Madden 25 Official CAG League - 3 Seasons Completed. Shutdown for 2013-2014.

TRich, one of the best young RBs in the game/league?
One of the better O-lines in the league?
Weeden isn't great, but the way passing works this year, you'll be fine. Gordon is above average, or should be. Little is okay at WR2.
Cameron, again, young and will be awesome. Top 10, 12 tightend.

I don't know their D as well, but I like those weapons on offense.
We'll see, in my experience playing so far they're just not good enuf to keep up. I will say after pplaying this game for two weeks now I'm very disappointed. I'm usually the guy who argues for tthe game in here but this is justt a ppoor product. Hopefully the patch fixes some of the flaws but imm not gettin my hopes up

I think this iteration is solid. Definitely not worse than last years. The passing game is a little too easy (especially for online cheesers) but good defense can be played if you vary your calls . I don't like the modifier for runners, I think its a bit too effective. Run-blocking seems improved defensive pursuit seems improved and o-line/d-line interaction seems improved.

I enjoy this years madden also. EA sports made the game more exciting even tho that is a disappointment to some in this league but thats the way of the new NFL pass happy and cant hit WR

I don't think the Connected Careers roster update is out yet...I just started a new franchise and it's still using the old roster.

And the "updated" roster for head-to-head of course isn't even accurate...I'm counting at least 3 players from the Panthers' active 53-man roster that are left out altogether. These are undrafted players I believe, so other teams probably have the same problem.

Edit: scratch that regarding the first paragraph...but these rosters still aren't accurate :/ but it's up to you guys if you want to just proceed with these rosters. I'm not even the Panthers so I don't care about their missing players...it just sucks for Deuce cause they had an intriguing TE prospect (Brandon Williams) with Vernon Davis-esque athleticism but now he's stuck with a 60ish speed 33 year old TE as his number 2 lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eagles aren't really up to date either, and I also have a missing udfa.

But whatever, we gotta start this thing up.

I Just double Checked....The roster it allows me to upload to "Online Connected Careers" is NOT the same roster that i can use in a normal off line game (that i just downloaded) For example: Dolphins have 4 Qb's, 6 WR's...In the offline brand new downloaded one they have 3 Qb's, 4 WR..which is accurate. Do we wait? Le sigh @ Donny Moore

you should be able to use custom rosters on online franchise they give you the option to use default franchise rosters or use custom rosters that's where you select the downloaded rosters

you should be able to use custom rosters on online franchise they give you the option to use default franchise rosters or use custom rosters that's where you select the downloaded rosters
This isn't my first rodeo.

That's Exactly what I've done.

There's Two choices. Preseason 75 Man Roster, and "Custom Roster" Which...would be the roster i just completed downloading from the EA Servers. Sorry Man. Same Outcome.

from what im hearing is that week 1 is really not met to be the first offical roster update it's mostly happens to get most players on and off teams after final cut and roster guy is planning to have a legit roster done by thurs after noon intime for first game of week 2

which makes sense seeing every year alot of moves happen between 53 man cut down and 1st week of games.

the thing that makes me mad is that EA people now take players out of the game if they are not on a team no reason thye can't just be free agents its just dumb. 

If you upload the new rosters under custom then they are not the same as the 75 man preseason roster. The 2 wr's the dolphins have on their roster in game, are practice squad in real life and the extra qb is a 61 ovr that no one wants.

Difference between their real life roster and Madden update-

Aaron Corp- QB- 61

There LS is listed as a TE.

I Just double Checked....The roster it allows me to upload to "Online Connected Careers" is NOT the same roster that i can use in a normal off line game (that i just downloaded) For example: Dolphins have 4 Qb's, 6 WR's...In the offline brand new downloaded one they have 3 Qb's, 4 WR..which is accurate. Do we wait? Le sigh @ Donny Moore

Wait...it's not the same? What? How in the hell is that even possible? I just did it and it said something like "importing 2000 players". Where is it getting those from? lol

EDIT - Jesus God...it's not even close. The ratings are all fucked up too. Just looking at the Titans, when you use this roster for online franchise, it makes Chris Johnson a 95 OVR and Andy Levitre an 82. In the offline version of this roster, CJ is an 87 and Levitre is a 96. What...the...fuck, EA???

n8, i was mistaken. The File Save/Load that you described 5 minute ago is ABSOLUTELY the right way to do it. Thanks for finding that out. I'll be sending out invites shorlty. 

