Majesco, Ron Gilbert, Humongous Entertainment, Adventures, Wii

MarioColbert

CAGiversary!
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=17992

Majesco Entertainment (Cooking Mama, Cake Mania) has announced a new agreement to bring Humongous character games to the Wii in mid-2008.

Now best known for its Backyard sports game series, Humongous was originally co-founded by LucasArts vet Ron Gilbert, now creative director at Hothead Games. The company produced adventure and critical-thinking games for kids, including Freddi Fish, Pajama Sam and Spy Fox titles. The companies say the Humongous catalog has sold more than 15 million units.

The titles currently announced for the Wii include back catalog CD-ROM games originally released throughout the 1990s, including Freddi Fish in Kelp Seed Mystery, Pajama Sam in Don't Fear the Dark and Spy Fox in Dry Cereal, updated to utilize the Wii Remote for their point-and-click gameplay.

This is probably not a big deal to most of you. Some might rejoice at the fact that when Ron Gilbert's games -are- being ported to the Wii, the ones that are selected happen to be educational games for young children.

If you're a parent with young kids, however, this is great news for you.

If you're a dreamer who hopes that the success of such games might mean more goodness such as Zack & Wiki (and perhaps FINALLY Sam & Max from Telltale)... I suppose this news is as good as any.

I'm not gonna lie here-despite being really easy, the first 3 Pajama Sam games are awesome. Hell, I might buy the PJ sam game on Wii if it's cheap enough despite me already owning it. That support is important if we want more point and click adventures on Wii.

Do they still make Putt Putt games? :D
medium.gif

........to continue the OT from the Wii Shop thread.

so are we saying the Freddi Fish/Pajama Sam/Spy Fox games are going to be worth $20 each? maybe at least one of them? i've never played them before, and don't know much besides that they are PaC games, but they look really goofy/weird. I know they are meant for kids, but could an adult find any enjoyment from these? (assuming the adult is a fan of Zack and Wiki and Strongbad so far)

Pajama Sam 1, 2, and 3 HELL YES. Never liked Putt-Putt, Freddi Fish, or Spy Fox but Pajama Sam I have played way too many times. Although I'm not an adult (13) I do own and enjoy SBCG4AP and Zack and Wiki.

Pajama Sam 1 was originally called Pajama Sam: No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside, but they changed the name not too long ago to Pajama Sam: Don't Fear the Dark. Wait for a review or two to see if anything has been changed. The charm and story are what makes it great, so if they cut some dialog it's important. The games are on the short side, but I think the first one would be longer than two SBCG4AP episodes. It's also very easy, and four year old Doomed beat the first one. See if you can acquire the first game on PC and play it for a little.

tl;dr version: Pajama Sam: Don't Fear the Dark will be worth the $20 if there are no changes for the worse from the original.

bread's done
Back