Madden 25 Official CAG League - 3 Seasons Completed. Shutdown for 2013-2014.

I would actually keep Mallett but I'm waiting to hear what constitutes a scrub so I can pick him up instead. I'm not going against the grain just because. I dont care about xp for Cam...he's a 99. if he doesn't throw a pass or run got 3 qtrs, where is his xp coming from? I was under the impression that if we had enough to play, then thats what we played with. excuse me for trying to follow rules.

I would actually keep Mallett but I'm waiting to hear what constitutes a scrub so I can pick him up instead. I'm not going against the grain just because. I dont care about xp for Cam...he's a 99. if he doesn't throw a pass or run got 3 qtrs, where is his xp coming from? I was under the impression that if we had enough to play, then thats what we played with. excuse me for trying to follow rules.
Not someone who threw for 4200 yards and 32 TDs.

My vote is that we turn injuries back on. This has been a regular occurrence for several members of this league over the past few seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
players like cam being 99 overall is why i want user xp system gone next year and back to the game doing it on auto depending on how player performs.

another note packers retro logo should have been a bmx bike not a bike from 80's :p

So interesting thing I just saw, I can't add XP to either finesse or power moves for my rookie LB. It just didn't exist as the options. And he's definitely not maxed out at 60 and 57.

I also saw my rookie CB's Toughness is a 0. For a second I thought it was one of those attributes you toggle on or off but no it was just going from 0 to 1.

Rookie Eagles QB Braxton Miller made a big splash his first game with over 160 rushing yards and 3 rushing TDs. Along with three whole pass completions!

P.s. Several of my rookies have a 0 toughness as well.

Double P.s. Some of these CPU rosters are beyond terrible. Cowboys have 1qb and 3 WR

Awesome!

Here we go...

Team | Cag Username | XBL Gamertag | Timezone | Availability

Redskins | Jello00 | Jello01 | Pacific | Varies week to week (work schedule changes) but available most evenings

(PS: I noticed that the Redskins game for this week has already been played and I would start with a loss. Thats fine with me, since I'd rather play as them than any other team)

Bucs - please explain your stat line for Freeman in a CPU game

Vikings - please explain your stat line for Peterson in a CPU game

We absolutely cannot have XP mining going on.

I could give 2 shits about xp. I've decided to chase records since we started getting sparse participation. Martins year was the result of that. This year I've decided to try to break as many passing records as possible. The record was 7 so it's not like 8 is way out there. I'll gladly not put a single point of xp into freeman this year if that will make you guys feel better because he's gonna get a lot. Didn't throw a single TD in the 4th and I would've been bored outta my mind otherwise.

Well Ramesu, with that attitude, and the approval of Deuce,who is reading this thread and "liked" your post. I've honestly got to consider shutting the league down. That's not the attitude we want in this league whether or not participation has dropped. If you're bored out of your mind, quit. It would make it easier for the rest of us who actually care about it. You wouldn't have scored 8 touchdowns on a person, so there's no excuse to start doing it against the cpu. It's ridiculous.

There's no point in playing in a league for the rest of us where you're trying to break the game every single time you play the cpu. That's nonsense, and if that's the attitude you're going to have, I'm honestly done. 

This league's gone on for too long, and it's obviously starting to wear out it's welcome. We're 24 hours away from advance, and only 6 of our 20 user games have been played.....

We've played lots of seasons after participation has dropped, and we've never allowed this type of bullshit before. It's not going to Start now.

I'll talk it over with staticz, but there's a good chance this might have been the last week this league will be "Active". If it's true, I apologize to Jello01 who just joined as the redskins. 

Really? That's the worse excuse I've ever heard. If you're tired of running this league i will gladly take over as commish and continue it for those who still wanna play like myself. Playing the CPU on all pro is a miserable experience and in your failure to try to make the CPU competitive you've done the league far more of a disservice than any statistic I could put up.

If I were playing a human I still would've tried to throw 8 td's if I had the chance. I have no idea what the "spirit of this league" is but I was under the impression that it was to have fun playing madden and to respect your opponent. I haven't violated any of those tenets if they still stand. But because I broke a record by 1 (ONE)! TD it may be time to shut the league down?

To me it just sounds like you want a way out of running the league and again I'll be happy to take the reins as commish if you're through with it. I am going to ask publicly that you DO NOT delete the league if you decide you don't wanna participate anymore because some of us still do, 8 td's or not.