Wait...it's not the same? What? How in the hell is that even possible? I just did it and it said something like "importing 2000 players". Where is it getting those from? lol

EDIT - Jesus God...it's not even close. The ratings are all fucked up too. Just looking at the Titans, when you use this roster for online franchise, it makes Chris Johnson a 95 OVR and Andy Levitre an 82. In the offline version of this roster, CJ is an 87 and Levitre is a 96. What...the... fuck, EA???
Same as last year, the schemes change the OVR rating. You can only view there real overall in game or in a practice. What you are seeing is the scheme OVR. I'm not quite sure why they just don't provide us with both on the same screen to avoid confusion.

n8, i was mistaken. The File Save/Load that you described 5 minute ago is ABSOLUTELY the right way to do it. Thanks for finding that out. I'll be sending out invites shorlty.
I still think it's wrong though. The ratings seem screwed up. Shows something completely different from offline. Unless I"m somehow looking at it wrong. I specifically loaded the roster offline and looked at the "manage rosters" screen, then loaded up the franchise I made using that roster, and went to my "manage roster" screen, and the numbers were totally different. I know OVR's varied based on scheme last year, but if I'm the Titans and I'm looking at the Titans roster, how in the hell does my LG lose 14 points on his OVR?

Same as last year, the schemes change the OVR rating. You can only view there real overall in game or in a practice. What you are seeing is the scheme OVR. I'm not quite sure why they just don't provide us with both on the same screen to avoid confusion.
I get that...but it's such a huge difference. How would the Titans (a running team who specifically went after Andy Levitre as their big free agent signing) undervalue him by 14 points? That seems so retarded.

EDIT - Jesus God...it's not even close. The ratings are all fucked up too. Just looking at the Titans, when you use this roster for online franchise, it makes Chris Johnson a 95 OVR and Andy Levitre an 82. In the offline version of this roster, CJ is an 87 and Levitre is a 96. What...the... fuck, EA???

n8...if you notice...when looking "in connected careers" and "out of connected careers"....they include different stats. for example....Dion Jordan shows stats including things related to passing, catching, blocking etc when NOT logged into the connected career page. That's why they appear inflated inside of connected careers, and deflated outside. It's all about the scheme things. I actually wrote down EVERY single one of his core stats and compared..and they're identical in both rosters.

I think we're good to roll with these rosters, staticz is going to confirm.

I still think it's wrong though. The ratings seem screwed up. Shows something completely different from offline. Unless I"m somehow looking at it wrong. I specifically loaded the roster offline and looked at the "manage rosters" screen, then loaded up the franchise I made using that roster, and went to my "manage roster" screen, and the numbers were totally different. I know OVR's varied based on scheme last year, but if I'm the Titans and I'm looking at the Titans roster, how in the hell does my LG lose 14 points on his OVR?
Doesn't CCM add a bunch of bull shit attributes that change ratings? I've never looked to see if the attributes are different in each mode.

edit: fero beat me

Ahh I get what you mean now. Did they do any scheme(or position preferences) changes with the updated roster? I know Buffalo's roster was overhauled from a 3-4 to a 4-3, so I'd imagine the scheme's would change with the position changes. I've also read that people on OS claim that the overalls seem to be different from an Owner league to a Coaches league, so who knows with EA.

n8...if you notice...when looking "in connected careers" and "out of connected careers"....they include different stats. for example....Dion Jordan shows stats including things related to passing, catching, blocking etc. Thats why they appear inflated inside of connected careers, and deflated outside. It's all about the scheme things. I actually wrote down EVERY single one of his core stats and compared..and they're identical in both rosters.

I think we're good to roll with these rosters, staticz is going to confirm.
Ok, I didn't look at core stats yet. That makes me feel better, I guess. Still seems ridiculous that Levitre would drop from a 96 to an 82 in the Titans scheme. That's freaking terrible.

the changes in numbers started last year with all this connection career stuff. which i think is cool they change seeing all players can't play every type of plays. for example manning numbers should drop if you put him in a offense like 49ers playbook.

Ahh I get what you mean now. Did they do scheme changes with the updated roster? I know Buffalo's roster was overhauled from a 3-4 to a 4-3, so I'd imagine the scheme's would change with the position changes. I've also read that people on OS claim that the overalls seem to be different from an Owner league to a Coaches league, so who knows with EA.
Ok, I think you guys might be right. At this point, I feel like EA has really jumped the shark with the "scheme" thing though. It feels so convoluted and all over the place. I have my team's scheme, my scheme for my positions, and then the players "preferred scheme" in those positions. Having a number system is worthless. It might as well just say "Good blocker", "Fast receiver with good hands", etc.

the changes in numbers started last year with all this connection career stuff. which i think is cool they change seeing all players can't play every type of plays. for example manning numbers should drop if you put him in a offense like 49ers playbook.
No offense, but you're really turning into an encyclopedia of shit that people already know. Are you reading from a script?

I just pointed it out to N8 in his league, but I figured i'd bring it up here as well. Through 3 preseason weeks in the Owners league, there are 56 players injured. That's with the injury slider bumped down to a 30. 10/56 injured players were set to miss 7 games or more and there were a couple 40+ week injuries.

i get at least 10 minor injures every game i play post of the time it's the same players getting injured during the game. just played a game and rodgers was hurt 3 times in one game.

