Madden to run at 60fps on the PS3 afterall?

sportdan30

CAGiversary!
http://maddenwars.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1&limit=3&limitstart=3

Quote:
So I talked to Kendall Boyd who is the producer of NCAA 08 on nex gen and I asked him the tough questions.

1. Is there a delay with the PS3 version of NCAA 08?

2. Does the PS3 version run at 30 fps unlike its rivalXBOX 360 that runs at 60 fps.

A1. Ther is no delay, he expects PS3 copies to be delivered in full. He did say earlier that the PS3 may not get to smaller retail stores, but then backed away from that statement and issuing that the PS3 will be sold on time.

A2. The PS3 version of NCAA 08 will be at 30 fps. Although this is a big blow, the Madden Version of PS3 will run at 60 fps.

I hope that is true... Madden is EA's flag ship game... I would expect that to be at its best for each system.

From what I heard at one site, SCEA has talked to EA and came across an agreement to make PS3 the lead platform, for Madden 09, to assure it runs better on PS3 and the porting to 360 will be easier.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']From what I heard at one site, SCEA has talked to EA and came across an agreement to make PS3 the lead platform, for Madden 09, to assure it runs better on PS3 and the porting to 360 will be easier.[/QUOTE]
Link?

See a friend said this as well, ill believe it when i see it. I dont see how they would not mention this at E3 if it was ture...

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I liked it better at 30FPS saw a video of it running at 60fps and it looked like it was in fastforward a bit...[/QUOTE]

that's because it's probably faster and has.....30 more frames per second.

Technically, you couldn't tell the difference between it running at 30fps and 60fps from an internet video because all those videos are recorded/encoded at around 23.9fps-30fps

Now, if they just made NCAA 08 at 60fps, I might buy it for PS3, since my 360 is in the shop...but, I'll wait.

It might be easier to get rosters for NCAA 08 also...although, finding them would be tough.

[quote name='Vanigan']Technically, you couldn't tell the difference between it running at 30fps and 60fps from an internet video because all those videos are recorded/encoded at around 23.9fps-30fps[/quote]

I saw it on G4.

I dont believe it matters.

I mean, its a video of the game running at 60FPS not the console rendering it running at 60fps. So... wow im confused now.

So, any opinions yet? Any PS3 rosters? I still am leaning towards the 360, but it is broke.

Also, i believe ALL-PRO FOOTBALL 2K8 is 30 fps also.

[quote name='Vanigan']Technically, you couldn't tell the difference between it running at 30fps and 60fps from an internet video because all those videos are recorded/encoded at around 23.9fps-30fps[/QUOTE]

I dunno about that...when they showed the trailer for Gears on the PC, I could tell almost instantly that it was running at 60fps.

anyway, Madden won't run at 60fps. Peter Moore is the new president of EA sports...he's totally going to usurp our fps :whistle2:(

Seems pretty definite. Not that I'm particularly interested in Madden, but at least we can finally lay this issue to rest.

I liked Phil Harrison's comment on this. Something like "Well we got our games running at 60FPS". Weak EA with all their drones can't get it up to 60, and the fact that they are putting this info out there is a bit shady isn't it?

[quote name='Thomas96']I hope that is true... Madden is EA's flag ship game... I would expect that to be at its best for each system.[/quote]

Actually FIFA outsells it by quite a bit.

~S

Here's Harrison's comment:

Elsewhere, he stressed that the reason Madden 08 would only be playable at 30fps was not due to hardware limitations related to PlayStation 3, ostensibly pointing the blame to developer Electronic Arts: “It would concern me if the platform was incapable of doing it, but we've proven the platform is capable of doing it, so it's not a PlayStation 3 issue. I'm trying to be polite," he noted.

EA, the Wal-Mart of the Video games industry... :) Meh, I got 2K8, and it plays just fine... NFL License? Someone must think it matters, but I certainly don't. My unstoppable team of John Elway and Earl Campbell is more fun than a "current" roster.. (I'm not a football nut, mind you... I guess that's why the team names don't bother me all that much.)

The stadiums in 2K8 are pretty neat. I particularly enjoy the Werewolves stadium. :)

But, if Madden 09 can't achieve 60fps... it's definitely going to be an "egg on the face" moment for EA... since other developers seem to do fine... But that's a while off yet... :)

It would be pretty funny if it did.

MS was all pimping out this statement:

"The ONLY place you can play the big three this year: GTA, Halo 3, and Madden at 60fps"

Now that GTA is gone, madden running at 60fps on PS3 would leave them with just Halo 3.

The 360 also has Mass Effect, but I think everyone would be shocked if it actually got released in November. Everyone's talking like it will get pushed to next year.
With GTA gone, and people will get Madden on all 3 consoles (I'm betting the Wii version gets a fair share since the casual player seems to go their way) the 360's lineup has a gap that doesn't look like it'll be filled. Sony needs to put something out in Mid October to push the console. My bet is UT3, and since it supports KB/M controls, instead of a high end PC to play UT3, people might get a $500 PS3 in order to play it. Especially since mods will be available.

[quote name='KingBroly']The 360 also has Mass Effect, but I think everyone would be shocked if it actually got released in November. Everyone's talking like it will get pushed to next year.
With GTA gone, and people will get Madden on all 3 consoles (I'm betting the Wii version gets a fair share since the casual player seems to go their way) the 360's lineup has a gap that doesn't look like it'll be filled. Sony needs to put something out in Mid October to push the console. My bet is UT3, and since it supports KB/M controls, instead of a high end PC to play UT3, people might get a $500 PS3 in order to play it. Especially since mods will be available.[/quote]

I don't think UT3 is coming out in october, it's epic choice not theirs. I have a hunch that either Heavenly Sword will be pushed back to Oct, or that is when we shall see Ratchet or Uncharted.

I don't think sony cares too much...the PS2 version will sell a kajillion copies and the PS3 version will still probably break a million, so 30fps less isn't really a problem ;)

Personally, I wish EA Sports would focus on great AI, better textures, and a great franchise mode than 60 frames per second, but that's just me.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']Personally, I wish EA Sports would focus on great AI, better textures, and a great franchise mode than 60 frames per second, but that's just me.[/QUOTE]

I see your point but with all the noise Sony made about the PS3 being soooooo much more powerful than the 360, they really need to make it look as good if not better than the 360 version in order to maintain some semblance of credibility.

I mean, you and I both know that because a game was programmed on console A, it won't look as good on console B regardless of how powerful console B is. Joe Average will just look at both games running at EBstop or whatever and judge it by what he sees right then and there without taking into account programmers having more experience with the 360 and whatnot.

I don't understand how, EA can in one article blame the PS3 for its decline in expected revenue, and then make statements that the PS3 version of one of its flagship games is substantially deficient on the PS3. IMO EA is hurting the games industry more, because they know they need the PS3 to make additional sales, but then they half ass the ps3s game. I love madden, but I would have waited longer for the ps3 version.

[quote name='Thomas96']I don't understand how, EA can in one article blame the PS3 for its decline in expected revenue, and then make statements that the PS3 version of one of its flagship games is substantially deficient on the PS3. IMO EA is hurting the games industry more, because they know they need the PS3 to make additional sales, but then they half ass the ps3s game. I love madden, but I would have waited longer for the ps3 version.[/quote]

Me too, I mean it doesn't really need to be out till September.

BTW, Phil Harrison is my hero for calling out EA Sports.

And yes, I see your point with the whole touting the PS3 is more powerful thing, but if I show someone a clip of Killzone or R&C, etc, they will see that it is also a EA sports problem.

bread's done
Back