Madden 25 Official CAG League - 3 Seasons Completed. Shutdown for 2013-2014.

Colts move to 5-0

Colts Top Players:

Luck QBR 112.5  14-20 for 387 yards and 3 TD, 3 INT, 22 yards on the ground

Bradshaw att 15 rushes for 154 yards and 2 TD while Ballard added 80 yards and 1 TD 

Hilton 7 rec for 257 yards and 2 TD while Rodgers added a 28 yard TD 

Angerer 8 Tackles 

Toler had 3 INT while Vaughn, Davis, and Jenkins also added INT each.

Seahawks Top Players: 

Wilson QBR 39.5  12-29 for 216 yards 1 TD and 6 INT 

Lynch 9 ATT for 34 yards while Wilson added 39 yards and Coleman a TD 

Miller had 6 REC for 106 yards 1 TD 

Wagner had 7 Tackles 1 TFL 1 INT while Sherman and Irvin each added a INT 

GG Timbo 

man i need to cut down on the Turnovers they are killer!!

But at least I wasn't doing the same formation N throwing it to the se guys over an over or running drag routes the whole gm
I don't think you know what a drag route is.

I've got nearly an Eidetic memory. See Below.

here's my every route ran by the players on my team.

Charles clay: 1 Left side of Formation Seam Route
Lamar Miller: 1 Wheel Route for a First Down, 3 "C" routes left side of formation, 1 Stab route for a first down.
Mike Wallace: 3 Out routes for Big gains, 2 Post Routes(1 for a TD), 1 Curl route
Brian Hartline: 1 Zig for 10 Yards, 1 Hitch route for 19 Yards.
Dustin Keller: 2 Corner routes (1 for a TD), 1 Flat Route for 8 Yards
Ryan Swope: 2 Comeback routes, 1 Corner Route.

Lmao u guys are a joke everytime I play the commiss they always bitch but when I play anyone else nobody bitches an complains I just don't get it why u commissoners bitch about everything?

And there was no running up the score so where In the rules did I break? If imma get a stike I wanna see a rule tht says no 5 wides to get a first down????? Where is it I dont see in anywhere

this has gotten ridiculous...first of all, that's a bullshit strike if given to ballhawk. if fero decides to throw in the towel in the beginning of the third, how is that ballhawk's problem? yall say play like an NFL coach would... what coach gives up right after halftime? moreover, how are we supposed to play like a nfl coach when we have a billion restrictions placed on how we play?

im just still puzled how ballhawk thinks have a 5 wr set is running out the clock would you not just run the ball?

I think he is saying he needed to secure the first down here so that he could run the clock our for the duration of the quarter , the clock would still stop due to the two minute warning, so getting a first down is logical

i did a Read-Option play with 10 seconds before have my QB was about to get tackled so i did the Lateral and my HB took it to the house. i did the play twice all game. it was a lucky play but cheesy idk. 

when i joined this league, it was competetive and fun. now, it's more like a chore sometimes just trying to get a game played. cant do this... cant do that... this ain't a training league. I'm all for curbing cheese but to limit what someone can do in a game because u dont want the other person to feel inferior is senseless

this has gotten ridiculous...first of all, that's a bullshit strike if given to ballhawk. if fero decides to throw in the towel in the beginning of the third, how is that ballhawk's problem? yall say play like an NFL coach would... what coach gives up right after halftime? moreover, how are we supposed to play like a nfl coach when we have a billion restrictions placed on how we play?
the problem starts at people having diff opinions how a "REAL" nfl coach would coach. Non of us are a true nfl coach so honstly in almost every single person a sim football game is diff then another person point of view.

i did a Read-Option play with 10 seconds before have my QB was about to get tackled so i did the Lateral and my HB took it to the house. i did the play twice all game. it was a lucky play but cheesy idk.
honstly it's not you it's just the awful a.i in the game oh lets allgo for the qb

and the fact that being angry my offense is pretty much nothing now with out tate and harvin for six weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I agree with Duece here in reference to the strike , I mean that was a third down where he could secure the first and end the game with the ball, that is simple logic coaches don't want to punt it back to the opposition , especially at the end with just the two minute warning left to stop the clock. Now are we saying that it is a rule that towards the end of the game if your securing the last first down to head into the 2 min warning and run the clock out you can't secure the first down in five wide ?

i've watched this league go from a collection of madden lovers with a competetive edge to a group of guys who just play the game because everyone else is doing it. gone are the days when u catch a loss and u go figure out what happened. sometimes it's a mistake u made, sometimes it's just that your opponent was better than u... now we have butt-hurt bitching about "he ran 5 wide in the 4th a 14 pt lead and 2 mins to go" type shit... who the fuck cares

Are you serious Deuce? I don't need to defend my decision, but I'm pretty sure you would never run 5 wide in the 4Q up by 21 when your opponent had no timeouts. Or would you?

