Makai Kingdom $37.99 Free Ship @ Outpost.com

There's no preorder soundtrack available anywhere with this game. The little artbook is decent - its more pamphlet sized (and only 40 pages) , but has some decent art.

Edit: I played the full version for the OST on Game Sounds, and not too many people liked it. I'm sure it's different within the context of playing the game though.
Dave

Mine shipped last night, but I had to send like 3 e-mails to them because they billed me for the game before it even shipped and I never received my e-mail receipt. I got my receipt this morning, but I never received a reply from any of the e-mails I sent.

I don't know why other orders haven't shipped yet?

wtf, I ordered the game when this thread was first made and it's still on backorder. i didn't receive a confirmation email or anything so when i was half asleep at 2 AM this morning, i placed another order for it thinking that i had somehow forgot to check out. i created an express account this time so i can go in and track my order; today, i'm trying to log in but my account isn't coming up. i call them and the guy insisted that i only have one order until i asked him to check the shipping address and he realized i had two orders for it and the previous order was on backorder.

*sighs* i just want my makai kingdom :whistle2:(

I called them abck to find out the status of my order. They told me they received 80 preorders and only 8 were shipped. They said maybe it will be in next week, and to call back on Sunday. I promptly got a refund then drove to Fry's to get it for $1 more...plus gas.

Anyone else notice that their Outpost Makai copy is wrapped but does not have the typical PS2 seal on the top? Or am I the only (unlucky) one?

[quote name='smickerm']Anyone else notice that their Outpost Makai copy is wrapped but does not have the typical PS2 seal on the top? Or am I the only (unlucky) one?[/QUOTE]

Just about every new game that I've seen lately hasn't had the security seal. I don't know why they would change it; maybe it's a cost-cutting thing? (this includes full-on AAA Sony games like God of War!)

i was at best buy the other day and noticed that only 1 of the 7 or 8 copies of god of war that they had had the seal across the top. i wonder why they changed this?

[quote name='The_Continental']39.99 now - Still holdin' out for $20 though....[/QUOTE]

Man, that would be nice...

I do hope it takes the Phantom Brave path. I preordered it with the art book, and now I see them $20 all the time. I hope to not get burned doing that again.

It seems Makai Kingdom is $37.99 on outpost, but with no free shipping.

Fix the OP if you can, OP.

EDIT: The OP's link shows the game for $39.99. You have to add the game to your cart for the $37.99 price.

They shipped to me another game instead Makai kingdom. It ruining my friend bday present. Also, I checked my local EB & GS are out of stock for this game (only they have it Displayed copy) :(

Terrible, that is. Complain to Outpost.com you should.

[quote name='Masterkyo']They shipped to me another game instead Makai kingdom. It ruining my friend bday present. Also, I checked my local EB & GS are out of stock for this game (only they have it Displayed copy) :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='smickerm']Anyone else notice that their Outpost Makai copy is wrapped but does not have the typical PS2 seal on the top? Or am I the only (unlucky) one?[/QUOTE]
Mine didn't have the seal :cry:

I fail to understand why the seal is so important to so many people. This was discussed in the Rhapsody/Persona thread too. I don't see the point of buying a game that you're not going to open or play, but then again I don't collect sealed games.

If it doesn't have a seal then why get your panties in a bunch? The only people who are going to care about the seal are those who are anal retentive enough to know that certain titles do not have the seal on top, and they shouldn't care either.

It's stupid crap like this that raises the value of some things for "collector's purposes" which keeps games out of the hands of those who just want to enjoy them. Thankfully it doesn't happen that often.

I fail to understand why the seal is so important to so many people. This was discussed in the Rhapsody/Persona thread too. I don't see the point of buying a game that you're not going to open or play, but then again I don't collect sealed games.

I defintely care, can't really explain well, and should not have to explain why....but it is related to the newness feeling. Ask a psychologist...apparently I am not alone so I'm sure there is more info about the reasoning.

I would not get crazy pissed about a game not having a seal though.

I have a question. Would you be content with a used game CD with the top label on the CD VERY VERY scratched? It would not affect game play. If you had two choices, one perfect CD and one scratched badly on the top label would you take the perfect one? Lets say the store clerk gave you the scratched one first. Also assume you would not resell.

It is obvious people care about these little things to different degrees, or I would not have to add that last little sentence above.

I don't know what else to tell you other than that :) And to realize that people are just different and goofy sometimes.

(also, I completely understand your side of it by the way)

[quote name='BarrettSan']I fail to understand why the seal is so important to so many people. This was discussed in the Rhapsody/Persona thread too. I don't see the point of buying a game that you're not going to open or play, but then again I don't collect sealed games.

If it doesn't have a seal then why get your panties in a bunch? The only people who are going to care about the seal are those who are anal retentive enough to know that certain titles do not have the seal on top, and they shouldn't care either.

It's stupid crap like this that raises the value of some things for "collector's purposes" which keeps games out of the hands of those who just want to enjoy them. Thankfully it doesn't happen that often.[/QUOTE]

Mainly I like the seal because I dislike buying `sealed' copies that turn out to be used/returned games. This has happened to me a couple times with Gamecube games (which don't have the seal). Granted, checking for the `factory wrap' (cellophane, not shrink-wrap) will do just as well.

The big deal right now is that PS2 games have always come with the seal and now they're not, which throws people off. Makes you think that somehow you've gotten a black-market knockoff of the game or something.

[quote name='smickerm']
I have a question. Would you be content with a used game CD with the top label on the CD VERY VERY scratched? It would not affect game play. [/QUOTE]

Um. The data on a CD is stored on the bottom of the label. If any of the label comes off or even gets scratched, the CD is gone and can not be repaired.

If you start to look at all the recent print runs of PS2 games, they don't have the seal anymore. I recently got a copy of God of War and they no longer seal it at the top. Get use to it because this is how it's going to be.

[quote name='tdphillips']Um, didn't you do that? :lol:[/QUOTE]
Someone posted right above me and deleted their message.

bread's done
Back