Madden 25 Official CAG League - 3 Seasons Completed. Shutdown for 2013-2014.

What really bothers me about the Xbox 1 is the mandatory, always listening, always watching kinect
You don't even have to plug it in.

For me, it isn't even the always watching or always listening, it's the "I'm watching Netflix and my Kinect decided Sawyer from Lost said something directed to it and it is now rewinding the show."
lol. I hope that Sawyer sounds exactly like you, says Xbox *keyword*, and looks like you. All three of which have to happen for the kinect to listen to your commands. Or you could just say 'xbox stop listening,' up to you.

Sony's marketing sure did a number on MS :D

Last edited by a moderator:
48 seconds left, new first down, opposing team has 1 timeout. Throw for a TD?? Yup, that's the play in this league.

GG og, you play like a ranked player. I particularly liked the kickoff exploit where my returner never got the ball.

Lol and he goes for it with 1 second left. I called a timeout but shut up and take the knee. If he doesn't get a strike, no one gets one.

You don't even have to plug it in.

lol. I hope that Sawyer sounds exactly like you, says Xbox *keyword*, and looks like you. All three of which have to happen for the kinect to listen to your commands. Or you could just say 'xbox stop listening,' up to you.

Sony's marketing sure did a number on MS :D
Just commenting on my experience with the current Kinect, I personally have no opinion on next Gen. Have not done any research yet.

What really bothers me about the Xbox 1 is the mandatory, always listening, always watching kinect
you can un hook it it's not needed to play

on a side note i doudt i will even be getting madden 25 on x1 at all it just looks like the same game with shiny new look. I hope we don't have a replay of start of 360/ps3 gen.

Well, before Judge Staticz gets here....OG. You've got some 'splaining to do.
He's told me the kickoff cheese was to counter Chetty's returns. Except... He was playing me. And the score, which put him up by more than 2 scores was because I've scored on quick drives before. I also turned the ball over a million times and had like 14 points to my name.

I believe you had two timeouts left, the game was close had to run another play..this all happened after a bullshit two-point safety in which I picked the ball on the 2 yard line and my safeties momentum brought him into the end one. As far as the play on 1 second, if you call a timeout with one second left you are antagonizing me to run the play..

More like all the games.

You still getting your X1 at launch?

Yea I should be still getting it at launch I'm 99 percent sure ? I did cancel my elgato order after I saw info on streaming lol

The kick return is broken..you can kickoff however seen fit..I was kicking it primarily to your 10-15 yard line.
He kicks to around where TEs are standing. It's a. bit ridiculous to do every time but I think the receiving team will usually start well past the 20.

When (if) the league moves onto Xbox One we will have to hire Refs to watch the streaming games so stuff like this doesn't happen lol ;)

He kicks to around where TEs are standing. It's a. bit ridiculous to do every time but I think the receiving team will usually start well past the 20.
Other guys do the same, but 9 times out of 10, like you said - it is at the 20 or after.

I don't have a problem with that. We need more details about the end of the game situation.

I don't care what he "believes". There was one. I called my 2nd one as he converted the first down. He had 48 seconds and 3 downs to work with. Clock was stopped. Knees end it. And he threw it into the endzone on two different possessions.

Check the score, the game wasn't in reach at that point. And if it was, knees ended it.

The only way you don't win with 48 seconds left is if Uber has 3 timeouts (we know he had two or less) or you throw a pick six. You should've knelt the ball and ended the game. At most, you should have ran the ball. 

It is unfortunate but I'm going to have to give you a strike OG. It is your first one and is therefore just a warning strike. Don't take it personally, just make sure you end the game cleanly from here on out.

Patriots would have gone for it. The play with 1 second left came after a pick, I ran it out at the one. Kneeled it, then uber called a timout with one second left..it was running..

Patriots would have gone for it. The play with 1 second left came after a pick, I ran it out at the one. Kneeled it, then uber called a timout with one second left..it was running..
I don't care what the Patriots would've done, but you do bring up a good point. Part of this league, whether people like it or not, is to play games that are fun. We all have to deal with losses, but we shouldn't have to deal with ungracious winners.

Uber - pulling crap like that, no matter how annoyed you are, is second only to quitting on my 'seriously?' list. I'm not 100% sure it is strike worthy, but takes this as a strong warning.

Is anyone surprised CheapyD and company haven't made new forums for the Xbox One and PS4? It's going to be chaos for games that appear on current gen and next (ie. Madden). People already post in the wrong thread just with us having multiple leagues. Once you have wrong console too, it's going to be a damn mess, lol.

Is anyone surprised CheapyD and company haven't made new forums for the Xbox One and PS4? It's going to be chaos for games that appear on current gen and next (ie. Madden). People already post in the wrong thread just with us having multiple leagues. Once you have wrong console too, it's going to be a damn mess, lol.
There was a thread in site feedback where he asked for opinions. I think the consensus was, one forum to rule them all :/

There was a thread in site feedback where he asked for opinions. I think the consensus was, one forum to rule them all :/
That's crazy. It would make more sense to age-out the OG Xbox and PS2 forums that are basically completely dead if the concern is having "too many forums". Maybe they're just thinking people won't be buying the new systems right away, so it will be slow-going for the first year. But eventually, they have to separate it.

I think this transition to next gen will take longer than any before it considering how heavily invested people are in the 360 and PS3 infrastructure and that many things can't be carried forward. I would wager that it'll be a good 3-4 years before those systems are truly phased out. And by that time, there will be a crap load of Xbox One and PS4 games. Keeping them all under one roof is just going to make the site look ugly and disorganized.

