Madden 25 Official CAG League - 3 Seasons Completed. Shutdown for 2013-2014.

Colts 35  Cardinals  24

Colts Top Players:

Luck  9-15 for 196 yards 2 TD and 1 INT

Williams 59 yards 2 TD

Heyward-Bey 117 yards 2 TD

Bethea 1 FF and a Pick 6

Cardinals Top Players:

Palmer 24-35 for 294 yards 1 TD 1 INT and 2 TD on the ground

Smith 84 yards

Fitz with 87 yards while King got the TD

Cason with the INT

GG Mile High

I finally had a game with no bad turnovers. the only INT was a half time throw up!!

Last edited by a moderator:
another thing i was wondering. wasnt there a problem with players that were traded with 1 year contacts in madden 13. I noticed i have a couple and was not giving the option to sign them. So i hope they give me the option after the season is over but if not i would think i would get the right to them?

another thing i was wondering. wasnt there a problem with players that were traded with 1 year contacts in madden 13. I noticed i have a couple and was not giving the option to sign them. So i hope they give me the option after the season is over but if not i would think i would get the right to them?
Isn't this what I asked you yesterday and you answered? lol. Remember, you said you still can't negotiate with them, but you can franchise tag them.

Panthers over Dolphins 42-28.

I thought I could hang with the big boys in the first half, tied 21-21..... Turns out I was just pretending. Or deuce was taking it easy. After 3 straight back to back interceptions, my Starters got yoinked. Deuce was hitting my players way too hard to take any chances of injury.

GG Deuce.

My opponent is on auto I believe and I sent him a message about playing last night. I just wanna know how long I should wait until I play the game.

Personally, I think guys who've been traded in the last year of the contract should go into the pool for free agency at the end of the season. I think it will discourage some of the trading which obviously I'd be for. Not signing those guys long term are a part of the risk you take irl when you deal for a guy in the last year of his deal, no reason we should continue to give exclusive rights here. 

Personally, I think guys who've been traded in the last year of the contract should go into the pool for free agency at the end of the season. I think it will discourage some of the trading which obviously I'd be for. Not signing those guys long term are a part of the risk you take irl when you deal for a guy in the last year of his deal, no reason we should continue to give exclusive rights here.
But it also isn't the Users fault that the game handles it incorrectly. Punishing the user for EA's ineptitude doesn't seem like the correct path either. In real life, it may be a risk but at least teams can attempt to negotiate before other teams have the option.

EDIT: as long as people aren't short changing players to take advantage of the situation, I personally don't see a problem with exclusive free agents.

But it also isn't the Users fault that the game handles it incorrectly. Punishing the user for EA's ineptitude doesn't seem like the correct path either. In real life, it may be a risk but at least teams can attempt to negotiate before other teams have the option.

EDIT: as long as people aren't short changing players to take advantage of the situation, I personally don't see a problem with exclusive free agents.
I agree that it isn't ideal because of EA's issue. But I don't think the solution is to give every traded player in the last year of his deal automatically back to the team that he was traded to, if we have to choose between the two scenarios, I'd choose to make them all available, the team that had them would still have a shot at resigning them but so would everyone else. Players in their prime value their free agency very highly and generally look forward to it to maximize the deal they'd get, we are giving every team a risk-free pass the way we do it currently.

And how do we keep people from low-balling those guys? I just think it'd be more fair to the league to let em go into the pool.

It wouldn't be fair for the fact this rule would be made after I had already traded. It might be something to look at for season 2 but would Deff be unfair to do it this season!

Free Agency Update

• We won't be doing another FA period this season.
  • Free Agency Bidding in the offseason will be wide open. Bid and sign as many as you please
  • Free Agency will remain open through the preseason
  • Free Agency will CLOSE prior to advancing to Week 1 of Season 2. At that point, we'll reassess the pool and determine whether or not to do another period, open it, etc.
We've chosen not to do another FA period because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. No one is going to turn their season around with one FA pickup, especially going into Week 12 and with the limited talent left in FA. 