I liked the post because of Ramesu's feelings about XP. I COULD accumulate 8 tds a game with Cam but I would prefer to keep everyone as healthy as possible. instead of shutting down the league because of your personal feelings on everyone else and their motivation for playing, how about you step aside as commissioner and leave the duties to someone who will carry on maintaining the league?

It's a really shitty, unappreciative thing to do to try to push commissioners aside who have put incredible amounts of time into a league, manage members and their requests/complaints, and try to live up to expectations from people who expect them to handle it as though it's a paid job.

The intent for the league is clearly outlined in the OP...and is how the commissioners would like the league to function. If people no longer want to play by those guidelines, they should create their own league. If there is a sect in here that wants a no holds barred, run up the score, cheese up the game, break the programming style of play, set up a league and state in the OP that those are your intentions for the league.

Trying to just cast aside the people who have put work (and money) into the enjoyment of this league is ridiculous.

Everyone knew what they signed up for with this season. The league is fairly depleted and the interest isn't as high as past years, that does not mean it is ok to run up the stats so you can have fun. The CPU games are never going to be competitive, if you feel like they are a waste of time then don't play them.

Neither this league nor the Gentlemen's league has ever allowed this type of play against the CPU. 

So, if I throw 8 td's against a human it's ok?

First this was about xp mining which I clearly stated I don't care about.

Now, throwing for 1 more td than the real life record against the CPU is somehow not in the interest of the league? I don't get it.

N8...thanks, man. But seriously, this matter doesn't concern you whatsoever. I haven't tried to cast aside anyone. He's the one who threatened to end the league.

So, if I throw 8 td's against a human it's ok? First this was about xp mining which I clearly stated I don't care about. Now, throwing for 1 more td than the real life record against the CPU is somehow not in the interest of the league? I don't get it. N8...thanks, man. But seriously, this matter doesn't concern you whatsoever. I haven't tried to cast aside anyone. He's the one who threatened to end the league.
You guys really have no idea how much siradam, staticz, and myself converse behind closed doors concerning both leagues. We trade ideas, get opinions, do each other favors, etc. So, you'll have to forgive me that when I feel he's unfairly being told to step aside that I come to his defense (especially since it's an area I can directly relate to).

It seemed pretty obvious to me that his comments about shutting down the league were out of frustration. When you put hours upon hours (and again..money...remember, Adam paid for the daddyleagues website) into running and maintaining a league, and at times, it feels like people are intentionally taking measures to counteract its viability, it might raise your blood pressure a bit.

What you're not taking into consideration is the number of people who joined the league to take part in a realistic NFL franchise. Your justification for going nuts on the scoreboard is because league participation has dropped and you're bored. But what if seeing Josh Freeman throw for 55 TDs before Week 7 makes people want to drop because of how stupid and ridiculous it is? Now, you could say "Well, that's their problem." Yeah...but the commissioners created the league (and people joined it) under the premise of playing a realistic style. Personally, I think that deserves to be respected.

By that logic the league would've died quite a long time ago. When AP ran for close to 50 Td's and 3300 yards in season one or when jake locker threw 60 td's.

If realism is your sticking point, I will again point out that Peyton Manning and Nick Foles threw for 7 td's in single games this season in real life.

If the CPU has a -5 to differential before the fourth quarter what am I to do? Score 8 rushing td's? Again this wasn't me going hog-wild on the CPU. Each of the td's were scored before the 4th and I only had 394 yards on 36 attempts. Am I to blame for the fact that we play on all-pro and passes are almost automatically completed? I could've thrown 10-12 easily but I decided NOT to go crazy on the CPU.

Glad to know how you and deuce feel about the way we've run this league.I'm not tired of running this league. I still really enjoy getting my ass handed to me every week. I am however tired of babysitting our members week in and week out. Grown men should not have to be reminded for the 15th time not to "go all out" just because they're playing the cpu. This is nothing about "personal feelings", It's about how our "esteemed" and "respected" members of this league have taken it upon themselves to do whatever they feel is necessary to "Have fun". And this doesn't just begin with Ramesu. Three other members are gone this season because of their need to "win at any cost". The fact of the matter is there's still a handful of people in this league who honestly don't belong here because they are ENTIRELY too talented at madden, Maybe they get their jollies off by playing against us scrubs/cpu games?I honestly don't know.

Should and if We shut this league down, it will not be transferred to anyone else. Once it's Done, it's done. We are not tarnishing this. Should you and your "group" like to run a no-holds barred league, feel free to create one, nobodies keeping you here. If you'd like bvharris to come back and run this league next year, you know how to reach him. 

On to a couple of bullet points.

