Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom (360) $10.52 (PS3) $19.94 at Amazon - Prime Eligible

Mighty Tor

CAGiversary!
http://www.amazon.com/Majin-Forsaken-Kingdom-Xbox-360/dp/B003BE6OZC/ref=pd_sim_vg_1 360
http://www.amazon.com/Majin-Forsake...6OYS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303163240&sr=8-1 PS3

Price is dropping fast on this one, might go lower, but I think I'm going to bite at this point. From what I've read it's a reasonably good game and this seems to be a good enough price to make it worthwhile.

Edit: Updating prices in the title. 360 has gotten better, PS3 deal is functionally dead, but who knows how long that will last, price has been absurdly volatile.

Last edited by a moderator:
just got it for :360: for $10.79..could have got the PS3 version at GS during the Power Saver Sale, but it has like a 4gb install..glad I waited!!

PS3 version sitting at $12, and says it trades in for 9.50 on amazon. With prime shipping (if you have it), thats like $2 bucks for a rental. And yet, I'm still too lazy to order this :/

[quote name='callmewoof']PS3 version sitting at $12, and says it trades in for 9.50 on amazon. With prime shipping (if you have it), thats like $2 bucks for a rental. And yet, I'm still too lazy to order this :/[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but that's assuming you play it this week. With my luck, I'll get to it in 2 weeks, and the TIV will drop to $4... :headache:

[quote name='emperordahc']PS3 now $16.83.

I think somebody's kid is playing on their parents office computer or something. :)[/QUOTE]
If I were that kid and playing a prank, I'd probably decrease the price instead.

I just beat the game today, after getting it for $15 awhile back. Pretty enjoyable, about 14 hrs long. I give it an A for effort and a C for execution, so overall a good B game.

Why is there no option for free shipping? Did anyone else get free shipping? Shipping makes the price 15$ and that is not worth it.

[quote name='garrett007']Why is there no option for free shipping? Did anyone else get free shipping? Shipping makes the price 15$ and that is not worth it.[/QUOTE]

Do you...not know how Amazon works?

[quote name='tossin']Do you...not know how Amazon works?[/QUOTE]

I got confused, everything which I purchased from amazon in the past couple of months were deals which came with free shipping. So I was not used to the super saver option appearing.

i just platted the game. fun lil game. i got for 13.50 the other day and traded back in for 9.50 so $4 rental, not too shabby. very iconic of Ico/SotC.
my grrl even mentioned as we were playing how the black ooze crawls up you as you get more injured / i.e. wander from SotC getting more pale/worn out/evil looking as you progress. this makes me hope last guardian or even SotC/Ico HD will be awesome. her and i thought it was so cool when we got down to 5% life and he literally starts growing horns and his eyes turn red flashes! hardcore. majin is awesome too even tho his der voice gets a lil old, but whatev. fun game. im liking these cheap lil distractions i.e. enslaved/etc. peace cag n thanx!

oh also, if your a trophy/achievement whore like me, 3 lil tips.

1st is get the 4 chests in the first dungeon, most are very obvious except the one at the bottom of the majin room, cuz you can't access them again and treasure hunter trophy is every chest opened, don't know if they count cuz they aren't on the map/legend but better safe then sorry. you dont wanna game 12+ hours n then missed the chests in 1st 20 minutes.

2nd is to farm the 1st boulder you find in the graveyard after you leave power center map. you walk up the hill and see 3 enemies, get majin at the boulder then trigger, 3 smashed enemies, walk to the other map then back and it all respawns. this isn't missable but much better to get it out of the way and you get experience anyway. this gets you trap master very easy.

3rd is just to wait til the last dungeon to worry bout combo/finisher/etc trophies. You can keep respawning and farming 2 groups of enemies(7 enemies each group) and just get all the combat trophies/ 5 kills in a finish (battle master) etc at this final dungeon. awesome peace out!

360 version keeps on slippin:
Please note that the price of Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom has decreased from $10.52 to $10.26 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

PS3 now $19.44. Common drop.

Just finished the demo on the 360; liked it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='emperordahc']PS3 dropped to $18.95. Hopefully more to come.[/QUOTE]
I just ordered the Xbox one, but if it drops a bit more for ps3 I may go ahead and pick it up for that system, figure out something else to do with the xbox version.

$9.94 and a Gold Box discount. Every man has his breaking point. I've reached mine.

In other news, Amazon's review/place order screen now shows an image of what you're about to buy. It's not the same as explicitly listing the platform like every other retailer, but still, no more wondering (for the sighted) did I choose the PS3 version instead of the 360 version by mistake? Welcome, Amazon, to the 21st century!

[quote name='FactionG']I'm really, really tempted to get this but... Backlog is starting to mount higher...[/QUOTE]
I felt the same way, but the question is will it really get much cheaper, and will it be this cheap again.

Maybe but who knows.

And now it's $12.99 on the 360. I guess I should have pulled the trigger earlier but I just realized that the last thing I need right now is a mediocre backlog game. If I actually waited until I finished all of my current games before buying something else I could probably get everything else I could want for $5 each used :lol:

Just finished it a few weeks ago.

My impression:
1. The game looks "last-gen." Some of the environments are just plain ugly.
2. Forgettable characters... other than the Majin, whom you will want to rip the throat from after approximately 2 hours of play.
3. Monotonous gameplay. Limited variety of enemies.
4. Easy trophies/achievements
5. Rather interesting final boss battle.

I grabbed this on Black Friday... based on the price I paid for it, it wasn't a bad game at all. However, it feels like a $15 game.

[quote name='gantt']$9.94 and a Gold Box discount. Every man has his breaking point. I've reached mine.

In other news, Amazon's review/place order screen now shows an image of what you're about to buy. It's not the same as explicitly listing the platform like every other retailer, but still, no more wondering (for the sighted) did I choose the PS3 version instead of the 360 version by mistake? Welcome, Amazon, to the 21st century![/QUOTE]
Whats a gold box discount?

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Whats a gold box discount?[/QUOTE]

Amazon offers discounts on certain products each day in the Gold Box page (Today's Deals link at the top of the page). These discounts are under Quick Picks at the bottom of the page. The products are personalized, so they're different for each person.

[quote name='gantt']Amazon offers discounts on certain products each day in the Gold Box page (Today's Deals link at the top of the page). These discounts are under Quick Picks at the bottom of the page. The products are personalized, so they're different for each person.[/QUOTE]

I see it now, I have never noticed before. Then again usually I check at a work computer that I don't log onto, or on my phone, but I still feel like a noob.

Thank you very much.

[quote name='jkimrey']Down to $9.94 for the 360 version. :)[/QUOTE]

This is the price I got it for. Interesting to see the price roller coaster this has been on.

bread's done
Back