Madden 25 Official CAG League - 3 Seasons Completed. Shutdown for 2013-2014.

Debatable. One of the commissioners can weigh in, but since it is debatable I don't think it's against the rules given the specific situation. I don't know how many coaches would go for it on 4th. You're essentially put the opposing team in your redzone only needing a touchdown to tie it. 

Debatable. One of the commissioners can weigh in, but since it is debatable I don't think it's against the rules given the specific situation. I don't know how many coaches would go for it on 4th. You're essentially put the opposing team in your redzone only needing a touchdown to tie it.
. I'm 3-9 I have nothing to lose to worry about that plus I had all 3 time outs I just felt it was the best option for me to win and not lose or go into overtime

I for one has had that happen to me a lot and not once was mad at person for doing it . Now if it was more then inches then yes no way I would have went for it.

Gotta have faith in ur defense 3 timeouts dont matter u were up 7 and thats why i think u had to punt it .. And i have the same record andi would have said im gunna stop him not go for it

Ok i just want a tule check because i think u have to punt the ball but 4th and inches on own 25 up 7 with just over 2 mins left do u punt or go for it cause u dnt get it im on ur 25???
Personally, I think that is 100% not ok in this league.

There's no grey area when you are on your OWN 25. Kick the ball and play some defense. Inches or no inches.

. I'm 3-9 I have nothing to lose to worry about that plus I had all 3 time outs I just felt it was the best option for me to win and not lose or go into overtime
I think this point could perhaps go the other way. Like if it was The Super Bowl and you didn't have faith in your D.

But with nothing to lose give a fellow league member the decency to lose to you fair and square. Give the man a chance.

I did it because it was to win the game or punt and I felt the way last drive was no way I would have stop him. It was 4th and inches and a lot of real coaches would have done it
You don't know a lot of real football if you think a coach wouldn't punt it in that situation. Pin your opponent deep and play defense. All you have to do is keep him out of the end zone, and he's going to have to play desperate. If you "let him back into the game because of turnovers", why would you not trust your defense to hold a 7 point lead? The reality is, converting a 4th and inches in Madden is a high probability. That's why you did it. But on your own 25, that's a dick play call.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well early in 4th he went for it on his 45 when it's was 4th and 10 only down ten points so it goes both ways. Plus it was after 2 min warning so I felt it was win the game now or take the risk of me not getting it and him having ball on my 35 it was not the 25 yard line it was around 30/35

You don't know a lot of real football if you think a coach wouldn't punt it in that situation. Pin your opponent deep and play defense. All you have to do is keep him out of the end zone, and he's going to have to play desperate. If you "let him back into the game because of turnovers", why would you not trust your defense to hold a 7 point lead? The reality is, converting a 4th and inches in Madden is a high probability. That's why you did it. But on your own 25, that's a dick play call.

Check my passing yards giving up on year and you would know why

Check my passing yards giving up on year and you would know why
The fact that the rule says you have to be able to justify going for it on fourth down, doesn't mean you can just make up reasons as to why it's okay to go for it in fourth down.

Passing yards? Get out of here with that

This particular situation, it's NOT OK in my opinion to go for it on 4th down and inches at your own 25 up by 7.

I'm not going to hand out any strikes for this...just a warning.

Your OWN 25? 100% Punt. Sorry Mate.

The fact that the rule says you have to be able to justify going for it on fourth down, doesn't mean you can just make up reasons as to why it's okay to go for it in fourth down.

Passing yards? Get out of here with that?
plz explain how going for in on my 30 on 4th and inches and if i get it i close otu the game and win not justify going for it on forth down? i for one have seen it happen alot in every level of football college and nfl over the years.

This particular situation, it's NOT OK in my opinion to go for it on 4th down and inches at your own 25 up by 7.

it was not the 25 more close to my 35 but i have yet to hear him justify going for it on 4-10 on his 40 with like 5 mins to go only down ten and then he went to score a td.

