Madden 25 Official CAG League - 3 Seasons Completed. Shutdown for 2013-2014.

AFC

1. y-Buffalo Bills (15-0)

2. y-Indianapolis Colts (14-1)

3. y-Denver Broncos (12-3)

4. y-Cleveland Browns (10-5)

5. x-New England Patriots (10-5)

6. x-Tennessee Titans (10-5)

NFC

1. z-Minnesota Vikings (14-2)

2. y-Philadelphia Eagles (12-3)

3. x-St. Louis Rams (10-5)

4. x-Carolina Panthers (10-5)

5. x-Tampa Bay Buccaneers (10-5)

6. San Francisco 49ers (9-6)

7. Chicago Bears (8-7)

8. Atlanta Falcons (8-7)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just lost by one and probably missed the playoffs because of back to back QB Sneaks. god damn I hate Madden.
First one was my call to make since I knew you would not stack the line. The second time there was only 8 seconds left on the clock with the game clock running and I asked madden for a play and picked the first one that came up. Happened to be a sneak. I had no time to change the play. It was a great game as it had lots of lead changes and excitement. Good game.

First one was my call to make since I knew you would not stack the line. The second time there was only 8 seconds left on the clock with the game clock running and I asked madden for a play and picked the first one that came up. Happened to be a sneak. I had no time to change the play. It was a great game as it had lots of lead changes and excitement. Good game.
Was a good game, but jesus christ. A QB Sneak with 12 seconds left that gets stopped and you still manage to run another play, where your QB get stuck to your center and can't be tackled :D

Losing a game like that, in that manner, with the playoffs on the line blows.

Was a good game, but jesus christ. A QB Sneak with 12 seconds left that gets stopped and you still manage to run another play, where your QB get stuck to your center and can't be tackled :D

Losing a game like that, in that manner, with the playoffs on the line blows.
Yeah I hear ya. Trust me, if I had time to pick my play the second time, it would of been HB dive but madden gave me the sneak and the HB toss. There was just no way I was going to call a Toss on the last play of the game with a slow as shit running back like Mendenhall. Sorry it had to go down that way to end it as it truly was one of the most exciting games I have had this year. Plus for once something actually went right for me. I was on a 5 game losing streak before this game and I ended up starting my back up QB the last two games to see what I had with him. Things worked out which I was not expecting.

You are right though. With 8 seconds left in the game, there was no way I should of been able to get another play off but you know madden, things just never make any sense. Hopefully you still make the playoffs man.

Cheers

Cardiac Cats drop their regular season finale in Atlanta... in OT. Most likely gave up the division, and home field in the playoffs...

Silky Johnson Retiring from the CAGFL

It's that time already haters. I let fero know a couple weeks back that I'm already burnt out and we aren't even through the first season. I'll be done as soon as I'm bounced from the playoffs. The Vikings are a quarterback away from being a real powerhouse. May the next owner find success without gutting the team. 

I'll eventually be picking up both of the new consoles, though not any time soon. Here's to hoping EA improves dramatically and this league transitions smoothly into the next gen. Thank you commissioners for another great season, I've just had my fill of Madden for the time being. 

See you fools on the streets of Los Santos. I roll in a tank. 

8340053_orig.gif

and a sigh of relief can be heard from every NFC team or any team that struggles against the run. lol. Hoping to see you one more time.

On one hand, I'm disappointed that we're losing a player who's skilled at the game and is a nice person. On the other hand, I won't miss the twice-per-season ass kickings. :p

The Bills finish the season the same way it started, with a rainy shootout win over New England. With the battle between the top two defenses in the league, it was surprising to see the final of 38-17. The main reason for the Buffalo victory was EJ Manuel, who capped off his historic season by throwing for 5 touchdowns. Manuel proved to be one of the most, if not the most, efficient QB in NFL history finishing the season with a 151.6 QB Rating. Hopefully the young QB continues this pace into the playoffs. GG OG.

Highlights in a bit.

i did pretty well against him during the season... Janoris Jenkins made a spectacular INT to turn that game. the way my offense is playing, i should win as long as i don't turn the ball over

So of my measly 2 injuries all season...they happened to be to the same player (ROLB JT Thomas) and happened during my only 2 games I was on autopilot.  So once again...I dropped WR Mike Brown and picked up ROLB Ricky Elmore as an injury replacement.  I'm out of the playoffs so I only have one game left, I'll drop that fool after I'm done tomorrow against the Colts.

Playoffs start tomorrow!!

AFC:

Buffalo Bills(1st)- Bye

Indianapolis Colts(2nd)- Bye

Titans/Patriots(6th) @ Denver Broncos(3rd)

Titans/Patriots(5th) @ Cleveland Browns(4th)

If the Titans win week 17, they definitely play Cleveland. If they lose, it'll come down to tiebreakers. Whoever gets the 6th seed gets Denver.

NFC:

Minnesota Vikings(1st)- Bye

Philadelphia Eagles(2nd)- Bye

Falcons/Bears/49ers(6th) @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers(3rd)

Panthers(5th) @ St. Louis Rams(4th)

If the Bears win, it'll put the Falcons, Bears and 49ers in a 3 way tie at 9-7. It looks like the 49ers would win the conference record tiebreak, but Madden hasn't marked them as locking in a playoff spot, so who knows how it will handle the tiebreak. If the Bears lose, then the 49ers should have the tie-break over the Falcons due to head to head.

EDIT: The only statistic that either the Falcons or Bears have over the 49ers would be points scored. Which I've read is what madden uses as a 4th tiebreak if H2H, Division, and Conference record do not decide the tiebreak. I'm wondering if in a 3 way tie, if madden jumps over Conference record and just goes by points scored.

