MAG Discussion Thread

I've swayed between Sniper/Medic & Assault/Engineer during most of beta , but now I take the role of Engineer/Medic and sometimes Sniper/Engineer.

My Primary Loadout for Engineer/Medic:
Heavy Machine gun + Circle point Sight
Repair Gun (+enhanced repair skills)
Medical Injector (leveled up)
also I have Gas Resistance, and most of the personal related skills

I do like the +10pts for revive, comes in handy for those accidental friendly fire accidents..lol

lmao, awesome round thisd morning. 76 and 2 K/D ratio.

I was pissed though because I forgot I was the squad leader, so I didnt set the frago target to where I was attacking from... :mad:

but got a 62 kill streak on my profile now :p

[quote name='enufs8d']my final sver builds are:

tier 1 lmg + grip + reflex sight + stability
med gun + res
vx gas grenades (theyre really good at pushing people)
preorder enhanced armor
bonus health 120 hp!!!

or when shit hits the fan
smg (visperia) + reflex sight + stability (+ silencer)
med gun + res
repair gun
preorder enhanced armor
bonus health 120 hp!!!

so i reached level 60 with sver. what faction should i join now? im reluctant to join raven because i dont have preorder armor. did you guys know that preorder armor has the heavy armor properties with medium weight? lol. Or should i stick around sver and rack up some of those harder to get ribbons.[/QUOTE]

Do you find the reflex sight to be better than the 4x scope?

theres no 4x on either smg or lmg.

well, i made the jump and joined raven because i know clockworkzombie. and he part of a good destructoid clan. im going to miss preorder armor. in my first match, i was one kill away from grim reaper. good start. it was a raven acquisition map. i found it interesting because i was usually blowing up these bunkers.

with my veteran move, i was forced to leave CAG sver clan. before i left, i made everyone an officer. anyone can be the leader now, frankied14, frankdeluded or anyone else. i might make it back to sver if i dont feel burned out.

I got to say the unlock that expands the reach of your melee has been a godsend for me, I'm winning battles up close a lot more often now.

[quote name='jlarlee']I got to say the unlock that expands the reach of your melee has been a godsend for me, I'm winning battles up close a lot more often now.[/QUOTE]

i found melee attacks to be seriously fucked up before AND after that skill. You have to be in such a precise spot.... i hate the melee

[quote name='enufs8d']

well, i made the jump and joined raven because i know clockworkzombie. and he part of a good destructoid clan. im going to miss preorder armor. in my first match, i was one kill away from grim reaper. good start. it was a raven acquisition map. i found it interesting because i was usually blowing up these bunkers.

with my veteran move, i was forced to leave CAG sver clan. before i left, i made everyone an officer. anyone can be the leader now, frankied14, frankdeluded or anyone else. i might make it back to sver if i dont feel burned out.[/QUOTE]
Congrats on your veterancy. :applause:*moves you to Raven* They do very well on acquisition maps last time I remembered.

As has kinda been asked several times already , as a shooter , what is MAG most comparable to? I've been really considering getting it and I'd like to hear what other shooters it plays anything like , if any. Worse case scenario I could always buy/rent the game now while it's still new , give it a whirl and if I don't like it trade it it.

It's kinda the same reason that while I've thought a bit about picking up Warhawk and Socom , considering both games still have pretty strong online communities , I'm afraid I won't like the game style and end up regretting the purchase.

[quote name='StarKnightX']As has kinda been asked several times already , as a shooter , what is MAG most comparable to? I've been really considering getting it and I'd like to hear what other shooters it plays anything like , if any. Worse case scenario I could always buy/rent the game now while it's still new , give it a whirl and if I don't like it trade it it.

It's kinda the same reason that while I've thought a bit about picking up Warhawk and Socom , considering both games still have pretty strong online communities , I'm afraid I won't like the game style and end up regretting the purchase.[/QUOTE]

A touch less arcadey Battlefield Bad Company

[quote name='StarKnightX']As has kinda been asked several times already , as a shooter , what is MAG most comparable to? I've been really considering getting it and I'd like to hear what other shooters it plays anything like , if any. Worse case scenario I could always buy/rent the game now while it's still new , give it a whirl and if I don't like it trade it it.

It's kinda the same reason that while I've thought a bit about picking up Warhawk and Socom , considering both games still have pretty strong online communities , I'm afraid I won't like the game style and end up regretting the purchase.[/QUOTE]

Well there is really no other game like it though, but its all objective. Like defend this or attack that or acquire this.

Man is the Valor pre-order armor the same as the others?

First thing that comes to my mind about MAG was Command and Conquer Renegade (My first FPS Shooter type game I ever played in my life) The game brought back great memories of my Renegade era. LOVE IT!