I may have made THE most ridiculous scramble and throw on the run in this Jets-Fins game. Was about to get sacked out if FG range only up... 2 I believe. Instead ran for my life, threw some stupid cross body off one foot throw that setup the TD. Fun, good game Adam.

Jets 31 - Dolphins 23.

That Offense of yours Uber.....is... how do i say this without starting a fight.... Not enjoyable to play against.

Why were your last 3 plays under 2 minutes (zero timeouts on my side) not Kneels? All 3 runs for gains. Games Over, bud.

gg....but if i never have to play against that spread..5w/4w/QB run monstrosity again...i'll be so entirely happy. lol.

Jets 31 - Dolphins 23.

That Offense of yours Uber.....is... how do i say this without starting a fight.... Not enjoyable to play against.

Why were your last 3 plays under 2 minutes (zero timeouts on my side) not Kneels? All 3 runs for gains. Games Over, bud.

gg....but if i never have to play against that spread..5w/4w/QB run monstrosity again...i'll be so entirely happy. lol.
I was just using Ask Madden and didn't realize the time until I hit the play. That's why I ran into the first defender I found. Wasn't looking for yards.

Most of my QB runs were options or some sort of fake run. Not many 5 wide. I think I did a straight up QB draw 1 or 2 times. You use a similar play if I'm not mistaken, and ran a few times yourself.

If it's that annoying I can stop but throwing has not been my strong suit this season and it has been nice to have another threat out there. When my best playmaker is my fast QB, I'm going to want to run a bit with him.

Colts move to 12-0 after a close game vs the Titans. 

Colts 35  Titans 30

Colts Top Players:

Luck  QBR 137.4  16-21 for 274 yards 3 TD 1 INT- Luck also ran for 96 yards 2 TD 

Bradshaw back from his injury puts up 80 yards on the ground and 74 through the air for 1 TD 

Wayne 82 yards 1 TD while Hilton added 67 yards 1 TD 

Bethea 8 tackles 2 tfl 1 FF while Angerer had a Pick

Titans Top Players:

Locker QBR 127.0  21-32  for 421 yards 3 TD 1 INT and 34 yards on the ground 

Johnson 10 att for 34 yards 

Wright 6 REC for 159 yards 1 TD while Britt had 103 yards 2 TD 

Campbell 1 INT while McCourty had 8 tackles 1 TFL

Great Game Sprice i still can't stop your pass attack maybe one day. 

Well early in 4th he went for it on his 45 when it's was 4th and 10 only down ten points so it goes both ways. Plus it was after 2 min warning so I felt it was win the game now or take the risk of me not getting it and him having ball on my 35 it was not the 25 yard line it was around 30/35
I feel like the argument of there being less than 2 minutes in the 4th almost supports punting the ball even more. Is it safe to assume he was out of timeouts? (used them up to leave as much time on the clock as possible while you were running the ball chewing clock?) It's not like you even have to allow a return on the punt. Angle it out of bounds.

If it wasn't your 25 as you're now claiming...but your 35, that should have made it even easier for you to pin him inside his own 20. So, then he's gotta go 80 yards in under 2 minutes with no timeouts...when you can just sit back in a quarter/dollar defense? I'm not saying it isn't possible for him to come back, but those odds are stacked greatly in your favor. And even then, your worst case scenario is him coming down the field and TYING the game (unless he decides to go for 2 and create "do or die" situation, I guess).

What you're not considering (and I think this speaks to the mindset of Madden players and these "inches" plays) is what could have happened if you DIDN'T pick up the 1st down. By your own admission, you're worried about stopping him from gaining 80+ yards in under 2 minutes. Why would you risk the potential of having to prevent him from gaining 35 yards in under 2 minutes? But in Madden, where the play is all but a gimme, many people don't think about that...which is the problem, and the reason leagues have rules against it. Seriously, what if you didn't get the 1st down?

plz explain how going for in on my 30 on 4th and inches and if i get it i close otu the game and win not justify going for it on forth down? i for one have seen it happen alot in every level of football college and nfl over the years.
Just to touch on this...if he's losing by 2 scores at any point in the 4th quarter, he's probably desperate. I can't say that I'd feel great about going for a 4th and 10 in that situation, but if he felt like that was his last chance, I guess he had to go for it. Conversely, you shouldn't be feeling desperate if you're winning by 7 with less than 2 minutes left. In general, the winning team usually plays it safe at the end of the game. At least that's what happens in the games I watch.