In reference to week 17, the last two games that affect seeding are

Chicago vs Green Bay

Tennesse vs Houston

Both division rivalry games, could be interesting.

Jets over Dolphins 34-31 in a very enjoyable game. With 1 minute left in the game the Jets scored the go ahead touchdown to make the score 31-24 leaving the dolphins with no timeouts. Low and behold, HB Marcus Thigpen returns the kickoff 98 yards straight up the middle for a touchdown. With 30 seconds left in a 31-31 game the Jets kick returner got the ball all the way to the dolphins 45 yard line, and a big qb option play by geno Smith got them to the 28 to kick the game winning field goal as time expired.

Gg uber

Anyone know a better way than pms to contact gizzleman?

I'll message him on the GroupMe chat. You should try xbl message too

step 1: learn to stop inside zone
step 2: Nope that is it

;)

That's what I ran against u staticz, cause u couldn't stop it lol everyone else gets the whole playback

Message to everyone, here comes that superbowl run!!!

That's what I ran against u staticz, cause u couldn't stop it lol everyone else gets the whole playback

Message to everyone, here comes that superbowl run!!!
All in good fun. Honestly, I'm still not sure why I couldn't stop it. I haven't looked at all the box scores but I'm 95% you are the only person to run for over 100 yards on me.

All in good fun. Honestly, I'm still not sure why I couldn't stop it. I haven't looked at all the box scores but I'm 95% you are the only person to run for over 100 yards on me.
That's good, it looks like we are going to have a great rivalry.

Colts win a big game vs Jags. Colts 52  Jags 42 

Colts Top Players:

Hasselbeck  QBR 128.6  23-28 for 549 yards 6 TD 2 INT 

Ballard 14 att 56 yards 1 TD 

Hilton 331 yards 5 TD 

the D played well together with 5 INT 2 sacks 

Jags Top Players:

Gabbert  QBR 100.4  22-33 for 448 yards 3 TD 5 INT 

MJD 13 att for 62 yards 2 TD 

Blackmon and Shorts put up 333 yards and 3 TD together! 

Harris and Cyprien each had an INT 

Always fun MA gg. Look forward to are games next season!

Anyone else hopping on the X1 or PS4 at launch? I know Fero, Cru, and Timbo have preordered Xbox One - is that it?
i was hyped for it till watch dogs was delayed and the lack of legit gameplay of madden is making me scared for that game and the un impressive gameplay of fifa did not help :(. As of right now it will be a decision i make in the last day or two before launch.

Anyone else hopping on the X1 or PS4 at launch? I know Fero, Cru, and Timbo have preordered Xbox One - is that it?
I have yet to decide which/when i'll be getting one. None of the games from the release lineup scream "I need this right away". But I was leaning towards the PS4, I just need to read up on if the online is going to be much improved over what the PS3 provided.

I have yet to decide which/when i'll be getting one. None of the games from the release lineup scream "I need this right away". But I was leaning towards the PS4, I just need to read up on if the online is going to be much improved over what the PS3 provided.
Maybe you'll find something on that, but I haven't heard a whole lot. They are charging $60 for PS+ now, so just be aware it isn't free anymore. MS is implementing free dedicated servers, so I have no faith that Sony is going to have half of the online experience X1 will provide.

Honestly though, I almost switched my preorder to a PS4 but after looking at launch lineups, there isn't shit I want to play on it. On X1 there are several games that I want to at least try. As for price, $100 over 7-8 year lifecycle doesn't make a bit of difference to me either.

Seattle ends the year on high note winning vs rams 44-38. Lynch went wild for 183 yards. Went into bye week 2-9 and finish year 6-10 not bad.

Thanks for the great season every one happy I could join this league had tons of fun. Good luck to all the teams in playoffs.

Browns finish up at 11-5 with a win over pittsburgh. Yea these browns are much better than I tthought they'd be. Lookin forward to the playoffs hopefully I don't have to play sprice.

Gg yosoy el tiger

3 Games Being Simmed. We Have Advanced.

Redskins 31 Giants 20
Texans 20 Titans 10
Packers 17 Bears 20

Wild Card Round:

Titans @ Broncos
49ers @ Buccaneers
Patriots @ Browns
Panthers @ Rams

Wildcard Game Predictions:

Titans vs Broncos: I'm going upset and picking the Titans. Locker will be too much for Denver to handle in a high scoring shootout.

49ers vs Buccaneers: I'm going Bucs. Rames was one of the people that did the best against me and frankly I got somewhat lucky to beat him. Wouldn't surprise me to see the talented 49ers win either though. I think this will be another close one.

Patriots vs Browns: Going with the home team again. Just think the Browns offensive talent has developed nicely for Bseti.

Panthers vs Rams: Going with the upset in this one. Cam better play out of his mind to win this one though.

Yearly Awards for those of you who care

MVP- Adrian Peterson, RB, Minnesota

Coach- Chet Hem, Buffalo

AFC OPOY- Jake Locker, QB, Tennessee

NFC OPOY- Adrian Peterson, RB, Minnesota

AFC DPOY- Pat Angerer, MLB, Indianapolis

NFC DPOY- Erin Henderson, MLB, Minnesota

AFC OROY- EJ Manuel, QB, Buffalo

NFC OROY- Eddie Lacy, RB, Green Bay

AFC DROY- Matt Elam, S, Baltimore

NFC DROY- Alec Ogletree, OLB, St. Louis