Dolphins get their First win of the CAG League (both seasons!) over the Chargers 37-31 in overtime.  Chargers gave the dolphins a scare after the dolphins led 17-3 at the half. Scored 21 consecutive points in the 3rd quarter to really freak me out. 

Dolphins Offense: 189 Passing Yards, 2 TD / 200 Rushing Yards, 3 TD

Dolphins Defense: 7 Sacks, 2 Interceptions, 11 TFL

Chargers Offense: 321 Passing Yards, 4 TD / 27 Rushing Yards 

Chargers Defense: 2 Sacks, 1 Interception, 7 TFL

Offense:

R. Tannehill - 12 for 20 196 Yards, 2 TD, 1 Int      /   8 Rushes for 52 Yards

L. Miller 23 Rushes for 110 Yards

D. Thomas 8 Rushes for 36 Yards, 2 TD

D. Keller - 4 Rec for 50 Yards

L. Miller - 2 Rec for 23 Yards

B. Gibson - 2 Rec for 41 Yards

M. Wallace - 2 Rec for 45 Yards, 1 TD

B. Hartline - 1 Rec for 19 Yards, 1 TD

P. Rivers - 29 for 36 379 Yards, 4 TD, 2 Int

A. Gates - 7 Rec for 50 Yards, 1 TD

R. Mathews - 5 Rec for 54 Yards

S. Moss - 5 Rec for 62 Yards, 1 TD

J. Phillips - 4 Rec for 36 Yards

M. Floyd - 3 Rec for 78 Yards, 1 TD

J. Morgan - 2 Rec for 34 Yards

K. Allen - 1 Rec for 54 Yards, 1 TD

Defense:

D. Jordan - 2 Sacks, 2 Interceptions, 1 TFL

C. Wake - 4 Sacks

D. Ellerbe - 9 Tackles

D. Butler - 11 Tackles

Q. Mikell - 10 Tackles

N. Asomugha -3 Tackles, 1 Interception

gg panoramic. 

Any chance were advancing early, or is it looking like a midnight advance?

And Congrats on the W. Not looking forward to that pass rush.

I don't care what the Patriots would've done, but you do bring up a good point. Part of this league, whether people like it or not, is to play games that are fun. We all have to deal with losses, but we shouldn't have to deal with ungracious winners.

Uber - pulling crap like that, no matter how annoyed you are, is second only to quitting on my 'seriously?' list. I'm not 100% sure it is strike worthy, but takes this as a strong warning.
I'd really like to hear how using my timeout is anything near throwing it on two different possessions where knees would end the game. Again, OG had the option to end the game in his possession twice, but decided to throw the ball. The first time with 48 seconds (check the boxscore to disprove me) and me with 1-2 timeouts (I'm positive my 2nd timeout was blown on that first down he made to make it 1st and Goal). And the second time with 1 second left on the 1 yard line. But using my timeouts is almost as bad a quitting an entire game? Sure.

I'd also like an official ruling on these short kicks he kept doing to keep my returner from getting it. If it's approved by the league then I'll start doing it as well.

OG, can you let me know what playbook you're using and what set you had for those QBs sneaks? I've never seen a goal line-like lineup where they switch in the 2nd or 3rd string QB automatically for a straight up sneak. QB run, sure, but sneak they usually leave the starter in for. I know you said that QB was automatically in for that set and you weren't hot swapping so I was just curious.

I'd really like to hear how using my timeout is anything near throwing it on two different possessions where knees would end the game. Again, OG had the option to end the game in his possession twice, but decided to throw the ball. The first time with 48 seconds (check the boxscore to disprove me) and me with 1-2 timeouts (I'm positive my 2nd timeout was blown on that first down he made to make it 1st and Goal). And the second time with 1 second left on the 1 yard line. But using my timeouts is almost as bad a quitting an entire game? Sure.

I'd also like an official ruling on these short kicks he kept doing to keep my returner from getting it. If it's approved by the league then I'll start doing it as well.

OG, can you let me know what playbook you're using and what set you had for those QBs sneaks? I've never seen a goal line-like lineup where they switch in the 2nd or 3rd string QB automatically for a straight up sneak. QB run, sure, but sneak they usually leave the starter in for. I know you said that QB was automatically in for that set and you weren't hot swapping so I was just curious.

Really? You want the game to end, but then you pull the 'call a timeout to be annoying' card and prolong the game. He got a strike and moved on, you should do the same. Just like I told OG, it isn't personal.

The kicks are fine. No different than punting it out of bounds.

edit: woah CAG 3.0, calm down buddy.

We Have Advanced. Deadline will be 8pm EST Sunday.

The Bears @ Vikings and Redskins @ Cowboys Games Got simmed.  unfortunately, i was really hoping the vikings would win the sim, and they lost. I'm sorry Man2008.

Bears Did not ever respond to man2008's pm's... And unfortunately couldn't play until midnight tonight (he could play very early today..but i couldn't get home to set the bears to auto)

Cowboys and Redskins still both need owners. 

I know Doom and others mentioned it last night, but for those that missed the livestream, here is actual gameplay footage of Madden on PS4.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/13/5100328/live-polygons-ps4-marathon-video

Skip to 28:05.
43013705.jpg

not sure if i was watching ps4 or 360 WTH EA well no wonder why they did that trade in and get it for 10 bucks lol. Feel sorry for people that got it for 360 then pay 60 more dollers for next gen hoping for change.

bread's done
Back