#1. "Playing the CPU on all pro is a miserable experience and in your failure to try to make the CPU competitive you've done the league far more of a disservice than any statistic I could put up. "

We've always ran the league for the past 5 years at All-Pro. This isn't going to change. If you want a change, Create your own league. Even if we put it on all-madden, you and I both know you'd find a way to throw 8 touchdowns just to prove a point. 

#2.  If I were playing a human I still would've tried to throw 8 td's if I had the chance. I have no idea what the "spirit of this league" is but I was under the impression that it was to have fun playing madden and to respect your opponent. I haven't violated any of those tenets if they still stand. 

The score was 59-7. The fact that you just said you would have TRIED to throw 8 td's if you were playing a human breaks our biggest rule....I don't understand how you can confuse this. The final score was 59-7. "1a. No running up the score" and even #1. Don't be a dick. 

#3. I played the CPU Today.The final score was 38-21. I ran the ball 42 times for 288 yards and 1 td with Lamar Miller. This was 1/2 way through the 3rd quarter. At that point I said "Boy, that's a whole lot of yards...It'd be kind of a jerk thing to do if i kept running and scoring..." and proceeded to Sit Lamar Miller and subbed in Gillislee who ran it 16 more times for 79 yards and 1 td. This thought process obviously never went through your mind, nor did it go through man2008's head when he put up 439 yards (~13 ypc) on the cpu. Some madden players have forgotten how to have couth, apparently. 

If we continue this league, we will issue strikes for running up the score and having obnoxious stat lines with players against the cpu, or a human opponent. Staticz agrees with this, and whether or not you like it, We value n8's opinion in this, because he's DEALT with a 1/2 filled league for the majority of his Madden Career. He Doesn't put up with people abusing the cpu, and don't think we're going to begin now. 

Ramesu, if you've Forgotten, the Spirit of this league was for as close to a "Realistic Madden Experience" as we could create. Going out every week in an effort to break records, whether you're playing the cpu or not.... is not in that spirit. 

I have been and will always be a very strong proponent of sim play. I'm not a guy you need to preach to about being fair.

Since I believe I'm one of the guys you consider to be "too talented at madden" I'm gonna go ahead and step out. I've enjoyed all the madden I've played here. But it seems like being the commissioner is more about your ego than about running an enjoyable, fair and competitive league.

Thanks for having me.

Ramesu,

I'm honestly sorry to see you go. If you happen to start a league next season, I'm going to ask you publicly if you'll stream the games. Because I'd really like to watch the "better players" play week in and week out. Yes, I obviously think you're too talented to be here. I'm fine with competition. But there's a HUGE talent gap between the top 6/7 in this league and the other 24. Yes Yes, i understand "somebody" has to win... But i can't imagine that more than 25% of your games are fun for you. I'd honestly rather you have fun in another league where you can compete with the chetty's/hemingways/etc of the world, then have to be limited here because the rest of us suck.

I would like an explanation for why Doom's rushing onslaught and Sprice's unbelievable passing stats were never addressed in terms of REALISTIC football.

Ugh... I wouldn't even know where to begin. I really hope the league doesn't shut down. I'm one of the worst players and I still have fun. I've thanked Adam several times for doing the work, and I'd have done the same with Staticz had I talked to him recently.

I'm going to continue to play as though we're going to finish out the season.

I would like an explanation for why Doom's rushing onslaught and Sprice's unbelievable passing stats were never addressed in terms of REALISTIC football.
When Doom broke the rushing record against the CPU it was addressed in the thread. I don't recall Sprice having complaints against him or doing anything outlandish against the CPU.

When Doom broke the rushing record against the CPU it was addressed in the thread. I don't recall Sprice having complaints against him or doing anything outlandish against the CPU.
Locker:

2013: 5677 Yards, 61 TD, 23 INT
2014: 5638 Yards, 55 TD, 30 INT

This is only 200 Yards Over Drew Brees real life stat in 2011. 5,476.

Let's say Josh Johnson Throws for 396 Yards and 8Td's for 16 straight games.

2015 Stats: 6336 Yards, 128 TD.

Can we see the discrepancy here? I hope we can.

On to the Rushing Game.

In the last two seasons we've had 6 HB's run almost as much as Doom did in his only season here. If you're going to have a run offense, you're easily going to approach 3,000 yards in madden, sadly. That's only 187 Yards Per game. And his "48 Touchdowns" were only 3 Td's per game as a RB.. Not that hard to do in madden, honestly. There's nothing we can do about this.

bread's done
Back