Ok...this might be something. Check your depth charts. This roster in online franchise somehow put Ryan Fitzpatrick as the starting QB over Jake Locker even though he is definitely not, and doesn't show up that way offline.

Also, Fill roster will still be on for everyone and the assist swap/ballhawk/heat seek will be off by default even if the commish changes them. Everyone will have to set it up properly for themselves.

Ok...this might be something. Check your depth charts. This roster in online franchise somehow put Ryan Fitzpatrick as the starting QB over Jake Locker even though he is definitely not, and doesn't show up that way offline.
There appears to be a handful of depth chart errors. I would recommend that everyone work their depth chart after they get an invite. Nico Johnson will start for the Chiefs but is listed as the 4th MLB

There appears to be a handful of depth chart errors. I would recommend that everyone work their depth chart after they get an invite. Nico Johnson will start for the Chiefs but is listed as the 4th MLB
If there are that many issues, I don't know that I'd feel comfortable using these rosters at all. Who knows what other problems will pop up later when it's too late to do anything about them (Ty Warren says hello). And if they screwed up depth charts, I'm not really willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on the difference in OVRs actually being due to "scheme". Roster just seems borked.

If there are that many issues, I don't know that I'd feel comfortable using these rosters at all. Who knows what other problems will pop up later when it's too late to do anything about them (Ty Warren says hello).
I don't know about the example Static brought up, but Locker is the starter on the roster by default. My guess is that when the franchise is created they redo the depth charts, which throws some things off. I know when I was first checking when Fero brought it up, they had the RT starting at LT and the LT starting at RT, but offline before the rosters are loaded into the franchise they are in the correct spot.

I don't know about the example Static brought up, but Locker is the starter on the roster by default. My guess is that when the franchise is created they redo the depth charts, which throws some things off. I know when I was first checking when Fero brought it up, they had the RT starting at LT and the LT starting at RT, but offline before the rosters are loaded into the franchise they are in the correct spot.
Automatically re-ordering the depth chart on an imported roster? Well, that's just brilliant, lol. It's not like people would...you know, want it the way the custom roster puts it or anything.

Ahoy There.

Barring anything catastrophic...Staticz and I think we're both happy with these rosters.

You'll All be receiving invites from me within the next 20-30 minutes.

#1.This is a Coaches only League. Do Not create a Player, Nor an Owner

#2.You WILL create your own coach in this league. Do NOT use Current/Pre-Made Coaches

#3. Do Not Mess up. This is your one and Only Chance to join the league as the team you have been designated. If you Mess Up/Type in the Wrong Name, and QUIT the league, you will be BLACKLISTED from the team you quit from. Staticz and I will have no control over this, and you'll be Shit out of luck until the following season.

#4. You will have to fill out your own Depth Charts.

#5. You will have make the following changes in your "settings page"
Fill Roster: Off
Assist Swap: On
Ballhawk: On
Heatseek: On

#6. If there's something stupid broken in this roster...I have no problems deleting this league in the next week to two weeks and Starting over from scratch. Just throwing it out there. 

Juust wondering but do we always up the pass coveragge slider from 50 to 75 or is that a default?

[quote name="staticz" post="11042424" timestamp="1378567062"]

Default was 7 and in several test games that felt too long.

The last several seasons we have done 5? Right?

Yes, we used 5 min quarters the last few years. We want the league to test 6 mins over the preseason to see if it's too much or not enough. Just remember we can change any of these league settings at anytime moving forward.

Nice, I like the idea of 6 minute quarters. I know there's been some shootouts, but it would be nice if that extra time just turned into a more realistic game (instead of 4 extra minutes of shootout). So we'll see! 

Is preseason game 1 available at the moment or is there a step before that? I need to get on the game this afternoon but finishing up some errands. 

I have not "Started" The league per say...as i don't want people playing the cpu, nor do i want the cpu signing free agents. 

As of right now, 20 people have joined.

Those who have outstanding invites, but haven't joined yet:

hotitlnstln

augmog

og whitewidow

Those that don't seem to have madden 25 yet, so i can't invite your gamertag:

neworlbush25

man2008

zurezo

x ballin (slacker44)

need a gamertag for this guy:

irideabike

Everyone on this list has been Sent a PM. To the 5 who haven't bought the game/haven't launched the game yet.... What Gives?Two weeks have passed!  I've No problems handing those 5 slots out to others. Please get it done. 

Have you guys noticed rosters seem to have more than 53 players on them? If these rosters are after the 53 man cuts, is the game re-adding practice squad guys just so you can cut them again? That seems a bit counterproductive.

Have you guys noticed rosters seem to have more than 53 players on them? If these rosters are after the 53 man cuts, is the game re-adding practice squad guys just so you can cut them again? That seems a bit counterproductive.
They include practice squad and IR players in their roster updates, this is something they did last year as well.

bread's done
Back