I'm not even going to answer your third question. You know better. The only rules we put in place are to avoid situations like this. I didn't hear you barking up a tree when we asked Timbo to stop running sideways with his QB.

I think he is saying he needed to secure the first down here so that he could run the clock our for the duration of the quarter , the clock would still stop due to the two minute warning, so getting a first down is logical
Down 21, no timeouts. Punting the ball is not going to lose him the game. 3 minutes left with the ball on 3rd down. So he runs the clock down to 1 and runs the ball. 4th and 2 he runs another 40 seconds off the clock and switches field position. You're telling me the guy who scored 10 points with his offense is scoring 21 points in 2 minutes.

He was up 21 freaking points guys, after running 4 wide and 5 wide all game long. He never ONCE came out in a traditional 2WR,1 TE set. see my next post.

the problem starts at people having diff opinions how a "REAL" nfl coach would coach. Non of us are a true nfl coach so honstly in almost every single person a sim football game is diff then another person point of view.
I agree with this too , plus there are real NFL coaches that don't see a two score lead as a sure win, hell there are plenty of madden players who aren't turning down what they do til they are up 28. I have lost madden games up 21 to opponents many of times.

Not that I'm picking a side at all..peyton manning did throw and complete a pass monday night with like 2:30 left...granted it was not from 5 wide...not knowing when fero used his time outs and the whole scenario I don't have a problem with throwing on a third down in order to keep the clock running and continue to run the clock out...as long as your not scoring

I'm not even going to answer your third question. You know better. The only rules we put in place are to avoid situations like this. I didn't hear you barking up a tree when we asked Timbo to stop running sideways with his QB.
which by the way i did not do at all tonights game well only when the game was just about over and down 20 some points to waste clock

when i joined this league, it was competetive and fun. now, it's more like a chore sometimes just trying to get a game played. cant do this... cant do that... this ain't a training league. I'm all for curbing cheese but to limit what someone can do in a game because u dont want the other person to feel inferior is senseless

Deuce, you're a respected member of this community, but if you're not happy here, nobodies handcuffing you and not letting you leave. You choose to be here. For whatever reason that might be.

The Goal of this league is to for Everyone to have fun, Win or Lose. You'll notice I never ONCE complained about losing the game. He stomped me, I was fine with this. It's the way he continued to smear it into my face that brought it to the thread.

in regards to your "this isn't a training league"...I'm Honestly right now considering leaving you guys to your devices, turning off the maddendaddy website, and returning my Madden 25 disc. It's gotten that ridiculous when i STILL See people playing like this week in and week out.

Those of you who do anything they can to win their weekly games are what's dragging this league down. The "Rules" are there to curb this.

I'll pose one question: Would you Rather us take away all the rules and you can go back to your weekly ranked game matches? Because that's what they'd turn into. If the answer is yes. I'll Gladly pack my shit and go, because that's not the madden game I'm here to play.

I agree with this too , plus there are real NFL coaches that don't see a two score lead as a sure win, hell there are plenty of madden players who aren't turning down what they do til they are up 28. I have lost madden games up 21 to opponents many of times.
He was up three scores, not two.

