MAG Trooper Pack Free on PSN

J7.

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
MAG Trooper Pack Free on PSN now, just got an email about it.
(could not do proper search to see if this was already posted due to MAG being too short to do a search for it)

- flashbang grenades
- special edition machine guns for each PMC
- 2 new uniforms for each PMC

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']This isn't even a deal. I'd like to see them try and charge for this crap.[/QUOTE]

Free is always a deal. Free content is better than no content at all.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']This isn't even a deal. I'd like to see them try and charge for this crap.[/QUOTE]

You are overly hostile towards something that didn't need to be offered at all, let alone for free.

pms i guess

Anyone know what the hell this thing even is? You click purchase/download and it just doesn't download any local data to your HDD, do they just save the info. to their servers saying you have these features enabled or something?

It's cool of them to give us free content. The pack was a worth while DL. Hope they keep bring us more free content to DL.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Anyone know what the hell this thing even is? You click purchase/download and it just doesn't download any local data to your HDD, do they just save the info. to their servers saying you have these features enabled or something?[/QUOTE]

I was confused as well on the DL. Just go to the PS Store and Download all of the new content. It will NOT be Downloaded from the PS Store. Load up your game and it will ask you if you want to update. It then installs all of the new content.

Nah I don't have PMS, I love mag. But if they tried to offer a flashbang pack as something paid for I would've flipped shit. Before the pack was even up in NA the rest of the world had it and it sucked being flashbanged but not able to throw them back.

That's why I'm pissed, they act like they're giving out paid content for free, when if it would've been paid content it would've made the game unfair to those who didn't buy it.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Free is always a deal. Free content is better than no content at all.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You are overly hostile towards something that didn't need to be offered at all, let alone for free.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='killer9']pms i guess[/QUOTE]

Way to overreact to a joke guys. Whiny little internet bitches I guess.

Another douche bag to throw on the ignore pile. Who lets these people in?

Anyway, Judo, I see what you're saying. But in the end, they don't have to release any content after the game is out, you know? I think we all forget the dark ages of gaming...5 years ago...when a console game came out, and that was the end of the story. Nothing could be improved or fixed or upgraded or anything. So, though I understand what you are saying about it being content everyone needs anyway, or else the game would be unfair, it's still additional content they didn't have to release at all.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Another douche bag to throw on the ignore pile. Who lets these people in?

Anyway, Judo, I see what you're saying. But in the end, they don't have to release any content after the game is out, you know? I think we all forget the dark ages of gaming...5 years ago...when a console game came out, and that was the end of the story. Nothing could be improved or fixed or upgraded or anything. So, though I understand what you are saying about it being content everyone needs anyway, or else the game would be unfair, it's still additional content they didn't have to release at all.[/QUOTE]

OH NOES! TEH IGNORZ LIST!1!! I'm hurt. Here I thought everybody on CAG was a douchebag. Probably thought that because they are. This is like the elitist section of the internet for nothing.

[quote name='Smidget']Also it has all the pre-order outfits up as well lol I LOL at the people I sold my codes to on eBay :x[/QUOTE]

lol, I sold 3 of them for an average of $15 on ebay, and I paid $5 each at Best Buy.

It's amazing what people will pay for stuff on eBay. I sold the Collectors armor and rifle from the ME2 CE for like $30, and I've been on a Slurpee kick lately, and people gladly give me $15 for the Kratos Morpheus Armor. It boggles what's left of my mind.

Yes it's free, but I feel they included it in a trooper pack on PSN to make it look like they are giving out free DLC. I guess you could call the extra uniform skins and LMG skins the DLC that they gave out for free. But something like a flashbang should've been in the update. I think I'm just getting sick of mag or something. This much bitching isn't healthy. I got in on the first beta wave back in august. I've seen everything this game has to offer plenty of times over.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Nah I don't have PMS, I love mag. But if they tried to offer a flashbang pack as something paid for I would've flipped shit. Before the pack was even up in NA the rest of the world had it and it sucked being flashbanged but not able to throw them back.

That's why I'm pissed, they act like they're giving out paid content for free, when if it would've been paid content it would've made the game unfair to those who didn't buy it.[/QUOTE]

So you're complaining about the thought of the free DLC being paid? Hahah, and people think I'm joking when I say that gamers complain more than playing games.

[quote name='PvtChurch']Way to overreact to a joke guys. Whiny little internet bitches I guess.[/QUOTE]

I don't see how his response was a joke, but whatever. I blame the stupid email for acting like it previously cost money, let's just leave it at that.

gettinmoney, it's not that. I'm not sure how I can explain it. Let's say they charged for this trooper pack. You'd have people who bought it running around with flash bangs, while those who didn't wouldn't have them. I realize the argument is null because it's free, and I'm glad it's free. I love free stuff. But they're acting like the pack was either going to cost money or be free. When it would've been ridiculous to charge for it.

Make sense? Now if they release a nice big map pack, and charge a reasonable amount for it I'll look into it, but that's for another day.

J7, my first response wasn't flaming you really. I can see if you thought it was paid for before or whatever. I guess I was just pissy last night or something and it showed in my post. Sorry.

It's okay I can see why you would get mad if this thing actually did cost money. I find it strange that the other guy thought you were joking because I think you were serious, but you were serious for the right reasons.

I didn't even know he was talking about me, because I wasn't joking haha. But anyway it's fine. If anything this thread reminds people how to get the trooper pack or whatever. I just don't want it to lead to something like this. "well guys, since we gave you DLC for free already our next packs will cost money! How great is that?"

I understand this stuff costs money to make and all that, but I'm a believer of throwing free post game content to sell more copies of the game. Thus making the community bigger. Instead of just wringing out a few extra bucks out of the few who remain.

Just my 2 cents.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']gettinmoney, it's not that. I'm not sure how I can explain it. Let's say they charged for this trooper pack. You'd have people who bought it running around with flash bangs, while those who didn't wouldn't have them. I realize the argument is null because it's free, and I'm glad it's free. I love free stuff. But they're acting like the pack was either going to cost money or be free. When it would've been ridiculous to charge for it.

Make sense? Now if they release a nice big map pack, and charge a reasonable amount for it I'll look into it, but that's for another day.

J7, my first response wasn't flaming you really. I can see if you thought it was paid for before or whatever. I guess I was just pissy last night or something and it showed in my post. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

My point is, who cares? Why are you posting about the possibilities of paid future DLC? Complain about a problem when it comes, don't complain in anticipation of a problem.

I do believe in complaining beforehand because if we just wait until a problem comes which we can anticipate then we're stuck with the problem, but if we can raise awareness ahead of time we might be able to prevent the problems from happening. Granted this isn't the best example.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Anyone know what the hell this thing even is? You click purchase/download and it just doesn't download any local data to your HDD, do they just save the info. to their servers saying you have these features enabled or something?[/QUOTE]
Nothing gets downloaded when you purchase the free MAG characters. They won't even show up in your Download List. Go to the Service List and they will be there.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']My point is, who cares? Why are you posting about the possibilities of paid future DLC? Complain about a problem when it comes, don't complain in anticipation of a problem.[/QUOTE]
He isn't complaining about future DLC.

"They're acting like the pack was either going to cost money or be free. When it would've been ridiculous to charge for it."

bread's done
Back