[quote name='jlarlee']A touch less arcadey Battlefield Bad Company[/QUOTE]

Lol, I've used 'an Arcadey Battlefield Bad Company' to describe MAG as well.

Outside of how it feels control-wise, it's more tactical and strategy oriented. Btw, congrats Wotcher.

For my fellow Valor members who are working towards the 2nd LMG, don't bother, spend the points elsewhere. It does more damage than the one you get to start out, but also has a ton more kick, worse accuracy and shoots alot slower. I'm sticking with the original one, it has little to no recoil with the proper skills and shoots so fast that most people are dead before they can even fire back. On a similar note, I need to brag a bit: http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/3347/magscore.jpg

Linked so it doesn't bother the page. Poor poor Raven fellers in that game :)

Hey Supplice, feel free to add me to Raven :)

After a 3 days with it, I've definitely been liking the game. Which is a leap for me considering I'm not really a big FPS guy and this is basically the 3rd of the genre I've gotten into recently (TF2 and Borderlands). I Played one of those games earlier today where I truly got to feel the scope of MAG. Where you have a great squad in sync, with smart squad leaders keeping each other up with what was going on, leading to victory.

Unfortunately, I also took a power hit today during a save and it borked my data, so I had to start a new character :sad:

[quote name='drbutchevil']For my fellow Valor members who are working towards the 2nd LMG, don't bother, spend the points elsewhere. It does more damage than the one you get to start out, but also has a ton more kick, worse accuracy and shoots alot slower. I'm sticking with the original one, it has little to no recoil with the proper skills and shoots so fast that most people are dead before they can even fire back. On a similar note, I need to brag a bit: http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/3347/magscore.jpg

Linked so it doesn't bother the page. Poor poor Raven fellers in that game :)[/QUOTE]

About that machine gun, QFT. DO NOT GET THAT GUN, get all the upgrades for the SAW. Nice game by the way, I just got my first 1000 EXP game, but I have got a few 50 kill games as well. Anybody know about the pre-order valor code.

Hmm, its hard to describe what M.A.G. to other games. I don't know, after playing so many FPS they all feel the same except for one or two features that set them apart. For me, its M.A.G.'s command system that appeals to me. I just love commanding 127 other players in Domination, and I'm happy to be a PL, or SL when I'm not choosen as an OIC.
-
Oh btw, I was searching around and found these Nike Dunk M.A.G. faction shoes made by some fan. I thought it would be cute if the soldiers of the factions wore these. lol

---

fatmanforlife99 said:
Anybody know about the pre-order valor code.

This is the most I could find on it. Link.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Supplice']

This is the most I could find on it. Link.[/QUOTE]

It sucks I would have to buy it off Ebay.

I am pretty sure I can't ask this, but if any of you guys have an extra valor code or if you dont want it, PM me.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']About that machine gun, QFT. DO NOT GET THAT GUN, get all the upgrades for the SAW. Nice game by the way, I just got my first 1000 EXP game, but I have got a few 50 kill games as well. Anybody know about the pre-order valor code.[/QUOTE]

Was my highest exp and kills so far, but I only really play Sabotage (which is what this was in), too much chaos in the other game modes, though Dom is somewhat fun on defense.

[quote name='Supplice']Hmm, its hard to describe what M.A.G. to other games. I don't know, after playing so many FPS they all feel the same except for one or two features that set them apart. For me, its M.A.G.'s command system that appeals to me. I just love commanding 127 other players in Domination, and I'm happy to be a PL, or SL when I'm not choosen as an OIC.
-
Oh btw, I was searching around and found these cool Nike Dunk M.A.G. faction shoes made by some fan (Click to enlarge). I thought it would be funny if the soldiers of the factions wore these lol

Valor

Raven

S.V.E.R.

---

This is the most I could find on it. Link.[/QUOTE]

THAT IS fuckING SICK!:applause::applause:

so i played a game with clockwork zombie of the destructoid crew. we won the acquisition. we played another game and we lost. later without him, i played with randoms and we lost most of them. i dont know if i can purely play acquisition. Raven lost all its contracts except it has two acquisitions.

what you guys heard about raven is true!!!

no frago points, especially when charges are planted on the AAA. fucked up! there's also the retards that drive the apc (spawn point). i managed to park inbetween some pipes that was next to the burnout tower and out of sight of anything dangerous. next thing i know, somebody moved it and was shortly destroyed.

no mics. i dont really get upset about mics if you're a good SL that changes the frago point. Most of my SLs in games had about 150 - 200 less points than everyone else. wtf! what are you guys doing?

it sucks when your teammates are dropping out of the game. its hard enough to accomplish your objectives without being shorthanded. i had a dom match with 4 people left with 15 mins to go.

raven people just bleed out. i guess if you're used to not having medics that actually revive people, then you get used to bleeding out. im used to running across the field to revive someone. when i reach them, they bleed out. then i got shot to death.

theres a lot of things that I took for granted on sver and playing with Kandal's group 2EZ. at least, Supplice had a clan to support him. I can see now why you would kick people off your squad to let someone competent in.

i feel like if i don't do it, then its not going to happen. i feel that i need to be a one man rambo that kills, heals, and fixes. Or do as much as I can because only the very few revive you.

