Man on 'murder mission' stabs 17 in Tokyo

will11209

CAGiversary!
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/06/08/japan.attack.ap/index.html

i hope cheapyD was not stabbed.

a man police said was on a murder mission plowed into pedestrians with a truck in a crowded Tokyo neighborhood Sunday and then stabbed 17 people in three minutes, killing at least seven in a grisly attack that shocked Japan.

Rescue workers from the Tokyo Fire Department gather to help the injured in Tokyo's Akihabara district.

The lunchtime assault -- on the seventh anniversary of a mass stabbing in Japan in 2001 -- sent thousands of pedestrians into a panic in Tokyo's crowded Akihabara district, an electronics and video game area wildly popular among the country's cyber-wise youth.

CheapyD was stabbed.

There's a big thread about it in the General Discussion board.

R.I.P.

Quick!!! Let's outlaw knives!!! :roll:

Hmmmm.... I always wondered what happened to that teenage kid who survived the second Battle Royale tournament a few years back.

Not the happy ending i expected.... :cry:

And if guns were legal there someone could have blown the guy to hell.

EDIT - Because I realize people here won't get the "joke" and reply "Then he would have shot the people!!!!"

You kill seven with a knife, if others had weapons of their own he could have been taken down.

[quote name='bigdaddy']And if guns were legal there someone could have blown the guy to hell.

EDIT - Because I realize people here won't get the "joke" and reply "Then he would have shot the people!!!!"

You kill seven with a knife, if others had weapons of their own he could have been taken down.[/quote]

Yeah if one of them had a knife they could've stabbed him...

[quote name='level1online']Quick!!! Let's outlaw knives!!! :roll:[/QUOTE]And trucks.

We need much more stringent knife and truck laws to prevent this kind of stuff from happening. You know, background checks, etc; the works.

Wait, what's the lesson to take here?

If everyone had guns, they could have shot up the oncoming truck, like an episode of the A-Team?

Or is it that we shouldn't regulate guns, because you can always still kill a bunch of people with a vehicle and a sharp object if you want?

I dunno; maybe my tolerance for strained metaphors is extremely small. There were no guns involved here at all, outside of frothing at the mouth hypothetical examples, and we can all play that game -- "The guy drove a two ton truck into a crowd and stabbed the helpless survivors and he STILL only got half the death toll the Virginia Tech shooter did!" or "We don't need guns to defend ourselves from the government; a pick-up and a Ginsu will work just fine!" -- so I really don't know what all the faux-superior eye-rolling is about.

You gotta love the divisive America that the Bush admin has worked so hard to create. 17 people get stabbed and everyone's first thought is "how can I spin this to support my policy position?"

Well whenever tragedy like this strikes by someones mal-intent, isn't it always used to try and pass law or instill policy?

Personally, I don't think outlawing knives is good enough. We need to find a way to outlaw malicious thought or violent intent. Technology just isn't quite here yet....

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Nonsense, we'll need them to fight the illuminati.[/quote]

True... True... ;)

Anyways, this wouldn't have happened if the Japanese people hadn't outlawed the use of the Evil Hadou. :twisted:

DAMN YOU AKUMA & EVIL RYU!!!!

[quote name='thrustbucket']Well whenever tragedy like this strikes by someones mal-intent, isn't it always used to try and pass law or instill policy?

Personally, I don't think outlawing knives is good enough. We need to find a way to outlaw malicious thought or violent intent. Technology just isn't quite here yet....[/quote]

I'm with you man. Freedom is slavery.

[quote name='camoor']You gotta love the divisive America that the Bush admin has worked so hard to create. 17 people get stabbed and everyone's first thought is "how can I spin this to support my policy position?"[/QUOTE]

This. And I'm totally aware that I'm not exempt.

bread's done
Back