Madden 25 Official CAG League - 3 Seasons Completed. Shutdown for 2013-2014.

I don't think I didn't anything wrong staticz. U stopped it a few times and caused fumbles. I think you are lil upset that I beat u with my running which was one of ur strengths.
I'm not upset about the loss, I don't expect to beat you every time. I question if running the same play over and over (which you aren't denying), when it obviously must do something right everytime is ok with everyone.

Nothing worse than when an opponent keeps running the same play and you can't stop it!

It happens in ranked games all the time.... Until you adjust, stop it, and they just quit :)

I'm not upset about the loss, I don't expect to beat you every time. I question if running the same play over and over (which you aren't denying), when it obviously must do something right everytime is ok with everyone.
I don't think that play does anything to scramble the A.I. I don't think it was cheesy at all. Just because he got positive yards most of the time is hardly a reason to say it was wrong to do. Probably wasn't fun to play against, but I think it was "fair".

Nothing worse than when an opponent keeps running the same play and you can't stop it!

It happens in ranked games all the time.... Until you adjust, stop it, and they just quit :)
I wouldn't use what happens in ranked games for any example here. :D Though I do agree in principle, trust me I tried to stop it!

I don't think that play does anything to scramble the A.I. I don't think it was cheesy at all. Just because he got positive yards most of the time is hardly a reason to say it was wrong to do. Probably wasn't fun to play against, but I think it was "fair".
Yeah, I think I just have a different idea of the league. I play Madden to have fun, not win a pointless title. I understand that others 'play to win the game' and it is what it is. Also note I never said he did anything wrong or questioned the fairness, just wondering whether everyone felt this was in the spirit of the league. Definitely no intentions of 'laying down the law' or anything like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't use what happens in ranked games for any example here. :D Though I do agree in principle, trust me I tried to stop it!

Yeah, I think I just have a different idea of the league. I play Madden to have fun, not win a pointless title. I understand that others 'play to win the game' and it is what it is. Also note I never said he did anything wrong or questioned the fairness, just wondering whether everyone felt this was in the spirit of the league. Definitely no intentions of 'laying down the law' or anything like that.

I enjoyed that game I had fun it was close. I don't play the game for ur satisfaction, and the thing about my zone reads is I get to choose my running lane wherever it opens.

I enjoyed that game I had fun it was close. I don't play the game for ur satisfaction, and the thing about my zone reads is I get to choose my running lane wherever it opens.
No one asked you to play to my satisfaction. Stop acting like what you did was some elaborate scheme you put together. You ran one play the whole game and there is video of it, you aren't some offensive genius. I just ran a google search on inside zone madden 25, and found several forum posts about it everywhere.

I was trying to have a decent conversation about whether this was in the spirit of the league and instead you accuse me of wanting to make you play a certain style. Do you not get it? It wasn't fun, the game was not close and you know that. Your strategy was - run one play, run the play clock all the way down, rinse, repeat. If everyone else is ok with that, then fine. All I ask is that you don't show up an hour late and then waste an hour of my time running the same play over and over.

I think alot of the issues in this league arise from the fact that some guys are here simply to play madden win or lose and have fun. Other guys (like me) play to compete and to win. And when the paths from those two pools of guys cross, you get a sometimes annoying game for at least one guy and questions about how to play.

I think alot of the issues in this league arise from the fact that some guys are here simply to play madden win or lose and have fun. Other guys (like me) play to compete and to win. And when the paths from those two pools of guys cross, you get a sometimes annoying game for at least one guy and questions about how to play.
I think you are right for the most part, but running the same play over 25 times isn't competing. No one is going to convince me otherwise.

I am no genius and I don’t surf the web for plays or a playing style. I ran a few plays that you could not stop or even adjust to, it happens. I wasn’t late on purpose just tired I was sleep and woke up just to play you.  You have a SUPER TEAM staticz and I wanted to play smart and give my Rams a chance to win and be competitive. The game was close with me winning by 7 (24-17). The key to beating the 49ers is not to turn the ball over which can be said about any team. Chill out man stop being salty about the lost. Are you feeling the pressure of having a contending team and not living up to expectations???

And thanks to mog's final comments there about being salty, and "expectations".

it's finally time for me to weigh in.

I got the opportunity to watch that video before anyone else did last night. And i'm going to be honest here mog, It's time to change things up, or it's time to find another league.  You ran the EXACT same play (switched directions left or right) on every single one of your running plays, 28, to be exact. I'm fine with you running the ball 28 times. But not when it's obvious you've found a "money play" that gets you a sizeable chunk of yards on every running play. You can moan and groan about how you're just using a play you like,or a play that "worked" but the fact that you NEVER CHOSE ANOTHER running play tells me everything I need to know about it. 

