Magic Bullet

doclife

CAG Veteran
Hey, I have been trying to find a good deal for this damn Magic Bullet blender thingy. Jeez, it's like 50-60 dollars mostplaces. Are there ANY better deals, that don't involve me spending that much cash on what is basically a mini blender? thanks for any help or suggestions.

try ebay or amazon, i remember seeing it for like $20, but read the reviews, i read from the amazon reviews that its a crappy thing at best...but maybe you'll have better luck :)

LOL...those infomercial products are low grade garbage, at least the ones we've bought so far. We have the shark vacuum and one of the thunderstick mixer. Neither works properly and ended breaking apart eventually.

My roommate has this very item. I while I can't tell you of any deals, the Magic Bullet is actually pretty damn nice.

And I apologize for the people who only reply to give you shit about the item you are seeking a deal on. Why the hell do they chime in if they don't actually know of any deals?

My mom bought one for the full $60 about year ago and it's been really nice. I use it all the time to make smoothies on milkshakes. Seems pretty durable.

I love the Magic Bullet, but yeah, I haven't seen a set for less than 50-60$. It's great for grinding coffee, milkshakes, and mixed drinks, which makes it almost more useful than the microwave in my house.

[quote name='valor19']And I apologize for the people who only reply to give you shit about the item you are seeking a deal on. Why the hell do they chime in if they don't actually know of any deals?[/QUOTE]

Happens a lot here.

Anyway, the Bullet is pretty sweet. I don't remember exactly what I paid for mine - got the 2 for 1 deal and gave 1 as a gift. I think they still run that. If you can find someone to go in halfsies, then split it.

Love the Magic Bullet. I got one last Christmas and use it quite often. I have never seen it on sale with the exception of the LNT coupon.

[quote name='valor19']My roommate has this very item. I while I can't tell you of any deals, the Magic Bullet is actually pretty damn nice.

And I apologize for the people who only reply to give you shit about the item you are seeking a deal on. Why the hell do they chime in if they don't actually know of any deals?[/QUOTE]

LOL, go cry a river. It was merely an input from experience, christ.

My wife uses hers all the time and she loves it. It does certain things really well (make smoothies, any kind of drink or sauce you want blended to liquid) and some things not so well (grind up solids or mix things without liquifying).

Best deal I've seen was at Costco, so if you have a membership and a store around, give it a look. I don't remember the exact price, but I think it was under $50 - maybe 40-ish.

It's a very convenient and useful product, don't get this one mixed up with regular mail order junk.

Infomercial product quality will vary company to company as I should know since I actually work on a bunch of informericals as a Prop Master and Art Director. I know for the products I work with, the companies like to make sure all the things you see in the shows can actually be done at home if you were really that ambitious to try it. I spend a lot of time to perfect the demos so that they work with no trickery even when they may seem outrageous when you see it during the infomercial.

The Magic Bullet is actually based on one of the earlier infomercial products I worked on and it's funny to see this topic pop up since I am about to shoot another show with the Mimi, the female host from the Magic Bullet , whom I have worked with a few times before.

[quote name='valor19']My roommate has this very item. I while I can't tell you of any deals, the Magic Bullet is actually pretty damn nice.

And I apologize for the people who only reply to give you shit about the item you are seeking a deal on. Why the hell do they chime in if they don't actually know of any deals?[/QUOTE]
Well, if you look at it differently, say like your friend was going to buy an expensive item, and you had already bought that item and had a horrible time with it. Would you tell your friend where to go to buy the item or would you tell him that it was a really bad product and that he should spend his money elsewhere? I bet you would tell him not to buy it. I think I certainly would. Now consider that those guys probably aren't even friends with the op, they were just trying to do him a favor. That seems pretty nice to me. And if he was so sure that the magic bullet was for him, would two people on the Internet dissuade h from going through with his purchase? I don't think so. So before you go and apologize on behalf of those people, take some time to actually think about what it means to give an opinion. After all, its the Internet, right? Everybody has an opinion.

I actually like the magic bullet, but I agree its too expensive.

[quote name='xmrblondex']Well, if you look at it differently, say like your friend was going to buy an expensive item, and you had already bought that item and had a horrible time with it. Would you tell your friend where to go to buy the item or would you tell him that it was a really bad product and that he should spend his money elsewhere? I bet you would tell him not to buy it. I think I certainly would. Now consider that those guys probably aren't even friends with the op, they were just trying to do him a favor. That seems pretty nice to me. And if he was so sure that the magic bullet was for him, would two people on the Internet dissuade h from going through with his purchase? I don't think so. So before you go and apologize on behalf of those people, take some time to actually think about what it means to give an opinion. After all, its the Internet, right? Everybody has an opinion.[/QUOTE]Yes, but as far as everybody here is concerned, neither of them tried a Magic Bullet, one went by Amazon reviews and they other made a generalization.

You're right though, who listens to douchebags on the internet?

[quote name='iflabs']LOL, go cry a river. It was merely an input from experience, christ.[/QUOTE]

Very mature reply. You are totally a valued member of Cheapassgamer and I'm sure the OP is happy to have your input.

Bed, Bath, and Beyond also sells the Magic Bullet. I've been getting a "20%-off any 1 item" coupon from them nearly every 2 weeks by signing up online for their mailing list. The coupons are sent through postal mail and only work in-store though. But, if you really need to buy before your coupon arrives, then you can purchase from their website or in-store and have it price adjusted later in-store once you get your coupon. Also, they will accept expired coupons.

Thanks so much for all the replies. the LNT one sounds promising. I NEED it liquify, every time I want to mix a decent protein shake there always chunks and that's just annoying and a lil gross so this item should come in handy. Thanks all.

bread's done
Back