Mag

KillJoi99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
MAG=Massive Action Game

As a 360 owner, if this turns out decent I will have to get a PS3. This game is a system mover if I've ever seen one.

MAG will feature 256 online players in 8 person squads. As far as I know, no release date is known.

The game looks amazing.

Massive war. Except...there's probably not going to be spawn points. And if that's the case, I'm probably not going to bother with it.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']What exactly is Massive Action Game? I didn't see the E3 conference, so I don't know. ;)[/quote]

Its a online shooter that features 256 players in one game.

[quote name='Chacrana']Looks like balls. Or at least very generic.[/quote]

I hope you like balls because that looked amazing

I'm definitely interested. I always wanted to try Planetside but didn't have the hardware when it was new. With a 256 person max, this doesn't sound like it'll have as massive a scale as Planetside (I think), but I love the idea of giant-sized Battlefield-style games.

[quote name='smiggity']Sounds like a SOCOM MMO to me. If they can pull this off it will be epic!![/quote]
I totally agree, and since Zipper is working on it I'm sure there will be attention to detail. I can only hope there is destructable environments, that would just be the icing on the cake.

If I had to guess, I would say we'll see this released in October or November of '09.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I totally agree, and since Zipper is working on it I'm sure there will be attention to detail. I can only hope there is destructable environments, that would just be the icing on the cake.

If I had to guess, I would say we'll see this released in October or November of '09.[/QUOTE]That's my guess too.

I had a feeling Zipper would be making something like this, but never imagined 256 players at once. It will be fun having CAG nights on this.

I hope this game turns out to be good... there's so much online action, damn I dont' know which game to load up. Killzone's got something, Resistance 2, fucking SOCOM, and Warkawk's not ready to be put up on the shelf.

Way too many shooters for my taste (I'm perfectly content with warhawk and cod 4 online), but this at least sounds like it could be interesting. I like the idea of small 8v8 type matches for taking control of a building or planting a bomb that leads to something else, unlike cod where you just switch sides over and over (warhawk has it on a small level with the respawn points that are obviously vital in CTF). Resistance is doing something similar I guess but on a smaller scale, so hopefully Zipper willl look at how that turns out for ideas and ways to improve the game.

So far to me, MAG looks extremely generic. And unfortunately this game might have the most generic name i have ever seen, Massive Action Game........i mean, really.

I am not a FPS fan to start with, but I was part of the Planetside testing and initial group of players. My guess is that Mag is 80%+ Planetside as framework. That game had so many things it needed changed to make it better and there was a huge problem with lag an unfortunate amount of times. The lag should no longer be a problem, the original Planetside let dial-up users play. There was a lot of room for improvement and I believe subsequent updates did make it a better game.

I doubt many here would know what I am talking about, but Planetside was originally being developed as the sequel to a game called Tanarus. But, they split majorly from the original Tanarus game and made it mostly about ground combat, whereas Tanarus was entirely about the tanks. Tanarus is still the best first person(tank) shooter ever made and I really wish Sony Online would bring it back in full glory.

[quote name='tiktok0']I am not a FPS fan to start with, but I was part of the Planetside testing and initial group of players. My guess is that Mag is 80%+ Planetside as framework. That game had so many things it needed changed to make it better and there was a huge problem with lag an unfortunate amount of times. The lag should no longer be a problem, the original Planetside let dial-up users play. There was a lot of room for improvement and I believe subsequent updates did make it a better game.

I doubt many here would know what I am talking about, but Planetside was originally being developed as the sequel to a game called Tanarus. But, they split majorly from the original Tanarus game and made it mostly about ground combat, whereas Tanarus was entirely about the tanks. Tanarus is still the best first person(tank) shooter ever made and I really wish Sony Online would bring it back in full glory.[/quote]

I know what you are talking about, I was into Planetside/Tanarus too. :lol:

It'll be different here in that everyone will have the same hardware compare to all the different specs you find in the PC environment. So that could be another factor to lessen the lag.

Also we don't know if the 256 will all be in one area, or split up like they were in Planetside do we? Sure planetside had high numbers of players, but the way the game was designed not everyone is bogged down in one area.

I also think I noticed three icons representing the factions which I believe was (is?) the same amount there was in Planetside.

bread's done
Back