Not that I'm picking a side at all..peyton manning did throw and complete a pass monday night with like 2:30 left...granted it was not from 5 wide...not knowing when fero used his time outs and the whole scenario I don't have a problem with throwing on a third down in order to keep the clock running and continue to run the clock out...as long as your not scoring
well fox is a douch coach anyways so yes he would do those kind of things with that little time left

Down 21, no timeouts. Punting the ball is not going to lose him the game. 3 minutes left with the ball on 3rd down. So he runs the clock down to 1 and runs the ball. 4th and 2 he runs another 40 seconds off the clock and switches field position. You're telling me the guy who scored 10 points with his offense is scoring 21 points in 2 minutes.
Im not saying it would lose him the game but in my opinion I wouldn't say its a strike either, I have played sprice and Mog plenty of times down late with no chance and they could just run a dive and punt and instead they come out guns blzing secure the 1st and then waste the clock.

why are we playing this game as if it's about the thrill of competition but we place limitations on how competitive we can be? I recommend we stop babying the lesser players by limiting and penalizing the bettr ones for being more adept at the game. do away with these stupid ass rules. go back to the "no cheese, use common sense" days of CAG. those who can't hang or don't want to can leave. i want a league full of competitors... not whiners. that shit is stupid. if u cant compete an cant/wont get better, well then maybe u shoulda bought NFL Blitz instea. find a league to better suit ur skill level rather than drag this one down so the worst players are even keeled with the best

Im not saying it would lose him the game but in my opinion I wouldn't say its a strike either, I have played sprice and Mog plenty of times down late with no chance and they could just run a dive and punt and instead they come out guns blzing secure the 1st and then waste the clock.
And if you would've complained they would have gotten a strike. If this was a new member of the league, it would be a warning as usual, Ballhawk has been here multiple times. Continuing on with insults is showing how much he actually cares about the strikes.

I put up 14 points in the first 2 minutes of the game after a 27 yard interception for a TD, and a QB fumble Recovery at your 30 yard line. These were your first two drives of the game. You absolutely had the game in hand by the end of the 2nd quarter, up 28-17.

Yes, i'm absolutely serious. You broke the rules. Your "running" yards were ALL in the 4th quarter after i sent you a pm.

He was up three scores, not two.
I was referring to him saying Ballhawk had the game in hand when it was 28-17 (11 points) in the second quarter

if you want to take qb runing out why don't we not allow screens and pitch option plays where qbs can run with rb and flip it when ever htye want that's just as bad as qb running seeing it does the same thing to ai makes it look dumb. I'm sorry but madden is just not that great of a sim to be played as a nfl sim. Madden is pretty much a arcade football game at this point not a true nfl sim.

And if you would've complained they would have gotten a strike. If this was a new member of the league, it would be a warning as usual, Ballhawk has been here multiple times. Continuing on with insults is showing how much he actually cares about the strikes.
I don't mind the strike for the insults , so I don't want you to think I condone that but Im only asking about the gameplay decision

why are we playing this game as if it's about the thrill of competition but we place limitations on how competitive we can be? I recommend we stop babying the lesser players by limiting and penalizing the bettr ones for being more adept at the game. do away with these stupid ass rules. go back to the "no cheese, use common sense" days of CAG. those who can't hang or don't want to can leave. i want a league full of competitors... not whiners. that shit is stupid. if u cant compete an cant/wont get better, well then maybe u shoulda bought NFL Blitz instea. find a league to better suit ur skill level rather than drag this one down so the worst players are even keeled with the best
That is the fucking rule Deuce. Don't be a dick, no cheese, play like an NFL coach. That is it.

Ballhawk played like a dick...end of fucking story. If you don't get it or want a more competitive league - www.maddentips.com All the ranked style matches you can handle. They'll even sell you a playbook.

I didn't complain because that doesn't breach the rules as written, you can secure a first down to run the clock out , NFL coaches do it all the time especially outside the 2 min warning.

staticz... i didnt say anything about the sideways running shit cuz i wasn't reading the thread. i got tired of the crying early on and only paid attention if i sae the word trade... also, running sideways is only effective if the person going to make the tackle dives or hit sticks too soon. EVERYTHING has a counter... just have to learn how to user some shit generally speaking... not directed at u)

Siradam... i won't leave cuz i love Madden, and i like the overall level of c

ok... i hadn't attacked anyone. i was merely voicing my opinion on the deterioration of the true competitive nature of the game and league... now u want me to be a dick? i'll handle that directly with u. i have no qualms with anyone in this league (except maybe Doom cuz he stole a SB from me with fuckin MATT CASSEL lol).

staticz... i didnt say anything about the sideways running shit cuz i wasn't reading the thread. i got tired of the crying early on and only paid attention if i sae the word trade... also, running sideways is only effective if the person going to make the tackle dives or hit sticks too soon. EVERYTHING has a counter... just have to learn how to user some shit generally speaking... not directed at u)