I don't know if it was just really bad luck on my part or what...but it was extremely hard to re-sign my players in my other league. Out of like 15 players I tried to re-sign, only 2 of them re-signed with me (that is not at all an exaggeration), the rest all ended negotiations after just one offer. Mind you, I offered at LEAST their asking price for each player...some of them significantly more. It was seriously so ridiculous...it blew my mind.

So giving people exclusive rights does sound like a huge advantage to lock up a player who had a good chance to otherwise become a FA. But then again it would be unfair to not even give them a shot to re-sign that player, so I dunno. There's not really a good solution here...just a lesser of two evils sorta situation.

Patriots (sub) contacted the Broncos this morning, no word back though.

When do we advance? Cause Widdow will be home tomorrow night .

Is the league sticking on XBox for the next generation system?

Will we be playing this league on XBox1 this time next year?

Is the league sticking on XBox for the next generation system?

Will we be playing this league on XBox1 this time next year?
Hard telling at this point, we might end up on 360 again if the numbers aren't there or the game sucks. I've got an X1 preordered, but am not sure if I'll keep it yet :D

I know a handful of the guys in here are getting X1's, I haven't heard of anyone switching over to PS4 yet.

Delayed Highlights from the 49ers/Redskins game yesterday:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxuCx2uD4pQ&feature=share&list=UUoLW9kBzK_8ITmLzineWL2w[/youtube]

I'm switching to PS4, though I probably won't get one at launch.
Why are you switching? Edit: I'm really interested. I'm on the fence at this point. X1 sounds better to me in most ways and most of the games I want are going to be on X1...or Wii U

PS4- Cheaper at launch, more first party titles I care about, PS Plus service, overhauled controller, slightly better hardware though I doubt we'll notice right away. 

Xbox One- Kinect I don't want or need, more worried about landing timed exclusives rather than creating new franchises, still no built in charge function for controllers, won't let you upgrade your hard drive unless you buy their proprietary one. 

I don't need another multimedia device, my 360/PS3 combo already does that. Sony cares about games that's why I'm switching. 

Duece's phone was stolen today and he won't be able to check anything on the thread for a day or two if you need him contact him on Xbox live.

i don't think i will make up my mind if i will get a x1 at launch till like mid nov. one side its just new tech and im a person that needs new tech on other hand almost everyone i play online games with are not getting one at launch.

Hard telling at this point, we might end up on 360 again if the numbers aren't there or the game sucks. I've got an X1 preordered, but am not sure if I'll keep it yet :D

I know a handful of the guys in here are getting X1's, I haven't heard of anyone switching over to PS4 yet.
Well since this league is by far my favorite thing to do in a video game console, I think ill probably just go with whichever the league is on.

I'm in no hurry to update, so I imagine I'll pick up xbox1 and Madden 14 on the same day.

Well since this league is by far my favorite thing to do in a video game console, I think ill probably just go with whichever the league is on.

I'm in no hurry to update, so I imagine I'll pick up xbox1 and Madden 14 on the same day.
We're in the same boat. I hardly touch my 360 unless it is for Madden. I hope we can get enough guys setup somewhere to keep going strong.

Games Left: 

Titans @ raiders

Cowboys @ Giants

Broncos @ Patriots

Bears @ Rams: 7:00 PM Est

Sending out Pm's now. we Advance in 3 hours and 45 minutes whether these are played, or not. 

Sorry about that DooMane..I flew in at 2am this morning..ive been sleeping most of the day. I can start the game by 8pm for sure if you czn hold off advance till 9pm.

We Have advanced. Only one game needed to be simmed (Giants vs Cowboys). Deadline is Thursday 11pm EST.

