Maine Thread

[quote name='TheGame']Guitar Hero In stock at EB Games in Augusta. Thay have quite a few but they said they are still flying off the shelves.[/quote]

OMG HI2U!

I grew up in South Portland, went to high school there a long time ago (1989), now live in Portland. Always nice to see other cheapskates. Anyone know if the TRU at the Mall is picked clean of their deals?

[quote name='RickHarrisMaine']I grew up in South Portland, went to high school there a long time ago (1989), now live in Portland. Always nice to see other cheapskates. Anyone know if the TRU at the Mall is picked clean of their deals?[/quote]

Pretty much, yeah. Only thing that I managed to find (that I wanted) was Metroid Prime Pinball :/

Who the hell is lor08 on ebay? It's one of you because all that person does is sell clearanced K-Mart games.

Whoever it is, I hate you. fucking $25 shipping to other places in Maine for video games?! How about priority mail, asshole. Then maybe it won't be so evident that you're circumventing ebay fees.

Well, it's not me. I rarely sell on Ebay (although I do have a lovely NES up for bids right now!) It doesn't really have to be one of us though - there are plenty of ebay scumbags that don't really do a ton of research, just scour the stores for deals.

not me, and don't be so sure it's a regular CAG... i think greetard and myself were accused in another thread. it could be a lurker here or some scumbag at another website

If he's just selling Kmart stuff there's a pretty good chance they are either a Kmart employee or a friend of a Kmart employee getting a heads up on clearance stuff.

Yeah, unfortunately he's getting all mad and putting in "b-but these are the actual shipping costs!!!!" in all of his auctions. Somehow I don't think selling Yggdra Union for $5 would be profitable if it actually cost $25 to ship.

That's cool - I like the Target Gamestop, it's handy to not have to go into the mall just to grab something during a lunch break or something. I actually picked up a wireless Gamecube controller and a memory card there a week or so ago. I have to curb my spending habits for awhile though - I plopped down a ton of cash at Video Game Exchange in Augusta a few weeks back to stock up on Wii games!

[quote name='bigd3585']Im from Maine...I live in Portland, and work at the Gamestop by Target in South Portland[/QUOTE]

how long have you been there for? i worked there for a while before i transfered to the auburn store. ask Ryan about Jake that used to work with him haha

Hey - has anybody here seen copies of the 3 Cube bongo drum games lately? I bought a few sets of bongos and am having a struggle finding Donkey Konga 1 or 2 or Jungle Beat. Unfortunately the Target Gamestop had it on the shelf but couldn't find the game. I checked the Scarborough Bull Moose but can't seem to find copies.

BTW, if you two work at the Target Gamestop I feel bad for you, there was a woman in there today when I was shopping who was just horrible, screaming for corporate...I don't know if I would have had the patience!

If it helps I remember seeing Donkey Konga 2 at Wal-Mart for 19.95 with the drums. I also remember seeing it game only for 14.99 at Circuit City.

Thanks for the input. I hit Circuit City today and found Konga 2 for only 11.xx! I had found #1 at the Maine Mall Gamestop, so now I'm down to just needing Jungle Beat (which is a pretty easy game to find).

I think you can get it pretty cheap on gamestop.com...

I have Jungle Beat, and Donkey Konga 2...pretty cool games.

Donkey Konga 2 was $5 at K-Mart, with the bongos!

Yeah - I haven't tried Konga 2 yet (it's still in the wrapper, hopefully tonight), but Konga 1 is a bunch of fun. The EB at the Maine Mall had a few copies of Jungle Beat for $12, so I'll probably grab one in a few days.

There has to be someone here that lives in or around Bangor, because Best Buy was totally stripped of all its clearanced games. It could have been one of the employees, but that's a lot of games for one person to buy.

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and from Maine. I see that a few of you work at GameStop, I was an employee at the Auburn store from 2004-2005 until I left to go to school at UMO. Jaket, if you work at the Auburn store now I've probably seen you there when I've come home on break! I'm hoping to get some part-time work there again this summer, do you know if there will be openings?

Anyway, I discovered CAG through the CAGCast and it seems like a really cool site/forum. I'll definitely be checking back!

[quote name='Bloodborne']Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and from Maine. I see that a few of you work at GameStop, I was an employee at the Auburn store from 2004-2005 until I left to go to school at UMO. Jaket, if you work at the Auburn store now I've probably seen you there when I've come home on break! I'm hoping to get some part-time work there again this summer, do you know if there will be openings?

Anyway, I discovered CAG through the CAGCast and it seems like a really cool site/forum. I'll definitely be checking back![/QUOTE]

This must be joe. haha, i think i saw you at UMO when i went up to visit some friends, but wasn't positive it was you.

Another Mainah on board...good to see theres another 5 people from here that know how to get on the internet.

I was reminded again why I don't shop at the S. Portland EB/Gamestops. They spent time trying to convince me that Mario and Smash Bros were going to be hard to find. When I told them that everyplace will have copies, they insisted that wouldn't be the case, telling me to "look at the Wii".

Do they somehow fail to grasp that shortages in hardware occur much more frequently than true software shortages or do they just tow the company line with complete disregard to actual facts. Maybe they will purposely short order stuff in order to make it look like you should have preordered...but do they really think I won't be able to walk into Walmart on launch day and walk out with Mario?

Honestly, they used to have good workers at the Gamestop by Target, they've completely messed that up (and to boot the store is as cluttered as a flea market). Oh well, at least the Auburn stores are still somewhat decent to shop at...

