Magna Carta preorder: $49.99+free shipping at Outpost

i had no idea this game even existed...that said...im making my second preorder from outpost today...the first one being graffiti kingdom for $24.99 w/ free shipping and the second one being this

[quote name='Epic Wolf']They've had it at that price for a while, Im holding out til its 40-45 :) like they did with Digital Devil 2[/QUOTE]

but if i preorder it now, will i still get it for cheaper if they drop it?

Not a bad price. I'm assuming every copy will be the Deluxe Box Set, so hopefully it might have a low preorder price like DDS1 did...

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']but if i preorder it now, will i still get it for cheaper if they drop it?[/QUOTE]
They'll match it, but you have haggle them a bit if you get a lazy rep :roll:, kind of why I'd rather just wait...

For like a year now, I have been fascinated by the art in this game... despite knowing very little about the game itself. Anyone know what the gameplay could be compared to?

[quote name='BustaUppa']For like a year now, I have been fascinated by the art in this game... despite knowing very little about the game itself. Anyone know what the gameplay could be compared to?[/QUOTE]

yes, inquiring minds want to know.

Softmax is a korean developer known for their PC games. Sacnoth (Shadow Hearts) and String (Riviera) are two developer made up of former Square employees.

From what I know about Magna Carta is that it is a popular Korean PC RPG. It is known for making good soundtrack and character design. The PS2 version is a different game bt i guess they shared some similarities.

"IN DECEMBER 2002, a Korean company named SoftMax released the original Magna Carta title, Magna Carta: The Phantom of Avalanche. The game sported gorgeous artwork from well-known Korean artist Hyung Tae Kim, and caught the eye of many an RPGamer--locally in Korea, as well as abroad, which resulted in the game being localized for the Japanese market. Unfortunately for those of us in the western world, the game never saw the light of day in North America.

Two years later, SoftMax announced the development of a new Magna Carta title; Magna Carta: Crimson Stigmata. Based on the original Magna Carta, the game once again touts artwork from Hyung Tae Kim. Furthermore, the game sports a different battle system, improved graphics over its PC predecessor, and a brand new story for players to adventure through.

Even though the game tucked itself under the radars of RPGamers in North America, there was little hope that it'd be released here. Just prior to E3 in May however, Atlus USA announced its E3 lineup, which contained a surprise title Magna Carta: Tears of Blood, which is one in the same as Magna Carta: Crimson Stigmata."

Source: http://rpgamer.com/games/magna/magna2/magna2interview.html

I never have ordered anything from Outpost. I want to know that if I preorder then my CC won't be charged till the product ships right?

I saw this game on a G4Tech TV clip posted at IGN. "Hidden Gems of E3" or something along those lines. It only had a brief spot, but they sounded like they were excited about it. Ever since then I've been waiting to hear some info about it. Doubt I'll preorder it so soon, but this definately looks promising.

EDIT: I figure since there isn't any information about the actual game in here yet other than how the game came to end up coming to America, I figured I'd go ahead and copy what was said in the IGN video I mentioned previously. So here ya go, a quick summary of the game:

"A new RPG from Atlus, Magna Carta: Tears of Blood, boasts high production values and a 50 hour storyline. In a land populated by numerous civilizations who don't particularly enjoy each other's company, a young man seeking revenge meets a strange girl with no memory. Ooo, amnesia! Haven't seen that one before. Breaking from the sweeping epic RPG tradition, a unique real time battle system should keep the game interesting."

I dunno, but from the vid it didn't look too "real time" to me.

bread's done
Back