CAGFL Playoff Picture

AFC

1. Buffalo Bills (11-0)

1. Indianapolis Colts (11-0)

3. Denver Broncos (9-2)

4. Cleveland Browns (8-3)

5. Tennessee Titans (8-3)

6. New England Patriots (7-4) 

7. Oakland Raiders (6-5)

8. Baltimore Ravens (6-5)

9. Kansas City Chiefs (5-6)

NFC

1. Minnesota Vikings (11-0)

2. Philadelphia Eagles (9-2)

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (8-3)

4. San Francisco 49ers (7-4)

5. St. Louis Rams (7-4)

6. Carolina Panthers (6-5)

7. Chicago Bears (6-5)

8. Atlanta Falcons (6-5)

9. Arizona Cardinals (5-6)

Bills move to 12-0 with a 23-3 win over the Falcons. Both teams seemed to have any easy time moving the ball between the 20's but struggled in the red zone. Buffalo was able to punch in a pair of second quarter touchdowns and that proved to be the difference in the game. GG Cool.

Stats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_mGtbfkkaI&feature=youtu.be

Notes from the video:

1. The phantom offensive pass interference that was being discussed occurs around the 2:40 mark if anyone is interested in what it looks like.

2. Thank god for my controllers sake that the catch around the 3:10 mark did not affect the outcome of the game, lol.

Bills move to 12-0 with a 23-3 win over the Falcons. Both teams seemed to have any easy time moving the ball between the 20's but struggled in the red zone. Buffalo was able to punch in a pair of second quarter touchdowns and that proved to be the difference in the game. GG Cool.

Stats

Notes from the video:
1. The phantom offensive pass interference that was being discussed occurs around the 2:40 mark if anyone is interested in what it looks like.
2. Thank god for my controllers sake that the catch around the 3:10 mark did not affect the outcome of the game, lol.
Gg back to the lab

The NFC South battle for the division rages on..............

Carolina defeats Tampa Bay 21-16
The stretch will be super-competitive.

With my 1 game lead, my remaining schedule includes: chetty, mog, staticz and yanksrule

Deuce has yanksrule twice, uber and cool

Cool has mattyoung, darth, staticz and deuce

Work has been picking up lately, i think i'ma have to bow out. i'm in another CAG league and it'll be much easier to stay and schedule that league as it only advances twice a week. my team is way better in this league and i have my favorite player on it but i gotta face the music.

adios muchachos, i'll manually leave next time i fire up my box. hope whoever inherits my lions enjoys them, haven't changed the roster significantly from real life outside of adding josh cribbs.

Work has been picking up lately, i think i'ma have to bow out. i'm in another CAG league and it'll be much easier to stay and schedule that league as it only advances twice a week. my team is way better in this league and i have my favorite player on it but i gotta face the music.

adios muchachos, i'll manually leave next time i fire up my box. hope whoever inherits my lions enjoys them, haven't changed the roster significantly from real life outside of adding josh cribbs.
If you don't mind I'd wait to have the comish kick you out or put you on auto until he can find someone to fill the spot...that way the cpu lions don't pick up free agents

If you don't mind I'd wait to have the comish kick you out or put you on auto until he can find someone to fill the spot...that way the cpu lions don't pick up free agents
This is correct, please do not leave the league until i manually remove you. it helps me ALOT.

Sorry to see you go, However. You're welcome back next year!

i wish i didn't but i left right after i posted that message! Sorry! if you need me to come back somehow to help with that CPU thing i'll have no problem doing it

if i don't find a new owner by the advancement on thursday at 11pm..... Yes, i'd like you to come back temporarily. I'll let you know by about 5pm est tomorrow. Thanks bud! 

Ok i just want a tule check because i think u have to punt the ball but 4th and inches on own 25 up 7 with just over 2 mins left do u punt or go for it cause u dnt get it im on ur 25???

I did it because it was to win the game or punt and I felt the way last drive was no way I would have stop him. It was 4th and inches and a lot of real coaches would have done it

bread's done
Back