Please Diversify your play calling moving forward, or find another league. I'm tired of beating around the bush. 

Moving on.

Patriots @ Texans: 7pm EST
Giants @ Redskins  
Cardinals @ Eagles   
Broncos @ Chiefs     
Raiders @ Cowboys    

Yes sir!!!

But what if he stopped my stretch plays? This wouldn't of been a issue, that's my point. It has nothing to do with how many times I ran a play, it came down to him losing to that play.

I will be more diverse but that's not right to almost kick me out the league about something thats not even a rule.

Are you feeling the pressure of having a contending team and not living up to expectations???
Oh! You caught me. Living up to expectations of what? I've made the playoffs three times since I've been here (Madden 12 is when I joined, so over 10 seasons). I have zero expectations for Madden, especially with a record like that! Not to mention the only perennial playoff team I've had success with is you. In fact, I think you may be the only person I've ever beaten who has made the playoffs. That should make you feel good ;)

Salty? wtf...I've said over and over that I just wanted some other opinions about your play style, which amounted to you running the same play 28 effing times. If anything, you doing that makes me 'salty,' not losing, I'm pretty accustomed to that.

You forgot Packers vs. Lions. That will start no later than 6:30 P.M. EST, but probably a little earlier.
I didn't forget. you said in the thread you were playing the cpu soon, that was enough for me.

Also, if ANYONE's not living up to expectations, it's me. I made the playoffs the last two seasons last year, and now i'm 0-12. gg.

Nfl coaches dont repeat plays because its to easy to pickup on the nuances of individual plays. That doesn't translate well into madden because the computers play recognition is a joke on the all-pro settings.

Oh! You caught me. Living up to expectations of what? I've made the playoffs three times since I've been here (Madden 12 is when I joined, so over 10 seasons). I have zero expectations for Madden, especially with a record like that! Not to mention the only perennial playoff team I've had success with is you. In fact, I think you may be the only person I've ever beaten who has made the playoffs. That should make you feel good ;)

Salty? wtf...I've said over and over that I just wanted some other opinions about your play style, which amounted to you running the same play 28 effing times. If anything, you doing that makes me 'salty,' not losing, I'm pretty accustomed to that.
Well it looks like we have a rivalry. I'm looking forward to future games. Just watch out for all my RB especially MR. Tate

I didn't forget. you said in the thread you were playing the cpu soon, that was enough for me.

Also, if ANYONE's not living up to expectations, it's me. I made the playoffs the last two seasons last year, and now i'm 0-12. gg.
Okay, just making sure you knew. And I'm also a sim win and a versus CPU win away from being winless myself.

are you guys talking about the counter out of shotgun? That play is deadly.

Yea it's extremely deadly , chiefs got me with it a decent amount but it can be contained with your average running back running it

Lions are still Open.
I should apologize. My roommate was totally psyched for the idea of getting a team . But when I really told him the reality of what joining the league would entail, we both thought it's probably best if he chills until he can actually commit to wanting to play a game 3 days a week.

Buffalo escaped Tampa with a win over the Bucs. Definitely, the most exciting game that I have played all year. A lot of ups and downs for both teams. Great red zone defense by Rames kept it close towards the end. I had about 5 plays inside my 5 but had to settle for a field goal giving me a 16-13 lead. Leodis McKelvin made up for it and essentially sealed the game at the 2 minute warning with a pick 6. Demps tried to make things interesting by bringing back the kick, but Buffalo was able to run the rest of the clock out. Great game Rames.

Highlights will most likely be up tomorrow evening. I was almost so excited for the highlights, that I was going to stay up late to do them but they'll have to wait.

Play of the Game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFvHsYlv4Y4&feature=youtu.be

I'll be online a lot this weekend to get some games in if anyone is up for the practice. Having a mic would be ideal for bullshitting and actually pointing out problems. It's been extremely frustrating calling audibles on D and disguising plays. I've tried the obvious so please spare me the bullshit "madden is chess not checkers" routine. Obviously my defensive woes are much more detailed then that, but I don't feel like starting a diatribe that invites useless input and "play better noob" rhetoric. 

Just an FYI: My injured ROLB JT Thomas just came back this week, so I dropped my injury replacement (Ricky Elmore ROLB) and picked back up my WR Mike Brown.

CPU lions are going down

Talk about a kick in the nuts... They're not placed on CPU

Edit: welcome to the league n8

Talk about a kick in the nuts... They're not placed on CPU
I wasn't asked before leaving for work to place them on auto. Truth be told i was looking to fill them before saturday's deadline.

I just kind of assumed that an ownerless team would be on auto. I'm leaving for Mohegan Sun tomorrow afternoon so I need to play this tonight.

I should have brought it up pre-advance.

Can I get them put on CPU when you get home Fero?

bread's done
Back