Mail-order without a home address?

muddyjunk

CAG Veteran
Is there a way to buy/Netflix/Gamefly stuff through the mail without having it sent to your home? (Without getting into too much detail, I got grounded for something my brother did, but I decided not to rat him out. :whistle2:# Part of my punishment is that my mail-ordering and shopping is monitored and severely limited by my parents.)

I was planning on using Gamefly and online/CAG deals to fill up my summer gaming time. Can a minor sign up for a PO Box? How about Mailboxes Etc., do they actually rent mailboxes? I know I could ask a friend to mail-order stuff for me, but I'd like to explore other options. Thanks in advance.

You can't get a PO Box if you're under 18. I don't know about other options. If you would be able to travel to get to a PO Box, do you have a friend that you trust that could receive stuff for you?

I'd just do what your parents say, though. No use in digging yourself deeper if you get caught.

Heh, I'm all for the rebellious youth thing, gotta have our stereotypes.

Send it to a friend's place man. That's what I'd do.

Do you work? Maybe you could have it sent to your job. That's what I do, but i'm not a minor, nor rebellious...

From experience, doing something like this will eventually get you in more trouble. But if you want to do it, more power to you. Just don't get caught like I used to.

On topic, a trustworthy friend would be the best way to go for you. It may take you longer to get whatever item/service you ordered, but if its cheap, I wouldn't complain.

Also take this piece of advice, try to get the shipment name in your friends name if possible. If his parents grab the mail one day before he can and see something addressed to you going to their house, it would throw up a big red flag.

[quote name='muddyjunk']Maybe you should shut your fucking mouth when you don't know what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]
A little defensive much?

A Mailbox Etc./UPS Store box is going to be EXPENSIVE for what you need it for. Just use a friend's address.

Yukine does have a point, as what is a minor doing with a credit card anyway? If that's why they grounded you, then you're just getting yourself into the same situation. Kids these days...

[quote name='muddyjunk']I got grounded for something my brother did, but I decided not to rat him out.[/quote]

So make your brother a gamefly account...

else just rat on him.... I don't think it's worth the "noble" deed...

bread's done
Back