Siradam... i won't leave cuz i love Madden, and i like the overall level of c
same thing i told them lol running qbs are stopable if you know how which i do but w/e they think wilson is a pocket pass qb

hard to be a pocket qb whe your two best wr's tate and harvin are out 3-6 weeks and best wr you have is raited in low 70's and had to go sign a 38 year old randy moss that did nothing to help. :/

So I know that Im reading right; this is the said breached rule and rule I should have called Sprice and Mog out on :

"[SIZE=12pt]1a. No running up the score[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Everyone should know what this means.  It doesn’t mean you need to start bleeding clock early in the second half (though you can if you want) and it doesn’t mean you have to do nothing but run the ball with a lead.  But if you are still actively trying to score with a massive lead in order to pad stats, it will not be tolerated.  This will be monitored more carefully than ever this year given that you now earn XP for stats.  That is not an excuse for running up the score.  Repeated violations of this rule can earn you a strike.[/SIZE] "

Which in all instances in my situation they would have gotten a strike , although they weren't trying to run up the score ?

ok... i hadn't attacked anyone. i was merely voicing my opinion on the deterioration of the true competitive nature of the game and league... now u want me to be a dick? i'll handle that directly with u. i have no qualms with anyone in this league (except maybe Doom cuz he stole a SB from me with fuckin MATT CASSEL lol).
I think you misread my post - 'Don't be a dick' is a rule. I don't think you are a dick and your opinions are more than welcome. You can leave the personal attacks out of it though.

as i was typing before my phone freakef out... Siradam, i won't leave cuz i like the overall level of competition in this league. u were here years ago when i joined and u can attest to the fact that i've been one of the better players in here. I've lost a game or three because of having to tone back my offense to abide by the league rules. didn't bother me much then cuz i was still making the playoffs but to see how often these rules are being broken/ignored/overlooked makes me think that the rules are no longer keeping things "fun" so much as they are micro-managing the games.

ALL I'M TRYING TO SAY is there are too many rules governing how we play. i fully agree with No Cheese. that should really be the only rule. the stuff about running up the score is stupid. i forgot who said it but it came out of the Patriots camp back when they went 16-0... the offense gets paid to score points...

I'm not gonna sit here and address each rule cuz honestly, i haven't even read them. i play the game to win and i know that i play a sim style to begin with... it's why i wanted my Panthers. i know how the team is SUPPOSED to play and that's what i try to do. i have no interest in cheesing, as I'm sure most of us don't. we shouldn't have to itemize the rules to prevent stupid shit. just kick the violators out. warn them once, then if they offend again, boot em... end of story

ALL I'M TRYING TO SAY is there are too many rules governing how we play. i fully agree with No Cheese. that should really be the only rule. the stuff about running up the score is stupid. i forgot who said it but it came out of the Patriots camp back when they went 16-0... the offense gets paid to score points...
So you want no rules other than 'no cheese'? How is cheese defined by you? Running 5 wide and 3 TE sets all game? Or is that OK? Running sideways is cool to because it can be countered right? Do you see where this is going?

You're asking for less rules while others are asking for more defined rules. Which is it going to be?

I'm not gonna sit here and address each rule cuz honestly, i haven't even read them. i play the game to win and i know that i play a sim style to begin with... it's why i wanted my Panthers. i know how the team is SUPPOSED to play and that's what i try to do. i have no interest in cheesing, as I'm sure most of us don't. we shouldn't have to itemize the rules to prevent stupid shit. just kick the violators out. warn them once, then if they offend again, boot em... end of story
Right. We don't have itemized rules right now and everyone throws a fit when we have to hand out a strike...

That was not the only formations I ran I wish he would of took a video so u guya could see it an not believe everything he says cuz he's commissioner, I ran a lot of strong formation iso form etc I scoredy pts on the 3 wide an so forth he didn't like it an is complainimg cuz he couldn't stop it so wtf am I gettimg a strike for its just total bs but u commiss have yall way an always will!!

i would rather deal with 5 wide all game than to have to defend screens, draws, and Doom's running game any day. i understand what the rules are trying to accomplish but it's creating an environment where losing to someone cuz u couldn't adjust to a formation and the opponent recognizing and taking advantage of it is cause for crying foul....

bread's done
Back