Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom - $39.99

[quote name='rmatheso']Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom - $39.99 when you pre-order at Gamestop. Free Shipping.[/QUOTE] Is this an actual deal or are they just listing it for $39.99 at the moment? What's stopping GameStop from hiking it up to $64.99 on the release date?

[quote name='bmachine']Same price at Amazon, just in case you don't want to support the evil empire.
http://www.amazon.com/Majin-Forsake...6OYS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1289452338&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

This is the Canada forum, eh. It's listed as $59.99 on our Amazon counter-part.

And in response to Mr.'s post, nothing is stopping GS from hiking the price up on release day. They don't have any kind of 'pre-order guarantee', which is bogus, to the say the least.

Looks like a $20 price drop has been confirmed to move the title:
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/10/majin-and-the-forsaken-kingdom-gets-20-price-drop-at-amazon-ga/
So keep an eye on Amazon as well because it can still drop.

I so wanted to like this game but after playing the demo I was done. They really shouldn't have given Majin such an annoying voice. All I could hear was Barney the dinosaur. Such an annoying baby-talk script. With the price drop I may reconsider (plus it is suppose to have local co-op...something games this gen are missing).

I'm on the fence about $40 price point, the game definitely seemed interesting enough from the demo. I wasn't too bothered by Majin's voice. It was the combat that seemed kinda meh. Maybe I was playing it wrong, maybe I had the wrong impression that it's an "action" game, maybe I'm a little spoiled because I'm in the middle of Castlevania:LOS right now.

I was definitely intrigued, and will probably pick it up eventually, but hoping the lack of promotion will have this in and around the $20 mark in a year or less.

[quote name='PapaLau']I'm on the fence about $40 price point, the game definitely seemed interesting enough from the demo. I wasn't too bothered by Majin's voice. It was the combat that seemed kinda meh. Maybe I was playing it wrong, maybe I had the wrong impression that it's an "action" game, maybe I'm a little spoiled because I'm in the middle of Castlevania:LOS right now.

I was definitely intrigued, and will probably pick it up eventually, but hoping the lack of promotion will have this in and around the $20 mark in a year or less.[/QUOTE]

Im not so much interested in the combat but rather the story. If it ends up being bad Ill be deceived.

The gameplay is ok but its not groudbreaking and weve seen it coutnless times.

They're not selling this game digitally? well, good luck with that Namco =| the demo was nothing special IMO and judging from the graphics I honestly thought this was going to end up being a PSN game.

$39.99 still alot IMO.

Pre-ordered on Amazon, along with Senguko Samurai (hope Amazon restock soon), gotta love $39.99 launched games.

This game looks gorgeous. It reminds me of Folklore + ICO, both of which I enjoyed very much. I think Namco made a great decision to launch the game at $39.99 instead of $59.99 to push launch sales. They must have learned their lesson from Enslaved; Enslaved dropped from $59.99 to $39.99 within 1 month.

just like ENslaved...if they're launching at a low price/reduced within first month I can easily wait for them to fall even more to the $20 range. No point buying now for me at least

bread's done
Back