I haven't been to the one near Target in awhile, it was definitely my favorite.

But a couple weeks ago I was looking for Lumines 1 on PSP. They wanted to sell me a fucking used copy with no manual and no case (a cd sleeve) for $26.99. I was pissed and said fuck that basically.

Went to Toys'r'us and got a brand new, non-GH for $13.98...

fuck Gamestop seriously. People that work there are usually pricks to you and want you to pre-order everything that's coming out.

Another Mainer here - grew up in Washington (little town by Waldoboro), went to college in Farmington and now living in Portland.

[quote name='solisnk']I haven't been to the one near Target in awhile, it was definitely my favorite.

But a couple weeks ago I was looking for Lumines 1 on PSP. They wanted to sell me a fucking used copy with no manual and no case (a cd sleeve) for $26.99. I was pissed and said fuck that basically.

Went to Toys'r'us and got a brand new, non-GH for $13.98...

fuck Gamestop seriously. People that work there are usually pricks to you and want you to pre-order everything that's coming out.[/quote]

The Waterville GS employees are awesome. They'll talk to you and start conversations about games, and you always get a sealed copy of a new game.

Bangor has one complete bitch and a couple of friendly people.

Augusta has some okay people, but they're neither friendly or always competent.

The associates at the Maine Mall are complete dumbshits who'd rather stand close together in the corner opposite from the customers and talk about which ceiling tile is more helpful. I'm hard to miss, and they never look at me or talk to me. Someone should really just kick them all in the face and tell them to pay attention.

[quote name='Blade']The Waterville GS employees are awesome. They'll talk to you and start conversations about games, and you always get a sealed copy of a new game.

Bangor has one complete bitch and a couple of friendly people.

Augusta has some okay people, but they're neither friendly or always competent.

The associates at the Maine Mall are complete dumbshits who'd rather stand close together in the corner opposite from the customers and talk about which ceiling tile is more helpful. I'm hard to miss, and they never look at me or talk to me. Someone should really just kick them all in the face and tell them to pay attention.[/quote]

Heh, I thought it was just me. The gamestop across the maine mall (target, old navy, etc) has some good associates though.

Giving the Maine thread some love. As for what employees suck/rock at which GameStops, I may be working at the Auburn Mall GameStop (formerly EB) over the holidays, so you can be guaranteed quality there. :p

Thought I'd breath a little life back into the maine thread. If anybody is on the ps3 scene there are no warhawk's left at target in portland or topsham from the $40 deal. Also there are no 80gb ps3's anwhere to be found. At least at best buy, circuit city, target, and eb/gamestop.

circuit in bangor will be closing down for good on monday feb 16th. last days to get any " good deals" even though most of them suck.

I'm not sure what the exact closing date is for the one in Portland, but it's already been picked pretty clean of any deals. There are still quite a few games and CDs, but the markdown off retail price has put them about where everyone else is.

I'm from maine live a couple towns away from Lewiston but yeah I haven't had too much luck finding any bargains in lewiston and auburn I plan to hit bangor and augusta someday trying to find some good deals on retro stuff

Might as well post in here myself. Originally a Masshole I now reside in Old Town, which is near Bangor.

Bump, I don't know why I haven't posted here before. I live in Windham. Not many game stores around here, except for Bull Moose (which I sure am glad there's one), and a WalMart Supercenter, so I resort to getting games online.

I'm from Portland and as a former Gamestop employee, here's the direct lowdown on which ones to avoid:

Maine Mall: I worked there. There was about 3 or 4 of us that were worthwhile there. Everyone else was and idiot. My roommate and one other are the only useful ones that remain. The management is total garbage, sitting in the backroom avoiding work all day and hanging his employees out to dry. Seriously, when any of us would try to uphold any sort of policy, he'd sweep in and overrule us making us look like total d-bags. If you have to talk to anyone there, talk to Ryan and Joe. Avoid everyone else.

South Portland/Target Plaza: Manager there knows nothing about games. Doesn't play them at all. He works hard at least, and their store isn't run by an idiot so that's an improvement. They have a couple guys that at least know what they're doing and aren't terrible. They just never pick up their phone ever.

Brunswick: Newer store, awesome Manager and cool assistant (though I'm biased as he's another roommate). Two guys that know what they're talking about and actually are fun to talk to. Plus, they get a lot of rare games since they're a bit out of the way.

Hey guys, I know it's odd for a Flordian to be posting in here but here goes. I'm going on a 9 day Royal Caribbean cruise in August and there is two stops in Maine on back to back days. I'll be in Portland on the 15th and Bar Harbor on the 16th. I basically need someone who can show me around the 2 areas for those 2 days, (where to eat, stuff to see and etc) I'd be willing to buy/trade for your services. PM me for more information, thanks!

Greetings all those that live in Maine, I shall be heading to Bar Harbor for the week, Ill be there This Saturday Aug 8th? if you see anything in my trade list that interest you let me know and Ill bring it with me so we can meet up, let me know before Weds 12pm. I am looking for decent trades but will take cash as well.

Laters.

Not really from Maine, but attending college here. Just thought I'd let you guys know that there is this awesome little store in Biddeford, ME called Empires. They sell DVDs for $5 unless it is a new release then it sells for $10. They have a good amount of video games. Plus other randoms collectibles such as action figures or books. I don't really know the address. All I know is it is a few stores over from this chinese restaurant which is 26 Alfred Street. Thought I'd give a heads up to any local CAGs. If you go can you say you heard about the store on CAG? THanks

bread's done
Back