I did it because it was to win the game or punt and I felt the way last drive was no way I would have stop him. It was 4th and inches and a lot of real coaches would have done it

it was not the 25 more close to my 35 but i have yet to hear him justify going for it on 4-10 on his 40 with like 5 mins to go only down ten and then he went to score a td.
Seriously? Please do tell us all about the time you saw a NFL or college coach go for it on their own 30 yard line on 4th down with less than 2 minutes left and a TD lead in their pocket. I would love to hear this. That is so fucking precious. N8 nailed it, so I really won't waste many keystrokes debating it.

Anyhow, sorry to rest of the league members for posting in a thread I don't belong. That is just fucking ridiculous though.

http://youtu.be/1OK3pa51v-Q

Not saying I agree with it, but its a situation that does come up and it is not unimaginable for a real life coach to go for it.

Damn it, I knew if a situation existed, it would have to involve Belichick. And of course, that decision led to a loss in that game. I think Bill Simmons summed it up best:

"What the fuck was Belichick thinking"

and then compared the entire ordeal to "riding in the passenger seat of a friend's car and watching helplessly as he plows over a pedestrian"

Damn it, I knew if a situation existed, it would have to involve Belichick. And of course, that decision led to a loss in that game. I think Bill Simmons summed it up best:

"What the fuck was Belichick thinking"

and then compared the entire ordeal to "riding in the passenger seat of a friend's car and watching helplessly as he plows over a pedestrian"
Belichick was thinking, if my players execute this, then I win a game. Aggressive play calling is always praised/criticized based on the result. I guarantee the same people that criticized him, would have praised him if Faulk hadn't bobbled the catch.

No ones stating there is no risk involved. In Timbo's opinion the risk was worth it and he was correct because he got the first down.

The end result does not always justify the action. Just because he got the first down doesn't mean it was a good decision. Good things can come from bad decisions and vice versa.

I also do not think his claims of it being done a lot have been verified. For me anyways, that is what drew my attention.

Belichick was thinking, if my players execute this, then I win a game. Aggressive play calling is always praised/criticized based on the result. I guarantee the same people that criticized him, would have praised him if Faulk hadn't bobbled the catch.

No ones stating there is no risk involved. In Timbo's opinion the risk was worth it and he was correct because he got the first down.
No offence, but calling that "aggressive" playcalling is being a bit kind. Foolish is a better word. And for all of Belichick's brilliance over the years, being foolish is not beyond his capacity. And I don't think anyone would have praised Belichick had Faulk made the catch. It still would have been a bonehead playcall. But people would have said he got away with one. If you want to encourage people to be foolish, that's your business. But personally, I'd rather play against people who play "right". At least that way, when I lose, it's because they outsmarted me...not because they out-bullshit me.

i will agree yes it my have been agressive play calling but he did have time outs left undre two mins to go so instead of giving him the ball with time outs left i decided to go for it on 4th down if i did not get it well he would have scored im sure and possible tied it unless he decided to go for two it was a risk i was taking. i was not doing it to be a dick move but i felt the game was coming from under me after starting with 21-0 lead then having a int go back for six and a fumble on the following kick return. 

The end result does not always justify the action. Just because he got the first down doesn't mean it was a good decision. Good things can come from bad decisions and vice versa.

I also do not think his claims of it being done a lot have been verified. For me anyways, that is what drew my attention.
Do you really think people would be complimenting Sean Peyton on how smart/great a call it was to do an onside kick coming out of halftime in the Superbowl if the other team recovers?