[quote name='enufs8d']theres no 4x on either smg or lmg.

with my veteran move, i was forced to leave CAG sver clan. before i left, i made everyone an officer. anyone can be the leader now, frankied14, frankdeluded or anyone else. i might make it back to sver if i dont feel burned out.[/QUOTE]

:oops: I read that as AR. Well, what is better for the AR? The red dot or 4x scope? I'm liking the 4x scope but I think I need the lower barrel wander perk.

Only thing I don't like about the Reflex scope is the huge frame around the scope itself that blocks out too much of my FOV. Just switched over to the ACOG so hopefully that works better. That said, I find myself getting more kills by not switching to scope, unless it's a really distant target. I guess I was still stuck in CoD mode.

[quote name='enufs8d']
what you guys heard about raven is true!!!

no frago points, especially when charges are planted on the AAA. fucked up! there's also the retards that drive the apc (spawn point). i managed to park inbetween some pipes that was next to the burnout tower and out of sight of anything dangerous. next thing i know, somebody moved it and was shortly destroyed.

no mics. i dont really get upset about mics if you're a good SL that changes the frago point. Most of my SLs in games had about 150 - 200 less points than everyone else. wtf! what are you guys doing?

it sucks when your teammates are dropping out of the game. its hard enough to accomplish your objectives without being shorthanded. i had a dom match with 4 people left with 15 mins to go.

raven people just bleed out. i guess if you're used to not having medics that actually revive people, then you get used to bleeding out. im used to running across the field to revive someone. when i reach them, they bleed out. then i got shot to death.

theres a lot of things that I took for granted on sver and playing with Kandal's group 2EZ. at least, Supplice had a clan to support him. I can see now why you would kick people off your squad to let someone competent in.

i feel like if i don't do it, then its not going to happen. i feel that i need to be a one man rambo that kills, heals, and fixes. Or do as much as I can because only the very few revive you.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to Raven!

Just got this, yeah, I joined S.V.E.R... they were the coolest looking faction.

1st game in and got my ass handed to me, swear I didn't even see a red enemy the whole match.

2nd game did better..

15th game (or so!) I'm loving it.. it feels so grand, like a war is going on around you. Nice change of pace from MW2.. and the fact you don't ALWAYS die from the first 2 shots fired.. you have a chance to retaliate, duck behind a corner, medkit, and come out blasting again.

Just level 6 so far, but my son is playing Fat Princess.. so I'm done for a bit.

[quote name='nervousxtian']Just got this, yeah, I joined S.V.E.R... they were the coolest looking faction.

1st game in and got my ass handed to me, swear I didn't even see a red enemy the whole match.

2nd game did better..

15th game (or so!) I'm loving it.. it feels so grand, like a war is going on around you. Nice change of pace from MW2.. and the fact you don't ALWAYS die from the first 2 shots fired.. you have a chance to retaliate, duck behind a corner, medkit, and come out blasting again.

Just level 6 so far, but my son is playing Fat Princess.. so I'm done for a bit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is the thing people have to understand. It's going to take awhile to get a full grasp of the game because it really is different from every other FPS out there right now.

It just feels so grand at times, and when you have a team that's working together.. it clicks.

..of course.. I've been in games where it was every man for himself.. and it sucked, we got overrun.. but the next game.. Me and like 5 others were defending a bunker and just owning anyone who dared come close. Reviving guys who were shot down, and watching each others backs. That's when this game is at it's best.

Wotcher is always welcome to be Platoon Leader! I'll be the Squad Leader! With my buddies and some of random CAGS we are always a DOMINATING TEAM!

i hit 60 this morning. just as the cag clan is getting big i feel like leaving. I can always start up again in sver in veteran mode, but part of me wants to move to valor.

though my k/d ratio is coming along nice. 1.6 i think

[quote name='the_grimace']ok, nvm , i switched to valor. is there a CAG valor clan?[/QUOTE]

How long did it take to get to lvl 60?

Just earned my second respec at level 20. I never did get resuscitation and I feel bad both because I can't bring back a team mate and also cause it seems like it's good for the team and worth good points.

