Makai Kingdom Preorder Deal - Art Book!

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
The new SRPG in the Nippon Ichi series, Makai Kingdom is shipping on July 26th, I believe. What's weird is that I haven't read anywhere about preorder bonuses at any of the big stores, but Nippon Ichi offers a great preorder bonus themselves.

Preorder the game at NISamerica.com (Nippon Ichi's own website) and you can score a 40 page artbook, and a decal of one of the characters. That's not a bad little haul.

http://www.nisamerica.com/news/20050621.html

There's the link, the preorder campaign starts on July 1st, 2005 at 10:00 am.

[quote name='Roufuss']The guide never was a bonus... where did you hear that at?

I don't think Doublejump Books would let their 19.99 guide be given away for free, espically since they barely put out any guides as it is.[/QUOTE]

I thought someone posted in this thread that GS and EB had the guide and artbook listed as preorder bonuses.

[quote name='Roufuss']Just bumping this up, game comes out in two weeks, so get your preorders in soon.

Gamestop and EB's website are also now including the guide for preorder, too.

Guide book comes out FRIDAY, and it's made by Doublejump, so you know it's awesome. It's one guide I'll buy ASAP and won't wait for it to be pennied out.[/QUOTE]

It was this post....I read it as offering the guide as a bonus, as opposed actually preordering the guide. Stupid me. :roll:

[quote name='chickenhawk']It was this post....I read it as offering the guide as a bonus, as opposed actually preordering the guide. Stupid me. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Haha, no problem :D

[quote name='Roufuss']Haha, no problem :D[/QUOTE]

I bit the bullet and preordered this. I forgot GS doesn't charge tax so this is better than picking it up B&M

[quote name='Roufuss']Just bumping this up, game comes out in two weeks, so get your preorders in soon.

Gamestop and EB's website are also now including the guide for preorder, too.

Guide book comes out FRIDAY, and it's made by Doublejump, so you know it's awesome. It's one guide I'll buy ASAP and won't wait for it to be pennied out.[/QUOTE]

Their last two guides - Phantom Brave and SMT: Nocturne - both sold at $4.99 or $7.99 at EB and Gamestop for a while before being pennied out, so I'll take my chances and hope they do that again. I'm not sure if they will be printing the same amount of guides for MK though.

[quote name='Josef']Their last two guides - Phantom Brave and SMT: Nocturne - both sold at $4.99 or $7.99 at EB and Gamestop for a while before being pennied out, so I'll take my chances and hope they do that again. I'm not sure if they will be printing the same amount of guides for MK though.[/QUOTE]

You're lucky then - GS / EB sold out within a week of both guides, and then never stocked them again around here. EB got in two copies of the Nocturne guide, if I remember correctly.

I paid for the guide in credit, anyways, off of $66 dollars in games I only paid $30 for, so it all works out for me :D

Sure beats using GameFAQ's.

Atelier Iris is a superb game.

Anyway, I definitely plan to get Makai Kingdom, although I'm not sure how. I considered preordering the game on numerous occassions at EB, but I also thought about going to Fry's just after release, since they've put both of NIS America's games on sale for $39.99 (I wouldn't be surprised if it came with the artbook too).

[quote name='Samurai T']Atelier Iris is a superb game.

Anyway, I definitely plan to get Makai Kingdom, although I'm not sure how. I considered preordering the game on numerous occassions at EB, but I also thought about going to Fry's just after release, since they've put both of NIS America's games on sale for $39.99 (I wouldn't be surprised if it came with the artbook too).[/QUOTE]

I preordered on EB's website using the $20 gift voucher I finally got from my HSGFore purchase a couple months ago. They're also offering free 3 day shipping on the title so no need to add any preplayed games to your cart :)

[quote name='Josef']I preordered on EB's website using the $20 gift voucher I finally got from my HSGFore purchase a couple months ago. They're also offering free 3 day shipping on the title so no need to add any preplayed games to your cart :)[/QUOTE]I didn't know about that. I'll have to check that out then.:)

For the longest time, I'd just wait for games to drop to $19.99 then use my Best Buy GGC to get $5.00 off unless it was 1) a game I had to have (Zelda for example) or 2) there was some really cool promo.

I agree about Fry's. Thankfully, there's a Fry's close by and unless it's a store exclusive, say how EB got that Street Fighter 15th Anniversary Arcade Stick, they tend to have the exact same promos AS WELL as being cheaper by $10.00 to $15.00 on average the day it is released! Hell, in addition to the LE HC artbook I got with my LE Guild Wars box, Fry's had a huge poster of that Necromancer girl and mouse pad FREE as well!

I'll have to drop by Fry's today or tomorrow and make sure.

bread's done
Back