If the Pats complete the pass in that situation everyone is complimenting Belichick on how gutsy it was and how smart it was to not give P Manning the ball back with 2 minutes to go.

To think that the end results do not affect perception of something is a bit ridiculous.

No offence, but calling that "aggressive" playcalling is being a bit kind. Foolish is a better word. And for all of Belichick's brilliance over the years, being foolish is not beyond his capacity. And I don't think anyone would have praised Belichick had Faulk made the catch. It still would have been a bonehead playcall. But people would have said he got away with one. If you want to encourage people to be foolish, that's your business. But personally, I'd rather play against people who play "right". At least that way, when I lose, it's because they outsmarted me...not because they out-bullshit me.
really dude? i have never ONCE broke rles this season yet and when i was called out on couple plays running with the qb right after snap i said i would change and i did and when i do ONE thing that i think was a thing i should do to lock up a win i get bashed left and right for it.

i love this league but sometimes the adults in this league act like children when something happens to them in a game they thing is pushing the buttons. now im being called a cheater and a awful player

trust me i have seen things done in games that i have played that are close to crossing the rules line in this league and do you see me come in here and BITCH about it NO becasue it's like what ever in the end it's just a game.

then having some dude not even in the league makes his two sense knowing is another complete horse junk. 

Do you really think people would be complimenting Sean Peyton on how smart/great a call it was to do an onside kick coming out of halftime in the Superbowl if the other team recovers?

If the Pats complete the pass in that situation everyone is compliment Belichick on how gutsy it was and how smart it was to not give P Manning the ball back with 2 minutes to go.

To think that the end results do not affect perception of something is a bit ridiculous.
I do not believe your two football examples above are either quite the same caliber (onside kick) or to be true (Belichick scenario). Belichick's football intelligence does not begin or end with Kevin Faulk's ability, or inability here, to catch a short pass.

After delving into studies of the human psyche, I also strongly do not believe that the ends justify the means, despite many, many times where people justify it to themselves.

then having some dude not even in the league makes his two sense knowing is another complete horse junk.
I can't disagree with you there, so I will not post anymore on it.

Waited an hour to watch Mog run....what, 4 plays? C'mon man.

49ers dropped a close one and probably the division crown at the same time.

really dude? i have never ONCE broke rles this season yet and when i was called out on couple plays running with the qb right after snap i said i would change and i did and when i do ONE thing that i think was a thing i should do to lock up a win i get bashed left and right for it.

i love this league but sometimes the adults in this league act like children when something happens to them in a game they thing is pushing the buttons. now im being called a cheater and a awful player
Um...I was mostly talking about Chetty's Belichick example. None of that was directed toward you. Besides...I'm not even in this league, lol :) Just trying to offer perspective. Personally, I would have gone with the safe play, because like I said, I think your reasoning for going for it is skewed by how relatively easy an "inches" play is to convert in Madden. When it's 99% automatic, yeah, of course...why wouldn't you go for it? But that doesn't mean it should always be allowed.

I can't disagree with you there, so I will not post anymore on it.

It's not just you, haha. It's me too. We're tag teaming it. But whatever. I thought it was an interesting discussion, and honestly, people don't really talk about Madden much this year (burnout or end of hardware cycle, I don't know). I thought it was pretty respectful. It's not like I called him a piece of shit dirtbag or anything. I just think the possibility of not picking up the first down should make the risk not worth it. But that isn't always the case in Madden.

To everyone talking about the punt situation. Read the above quote and stfu.

Waited an hour to watch Mog run....what, 4 plays? C'mon man.

49ers dropped a close one and probably the division crown at the same time.

My 4 plays were all zone reads, I couldn't afford to run power at that D. Every hit u made I felt was a big hit.

But it paid off because I didn't turn the ball over and 2 rb that went for over 100 yards.

Gg staticz it was a old school smashmouth football game

My 4 plays were all zone reads, I couldn't afford to run power at that D. Every hit u made I felt was a big hit.

