Madden 16 and Destiny The Taken King are $9.99 at Meijer

I stopped by Meijer last night and picked up a Madden for PS4 and Xbox.  I also picked up a clearance 500gb Hard drive for the slim 360 for $25. Seems liked a pretty good price.

I was in the Destiny Alpha and Beta and then only played the game for a little bit when it released. I think I had already gotten my fill from the Alpha and Beta. Anyway, I never did finish the base game, but I did purchase The Taken King during Black Friday last year. I'm wondering, if I'd like to hop back in to Destiny, would it be wise to just completely start fresh with The Taken King, or just continue where I left off with my main character? I know The Taken King made a lot of good changes to the game and the story.

I was in the Destiny Alpha and Beta and then only played the game for a little bit when it released. I think I had already gotten my fill from the Alpha and Beta. Anyway, I never did finish the base game, but I did purchase The Taken King during Black Friday last year. I'm wondering, if I'd like to hop back in to Destiny, would it be wise to just completely start fresh with The Taken King, or just continue where I left off with my main character? I know The Taken King made a lot of good changes to the game and the story.
It's a very hard question to answer. The problem is, I know how this is going to go because I just got one of my friends into destiny for the first time.

After taken King things have changed so much, and there has been so much new content. Following the "story" now is very hard to explain because when you log in (with a new or your old character) you are going to have so many active quests and missions to complete. It will feel sooooo overwhelming.

Also, the problem with you playing the older content is, it's great for XP, but you won't be getting better great gear to level up your light.

Personally, I have 5 characters. 3 on PS4 and 2 on XB1. Obviously I love the game. I think the story is still worth playing in order, but the time invested won't be great because you won't be getting very useful gear.

The best part of destiny is the raids. Playing those for the first time are experiences you cannot replicate.

If you like grindy games, and enjoy loot hunting you will ought to like Destiny. It has the best feel of any shooter on the market. IMO.

Start a new character... I think its worth trying each class so you can really know which one is your favorite.

It's a very hard question to answer. The problem is, I know how this is going to go because I just got one of my friends into destiny for the first time.

After taken King things have changed so much, and there has been so much new content. Following the "story" now is very hard to explain because when you log in (with a new or your old character) you are going to have so many active quests and missions to complete. It will feel sooooo overwhelming.

Also, the problem with you playing the older content is, it's great for XP, but you won't be getting better great gear to level up your light.

Personally, I have 5 characters. 3 on PS4 and 2 on XB1. Obviously I love the game. I think the story is still worth playing in order, but the time invested won't be great because you won't be getting very useful gear.

The best part of destiny is the raids. Playing those for the first time are experiences you cannot replicate.

If you like grindy games, and enjoy loot hunting you will ought to like Destiny. It has the best feel of any shooter on the market. IMO.
Thank you both for your responses. Yeah; from what I gather, it'll be complicated either way.

Also, thank you for putting story in quotation marks, because the story is one of the main problems I had with the standard version of Destiny. The problem I have is that I can never remember which missions I have and haven't done. The last mission I did was on the Moon, I think. I did the first mission on there, and stopped. I came back a while later, and did the same mission I had already completed. Came back a third time and did it again. I just never know until I'm actually playing the game that I'll know whether I've already done this or not.

I'd mainly be playing for the missions and things. I really don't care for the Crucible at all. Too unbalanced.

I honestly can't remember anything else, but I remember my weapons sucking, running out of ammo, and not getting good gear loot.

If anyone is willing to or already has picked up an extra copy of TTK for X1, PM me.  Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back