote name='LVPatriots']DRAFT TIME FOR SEASON 6

Thursday at 8pm eastern. Quick as possible.[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten any interest or input on this. So I might not even do it tonight.

[quote name='LVPatriots']I haven't gotten any interest or input on this. So I might not even do it tonight.[/QUOTE]

i think at this point ur free to do whatever you want kid

[quote name='BSETI50']i think at this point ur free to do whatever you want kid[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the helpful input. We have 3 or 4 players left.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Thanks for the helpful input. We have 3 or 4 players left.[/QUOTE]

i may stick around undecided... i looked yrst and u nevrr adcanced to sew the rookies

Apparently we advanced to the next season for the few people who are still playing just FYI...already on week 2. Sorry for reviving this poor thread from the depths of Hell!

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Apparently we advanced to the next season for the few people who are still playing just FYI...already on week 2. Sorry for reviving this poor thread from the depths of Hell![/QUOTE]

Yea ravens vs cardinals next week. Shoot me a pm.

I think me you and Cru are the only players left. So if anyone else hasn't left your team yet please do.

And if anyone is still playing and needs me to boot a player let me know.

[quote name='sprice8688']wat happened with the draft u never posted nething[/QUOTE]

I didn't hear any concrete plans for anyone playing or caring about this next season, I just got it over with and moved on. Commish fail i guess.

It's on All-Madden at 6-minutes. Is that okay with everyone?

Not to sound like a broken record. But I'm getting 0 input from anyone on this season. At this point I'm just gonna assume that i am the only one playing. I'll pm about that week 3 Ravens vs. Cardinals game. And I have a scheduled game against Sprice and 2 against Cru, so I'll pm you guys when those come up.

With too small of a player pool and zero interest, this is my only play.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LVPatriots']I didn't hear any concrete plans for anyone playing or caring about this next season, I just got it over with and moved on. Commish fail i guess.

It's on All-Madden at 6-minutes. Is that okay with everyone?

Not to sound like a broken record. But I'm getting 0 input from anyone on this season. At this point I'm just gonna assume that i am the only one playing. I'll pm about that week 3 Ravens vs. Cardinals game. And I have a scheduled game against Sprice and 2 against Cru, so I'll pm you guys when those come up.

With too small of a player pool and zero interest, this is my only play.[/QUOTE]

dude u work everyday...take ur sorry ass down to gamestop and buy a new game! get that nba 2k out ur old xbox and get whooped

[quote name='BSETI50']dude u work everyday...take ur sorry ass down to gamestop and buy a new game! get that nba 2k out ur old xbox and get whooped[/QUOTE]

Or play those games I bought you for your birthday five months ago. ;)

Sorry to hijack but is anyone interested in an NCAA 13 Online Dynasty? I started a thread and would love to see if we could get one going!

Gg man...judging by the first half it looked like I was gonna be able to run all over you but you figured out how to completely shut down my run game the 2nd half. Although QB was not at all an area of need...the CPU drafted me one in the 1st round so I decided to start him the past 2 games and I like him a lot. He's got one of the quickest releases I've seen....80 OVR A potential, I wish I coulda had this guy earlier in the franchise cause after a couple progressions he'd be a beast.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Sorry to hijack but is anyone interested in an NCAA 13 Online Dynasty? I started a thread and would love to see if we could get one going![/QUOTE]

how do u do the teams in ur franchise

[quote name='sprice8688']how do u do the teams in ur franchise[/QUOTE]

I honestly am looking for a vet in this thread to help set one up! It would be great to give it a spin!

[quote name='WV Matsui']I honestly am looking for a vet in this thread to help set one up! It would be great to give it a spin![/QUOTE]

ive never been a big college fan but if u get enough reliable people i would consider buying the game and joining

[quote name='sprice8688']ive never been a big college fan but if u get enough reliable people i would consider buying the game and joining[/QUOTE]

Same, here. But uhhh, wouldn't we need a bazillion players to fill all the teams.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Same, here. But uhhh, wouldn't we need a bazillion players to fill all the teams.[/QUOTE]

We could scale it however we want. We could select a conference or just select whichever team we want and make sure we schedule every other team out of conference. My guess is all of us in the same conference would be the best.

[quote name='sprice8688']bv lets get these madden 13 discussions underway... its almost time :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bvharris']
Later this month probably.[/QUOTE]

I think I've earned a break, don't you? ;)

[quote name='bvharris']I think I've earned a break, don't you? ;)[/QUOTE]

lol a week aint good enough? if u werent interested u wouldnt keep up with the thread... i know ur willing! :)

[quote name='sprice8688']im just anxious ready to get it going... love the league[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it's not in my power to make Madden come out any faster. ;)

I still need to find some time to discuss things with ubernes as well, so it's probably going to be a couple weeks yet before we start getting things going.

[quote name='bvharris']Unfortunately it's not in my power to make Madden come out any faster. ;)

I still need to find some time to discuss things with ubernes as well, so it's probably going to be a couple weeks yet before we start getting things going.[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to let you guys know that if there's any openings in the league next year around mid-May, shoot me a message. I'll probably pick up madden when I get home from college.

Hey guys the NCAA league has been set! You can have 12 teams in an online dynasty. If you are interested head over to this thread an post your GT!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324692

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Hey LV can you boot the Steelers owner when you get the chance....THANKS IN ADVANCE[/QUOTE]

I'm just gonna boot everyone who isn't me you or Cru.

I think we are the only ones left.

[quote name='LVPatriots']I'm just gonna boot everyone who isn't me you or Cru.

I think we are the only ones left.[/QUOTE]

Ill be back on today or tomorrow to see what my team is looking like lol

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']Howdy :)
I call dibs on the Cardinals. Fitz and Floyd are going to tear it up![/QUOTE]

If the Eagles get taken, Cards' are second on my list. I don't think coming in and calling dibs is worth much right now though.

[quote name='LVPatriots']If the Eagles get taken, Cards' are second on my list. I don't think coming in and calling dibs is worth much right now though.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I had the Cardinals in the league since Madden '10 and deployed to Afghanistan in November and on my way back to the states now.
So if you mean my bullshit-camping-trip-from-hell doesn't serve as a reason enough for my hiatus, I'm sure Cru, MA, Uber, and BV will attest to my re-admittance.

bread's done
Back