Major League Baseball 2K12 Discussion

Matt Young

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I was semi-surprised to see that there was no thread for this game. I've been enjoying it tremendously, although I wouldn't have paid full price for it due to similarities to last year's game.

I have had some glitching/freezing problems. My first MLB Today Season somehow got corrupted after I played 13 spring training games and 3 regular season tilts, so I had to start a new one. I also got a no-hitter (3 BB; 1 HBP) but the damn game froze before giving me the 80 point achievement.

Luckily, something miraculous happened: I threw a perfect game with John Danks against the Indians in MLB Today Season! Glad I got that no-hitter achievement.

Is anyone else playing this game regularly?

Yeah, everything I read said it wasn't too different from 2K11, so I just decided to stick with that. I was able to download the actual 2K12 rosters for it a couple weeks ago, so that seemed like a good way to save some money. I'm also really glad I didn't go for The Show this year, as my 60gb BC PS3 just stopped reading discs yesterday. I'm going to try to take it apart and clean the laser, but that really pissed me off. Never again will I pay more than $300 for a video game system.

I bought that thing in 2007 when the price dropped to "only" $500. $100 for each year that it worked...pathetic. I know you had a similar problem with an even newer PS3, so that's even worse. Sony can suck my balls in the future. People can say what they want about the 360, but at least Microsoft didn't price it like they were selling you gold. Yeah, wow...this post isn't even about baseball anymore, lol. Can you tell I'm aggravated? haha

Sorry to hear about your PS3. Yes, my slim PS3 stopped working twice within 3 months of when I got it, but my old Xbox red ringed twice as well before it finally died, so it's all kind of even for me personally.

As for the game, it is indeed similar to last year's, but not really any more than other annual sports games are. MLB Today Season is awesome if it keeps working, and the My Player goals are much more manageable, causing the achievements to be easier to obtain. :) It's worth the $30 I got it for.

bread's done
Back