I like the Assault Rifles best so far and was thinking of respecing the following way:

Assault:
Reload Speed 1, Reflex Sight 2, Improved Stability 1, total = 4

Electronics:
Full Load Out = 12

Support:
Med Kit 2, Resuscitation 2, Total = 4

I figure that the advanced electronics will help make up for the assault upgrades that I currently have before the respec.

Any ideas? Or does this look like a pretty good foundation?

[quote name='pram12']How long did it take to get to lvl 60?[/QUOTE]

i leveled up fast compared to everyone else I know. For me it took 25 hours. Thats what my profile says at least.

on a side note. I MISS SVER. I want to go back....

[quote name='the_grimace']i leveled up fast compared to everyone else I know. For me it took 25 hours. Thats what my profile says at least.

on a side note. I MISS SVER. I want to go back....[/QUOTE]

Well once you get to 60 again you can... see you in 24 hours!

I'll be on every once in a while, I dig the hell out of this game. Shoot me a message if you want me to join in with you, I'll have a headset on during day games but usually not during late night games. Using my Plantronics headset at the moment.

I'm on S.V.E.R., as well.

That's not Valor's fault, that is just a common thing from joining random games or players not in clans. Its common in all three factions. Its really difficult to say that one faction has "this amount of X issues or this amount of X positives."

no trust me. I made it from level 1-60 in sver and people went out of there way to revive you. In valor, I literally have medics stampede over my dead body every game. its really fucking pissing me off

Well I re-did my skills and load out. Having the health bar on your squad mates really changes the game. You see a team member with a red bar and you are thinking can I make it to get them back on their feet?

I am enjoying the game even more now... wish I got the med kit 16 levels ago :(

Anyone ever have the game freeze up on loading screens? The loading bar is flashing and then stops flashing. I have to get up and turn the system off manually. Has happened 3-5 times now.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Anyone ever have the game freeze up on loading screens? The loading bar is flashing and then stops flashing. I have to get up and turn the system off manually. Has happened 3-5 times now.[/QUOTE]

yes, has happened to me about 4 or 5 times now as well. I also got some in game glitches. There's a parachute glitch (that was in the beta too) where after you landed, all your controls are reversed. Forward is backwards, look up is look down. Then I had another glitch where I couldn't exit a bunker.

Then there were a few gun glitches. It wouldn't let me switch weapons or reload. My HUD would disappear. Or I couldn't fire.

[quote name='Supplice']Ok, updated Roster list. Should I post this from time to time so new people see it or keep it as a sig link? I was king of afraid if I had as a sig, no one would click.

Also
MAG Patch v1.01a
300Kb

Graphics
* Resolved issue that caused banding and/or artifacts in the sky.
Server
* Server performance enhancements with a focus on reducing lag issues.
* Lowered chances of encountering 5:5 errors
* Added additional statistics-focused servers
* Added additional servers for Japan.
* Reduces the amount of time after a game finishes before stats post to account.
=====
magcopyk.gif

backgroundhd2.jpg

Valor
-----------
Soodmeg
SteveMcQ
FriskyTankuki
fizzywix
sky03
fatmanforlife99
drbutchevil
phillyphill39

magwp07hd.jpg

Raven
-------------
Layd Dly
knightsdwn
whoknows
african redbush

21cyzpd.jpg

S.V.E.R.
---------------
Frank Deluded
enufs8d
seanr1221
Kandal
nightmare452
the_grimace
Romis
Shoki
ChernobylCow
CheapyD
Harley-tj
skams00[/QUOTE]

bumping so i dont have to dig back like 5 pages

The last two domination games I had it seemed like Valor/Raven (Do you remember who it was Chernobyl?) completely gave up by the last 10 minutes and quit. There was only a couple of them sprinkled on the battlefield. Messed up.

the_grimace said:
bumping so i dont have to dig back like 5 pages
Frank and I have it on our sigs if you don't want to dig. I also think that one is the old one. But yes, I made some player changes like putting you on Valor.

[quote name='Supplice']Frank and I have it on our sigs if you dont want to dig. I also think that one is the old one. But yeah, I made some player changes like putting you on Valor.[/QUOTE]

alright.

do you know if anyone made a vAlor cag clan?

[quote name='the_grimace']alright.

do you know if anyone made a vAlor cag clan?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so.

Oh, and I'm updating the rooster with more information about the game i.e.: Ultimate M.A.G. guide that covers a wide range of topics/gameplay techniques (comes from M.A.G. forum). Veteran Mode explanation, and info about the Server Restart, Patch Alert Update: MAG v1.01a that was released on 2/3/2010. Both are from the M.A.G. blog. Lastly, a bunch of general info from the M.A.G. forums.

bread's done
Back