Majin & The Forsaken Kingdom - $36.99 - Newegg - PS3 & 360

Tgebbs

CAGiversary!
Sawre it in the price tracker, couldn't find it posted, sorry if repost.

PS3 - $36.99

360 - $36.99

I recall seeing that Kmart no longer has a confirmed deal for this game, so this might be the place to get it if it sparked interest.

EDIT: oh wow, holy cow. Just realized that this is only a $39.99 MSRP game (now), making this not as good as a deal as I had figured. I really thought this was going to be $60, this does not bode well.

The new msrp might be why the deal at Kmart went away. I jumped in when Amazon had it for 39, but may want told hold out now...

I enjoyed the demo quite a bit. Guess who made this game? The Folklore developers! Also, some members who were part of the ICO team. IGN reports that the game is about 30 hours long.

I guess Namco Bandai realized that not more people might by the game at launch if it just started at $40 instead of dropping less than a month later? If so... they're probably right!

Temping deal, going to think on it. Thanks OP

And here is a publisher's quandary - do you release a game at a lower price to tempt people to buy it, and then risk that they will just wait anyway and get it even cheaper down the line than they expected? I hope, in my optimistic view, that it sells well for the holidays and makes this a smart move. Me? Well, I do have a B2G1F coupon to use before the end of the year...

[quote name='earvcunanan']I enjoyed the demo quite a bit. Guess who made this game? The Folklore developers! Also, some members who were part of the ICO team. IGN reports that the game is about 30 hours long.[/QUOTE]
30 hours!? Holy shit man, I honestly didnt think it would clock in at that many hours!:shock:

[quote name='ssjmichael']I played the demo and really liked it. The Majiin's voice sounded a little stupid, but I liked the gameplay and visuals[/QUOTE]I can see his voice getting on my nerves also.

[quote name='earvcunanan']I enjoyed the demo quite a bit. Guess who made this game? The Folklore developers! Also, some members who were part of the ICO team. IGN reports that the game is about 30 hours long.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed folklore and obviously ICO speaks for itself. I may have to check this game out.

[quote name='Gaming-Module']I had no idea this game existed until this thread ... this game is probably going to be a commercial failure.[/QUOTE]

well they're not expecting to sell millions or anything..

Thanks OP. Not a huge savings, but any little bit is good to me.

I dug the demo as well, except for Majin's voice. I hope Namco provides an option for japanese dubbing, but I doubt they will.

[quote name='Fearbeard']Think I might have to pick this up...

If nothing else, just to support the $40 price structure.[/QUOTE]

You're beautiful.. and I mean that.

It's true though, I remember reading an article on kotaku that most publishers think that if they launch a game sub-$60 price point, that it ends up being received as a 'bad' or 'low quality' game. I've been following this game since it was announced as I also really dug folklore, my only problem is I really don't have any money, otherwise I'd love to get this game at launch. I may end up using some amazon credit on it though if it gets a little lower for black friday / cyber monday.

bread's done
Back