Madden NFL 2009 Collector's Edition [PS3] - $44.98 ($62.98) on Clearance at Target

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Credit Goes to TargetDawg from SD!

Should be nationwide on Monday August 25th

Surprised no one else has posted this, but the collectors edition of Madden 09 for Playstation 3 is on cleareance 50% off for $44.98. It will be in the PS3 lockup case next to the regular edition. If you don't see a sticker on it ask someone to scan it. I doubt this was just at my Target so go check it out tomorrow, Target's open at 8 am nationwide!

Good Luck! ;)

Just had a thought come to me, my cleareance team might have done their workload early, Monday is the normal electronics day, so if you don't see it on cleareance tomorrow check back on Monday, but let us know what you are seeing.

ASIN: B0017I8L9Q

DPCI: 207-24-0130

Check store inventory here:

http://www.target.com/gp/store-info/find-target-store.html?ie=UTF8&asin=B0017I8L9Q

Locations:
San Antonio, TX - No
Central, NJ - No
Phoenix, AZ - Yes
Ithaca, NY - Yes
Largo, FL - Yes
Orlando, FL - No
North Hollywood, CA - Yes
San Diego, CA - No
Charleston, SC - Yes
Franklin, WI - No
Sarasota, FL - Yes
Manassas West, VA - No
Gainesville, VA - No
Fairfield, NJ - No
Greenville - NC - No
Whittier, CA - No
Pacoima - CA - Yes
Schaumberg, Chicago - Yes
Falls Church, VA - No
Buffalo, NY - No
North Bergen, NJ - No
Edgewater, NY - No
South Plainfield, NJ - Yes
Champaign, IL - Yes
Commack, NY - No
Central Islip - No
Las Vegas, NV - No
Fenton, MO - No
Louisville, KY - Yes
Mechanisburg, PA - Yes
Pembroke Pines, FL - Yes
Hollywood, FL - No
Davie, FL - Yes
Chula Vista, CA - Yes
Plaza Bonita, CA - No
Appleton, WI - Yes
Chantilly, VA - Yes
Ridgedale, MN - Yes
Burbank, CA - No
Van Nuy North, CA - No
Van Nuy, CA - No
Northridge, CA - No
Glendale, CA - No
Waukesha, WI - Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhh this was posted on the target clearance thread just take a look at the couple of last pages. But thanks for posting the codes.

Either my local targets are swarmed by hoarders, or they NEVER clearance their stuff the way I see it on CAG. I'll still check for this on monday - my dad is a huge giants fan and would love to play this years madden.

if this is true, im certainly in on this one. Thanks OP, I rarely check the store topic threads. Hope the repost police don't finish you off though.

Sweet, I was planning on picking the regular version up for cheap in a couple weeks from ebay but looks like now I wont have to wait.

Yeah this has been in the Target Clearance thread for a couple of days now.

Also, Target clearance deals are generally not nationwide. Some stores already have the game at the $44 price and some have it at around $60ish. Some still have it a regular price. Monday is simply the general clearance markdown day at Target for the electronics department. The actual price could be different at different stores even in the same region.

yeah....i don't see why this would be nationwide or even at $45

Target is pretty YMMV on clearance and its usually 25% off to start.

Regular price in Orlando, FL .. just saw it. Was atleast 8 copies left. But we're generally slow on clearance, for obvious reason.

No go in the Franklin, WI Target.

The guy in the West Allis one wouldn't even scan it :( I'll have to go check on Monday.

[quote name='makstaks']Oh god this is on Slickdeals. Buying my copy today, get it adjusted later (probably in a couple weeks) :mrgreen:[/quote]

The deal actually started on SD...for once.

No joy in SuperTargets in Manassas West and Gainesville, VA. It rang up at $89.99 in both places. I'll try again Moday.

[quote name='mrn111']No joy in SuperTargets in Manassas West and Gainesville, VA. It rang up at $89.99 in both places. I'll try again Moday.[/quote]

I'm about to go check in Falls Church, VA, wish me luck!

[quote name='kidu']The deal actually started on SD...for once.[/quote]
I think it started in the Target clearance thread a few days ago, not on slickdeals.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Credit Goes to TargetDawg from SD!

Should be nationwide on Monday August 25th

Surprised no one else has posted this, but the collectors edition of Madden 09 for Playstation 3 is on cleareance 50% off for $44.98. It will be in the PS3 lockup case next to the regular edition. If you don't see a sticker on it ask someone to scan it. I doubt this was just at my Target so go check it out tomorrow, Target's open at 8 am nationwide!

Good Luck! ;)

Just had a thought come to me, my cleareance team might have done their workload early, Monday is the normal electronics day, so if you don't see it on cleareance tomorrow check back on Monday, but let us know what you are seeing.

ASIN: B0017I8L9Q

DPCI: 207-24-0130

Check store inventory here:

http://www.target.com/gp/store-info/find-target-store.html?ie=UTF8&asin=B0017I8L9Q

Locations:
San Antonio, TX - No
Central, NJ - No
Phoenix, AZ - Yes
Ithaca, NY - Yes
Largo, FL - Yes
Orlando, FL - No
North Hollywood, CA - No
San Diego, CA - No
Charleston, SC - No
Franklin, WI - No
Sarasota, FL - Yes
Manassas West, VA - No
Gainesville, VA - No[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but why are you saying this will be nationwide on Monday? Some stores already have it on sale, but mostly at 30% off. Do you have confirmation of the nationwide price?

[quote name='makstaks']Oh god this is on Slickdeals. Buying my copy today, get it adjusted later (probably in a couple weeks) :mrgreen:[/quote]

Target has a policy of not allowing price adjustments on clearance item purchases but YMMV if you hit an un-informed CSR.

Target clearance is the same items for every store, but it's YMMV on how much your local stock manager will mark it down. Some stores that see a lot of traffic might only get it knocked down a little, while some other stores that hold clearance stock a while might see bigger drops so they can move the items out.

It's also YMMV on the day of the week your local target workers tag the items as clearance or with lower clearance prices. Some people will see it now, some will see it early this coming week, so might not see it until next week; the price and timing are up to those in charge at your local store.

ha wow my brother got the special edition with the extra game and disc for around this price off something big. but that deal over now

Thanks OP. My Targets never put games on clearance. Just there today and they still have Turok and Unreal Tournament for PS3 for $60.

[quote name='Bezerker']Why bother checking the price now to see if an item is going to go on clearance on Monday?[/quote]
Some places already have it on clearance now.

It's likely to drop to the $6x.xx pricepoint at most stores Monday. Don't expect the $44.xx to be nationwide for weeks.

[quote name='bsesb2003']Has anyone found one at this price or do we have a bigfoot in an icebox?[/QUOTE]

Its definitely real....

I saw it at this price last night.....

got 3 copies earlier today
got an extra 20% off also since I work there 10% and got the extra 10% from my red card day. Called another target but I was told it was regular price.
Ohio by the way

bread's done
Back