But it paid off because I didn't turn the ball over and 2 rb that went for over 100 yards.

Gg staticz it was a old school smashmouth football game
I found it really annoying that you only ran 6-10 plays the whole game. You had one run that you ran at least 90% of your plays and just flipped the play. I don't normally complain, because I subscribe to the 'if it works keep doing it' mantra, but that seemed a little excessive, at least line up in a different formation.

Was the game even fun for you? Christ, I was so bored with your offense that I quit picking plays on defense. I suppose that was the 'game plan' though.

I found it really annoying that you only ran 6-10 plays the whole game. You had one run that you ran at least 90% of your plays and just flipped the play. I don't normally complain, because I subscribe to the 'if it works keep doing it' mantra, but that seemed a little excessive, at least line up in a different formation.

Was the game even fun for you? Christ, I was so bored with your offense that I quit picking plays on defense. I suppose that was the 'game plan' though.
I enjoyed it, you have the 9ers pat Willis was everywhere And the few times I passed u were there. Ben Tate is a zone runner and I was trying to get the most out of him without getting him hurt. But I understand u were bored that means I made u play my game, and if u stopped it the game would of been ob Bradford.

I enjoyed it, you have the 9ers pat Willis was everywhere And the few times I passed u were there. Ben Tate is a zone runner and I was trying to get the most out of him without getting him hurt. But I understand u were bored that means I made u play my game, and if u stopped it the game would of been ob Bradford.
All I'm going to say on this - I haven't allowed more than about 50 yards rushing all year, you ran for over 200. It was blatantly obvious that you found a 'money play' and decided to run it over and over again. If you'd like, I can post the video. I think in one series you ran the same play three times with goal to go inside the 5!

Maybe I should've been able to stop it, but even with 9 in the box you had wide open running lanes. I have a hard time believing that my run defense took about 30 steps backwards out of no where. I'm still confused as to why Patrick Willis was 'everywhere' but couldn't stop anything :p

Im not trying to jump in the argument which is why I didn't quote this , but I would like to see the video Staticz , just to see how the play looks and if I have encountered it in my Madden Travels. If you don't post here can i get a pm.

All I'm going to say on this - I haven't allowed more than about 50 yards rushing all year, you ran for over 200. It was blatantly obvious that you found a 'money play' and decided to run it over and over again. If you'd like, I can post the video. I think in one series you ran the same play three times with goal to go inside the 5!

Maybe I should've been able to stop it, but even with 9 in the box you had wide open running lanes. I have a hard time believing that my run defense took about 30 steps backwards out of no where. I'm still confused as to why Patrick Willis was 'everywhere' but couldn't stop anything :p
Post the video.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/QpS0HgAnnAU[/youtube]

That is every play you ran except for the two right before half. I may be overreacting, so please share some opinions on this. As I've said all along, some of it was my fault (over pursuing, bad play call, etc) but it was still the same play over and over.

why is there so much crying and bitching going on in this thread? every page is filled with someone whining about the way someone played, or someone tryna shit on someone for a "stupid question"...

why is there so much crying and bitching going on in this thread? every page is filled with someone whining about the way someone played, or someone tryna shit on someone for a "stupid question"...
Do you have to make this post everytime someone has an issue? You add absolutely nothing to ease or help the situation.

there being an issue is fine... it's the extra, unnecessary stuff that comes with it. people catching feelings and attitudes like it's the thing to do

there being an issue is fine... it's the extra, unnecessary stuff that comes with it. people catching feelings and attitudes like it's the thing to do
I understand that. It would be better if people just left it at, for example, "you should've punted." Things go more smoothly when no one feels the need to get defensive. That is why I posted for everyone to read fero's quote and drop it.

Of course I promptly brought up my own issue, though I feel that I've been pretty amicable about it.

I don't think I didn't anything wrong staticz. U stopped it a few times and caused fumbles. I think you are lil upset that I beat u with my running which was one of ur strengths.

bread's done
Back