Feedback
31 (100%)
Mana Khemia™ Limited Edition Scholarship Box Set

$49.99
Release: Late March '08
  • Mana Khemia™: Alchemists of Al-Revis
  • Soundtrack (comes with mini poster)
  • Bundle Set Box
  • Exclusive Study Hall Jess Figure (1/8 Scale PVC and ABS plastic alloy)* Limited to 1,000 orders only
  • Special Collector's Box
If I understand the site correctly, the regular retail version will just include the game and the soundtrack, with an outer box holding them. That would be similar to Ar telonico box. It is not known how much the regular retail version will be. My guess is it's probably close to $50 since there is a soundtrack included.

It is billed as a 'spiritual sequel' to the Atelier Iris series.

The japanese Premium box looks like this, costs twice as much and doesn't include a soundtrack.

I think this time NISA did a preorder right. They practically include a LE figure and a collector's box (if you call a cardstock packaging box that) for preordering early, and didn't jack up the price (assuming the retail version is $50 like Ar tonelico).

I ordered this. I'm a sucker for LE editions and this looks like a decent one. It's nice that they didn't jack up the price.

Finally! My Big Daddy figure will have someone to loom over.

Seriously though, that's pretty tempting. I wonder if I could still be one of the first 1,000.

I ordered 2, ill keep one and play and keep the other sealed since NIS stuff seems to go OOP fairly quick ill hang onto the sealed version. It seems like a very nice set for $50

Preorder and used some of my points. Even with a $10 markup this is a much better deal than some of the other LE they got

I ordered it too. I love Gust games and it's awesome to finally see NIS putting together a worthwhile LE box. I wonder why the Japanese box cost so much more?

Oh shit, they're actually doing a similar North American LE to the Japanese GUST LE's?

Hmm... chance of being in the 1,000 if you're ordered this today I think is high. Last May they were up to 2500 orders when GrimGrimoire was first up for pre-order (with bonus). Since then we've seen Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness (With pre-order bonus), Soul Nomad (With pre-order bonus), Final Fantasy Tactics (Dunno if it had a bonus but probably did), plus other nic nacks throughout the site that were probably ordered. So now we're up to 5500 seven months later and with how popular two of those three I listed are, I personally think anyone who pre-ordered today is probably safe.

In a few days I think someone should email them and ask if 1,000 pre-orders have happened yet and if so what order number was the 1,000th or what time the 1,000th pre-order happened.

http://www.rosenqueen.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=220

^^ Pretty hot, but damn, quite pricey.

EDIT: Did some poking and the lowest order number someone's given out (which was from yesterday night) was like 5300. So A safe assumption would be that the first 1,000 will be until order #6,000 to be on the safe side. That is assuming "1,000 orders" is NOT 1,000 units but actually 1,000 orders. If it's actual units, then I'd probably say you're safe up to order #5,800.

I'm disappointed that the LE won't have a paper box to hold the game (ala ar Tonelico) inside the LE Box, but regardless it didn't stop me from already ordering. ^_^

I order two of these bundles, one to play and one to offset the cost when ebay it. I'm a huge fan when it comes to NIS games. Still waiting for Disgaea 3 preorder set.

I ordered one. Based on what I've seen, it looks pretty interesting. I'm getting a preview build in the next week or so, so if I don't like it, I suppose I'll just cancel it or defer it to some CAG who isn't as fortunate.

FYI. It looks like NISA charges for the order immediately, not when it ships in March. I just got the charge on my credit card.

[quote name='eau']FYI. It looks like NISA charges for the order immediately, not when it ships in March. I just got the charge on my credit card.[/QUOTE]

Yep.. happened to me too... bleh... if it weren't so reasonably priced for an LE pack (with nice goodies), I'd probably not have gone through with it... Seems slimy to catch the cash before the ship date is even close... (I'm not a huge preorder nut, but I can remember amazon doesn't charge ahead of time, or at least they didn't use to...)

I don't think I've ever heard of an actual discount code for the RosenQueen store.

Anyways, throwing this in here as it was eaten by the other, bigger, thread:

Also, I'm hearing that the japanese game had the same problems with Playstation 3 consoles as Ar Tonelico had. Which was, save/load corruption. It's not confirmed to be fixed or still be in there yet by NIS America and they may not actually confirm it. So it may be best to play this via Playstation 2 rather than trying the Playstation 3. Though it says it's been improved since the 1.9 firmware update but obviously I don't know if that makes it any more playable.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/ps3/status/pop.cgi?item_code=SLPM-66748

Yeah, I still have like 8 virtual memory cards dedicated to Ar Tonelico... and stopped at Phase 3 for a little bit but couldn't get myself to go back because of all memory card switching. Sometimes I had to go through three memory cards just to get a single save. Really, really, annoying.

Why so many memory card saves? I just got back to Platina (might be spelled wrong). Did you miss something?

[quote name='Draekon']Yeah, I still have like 8 virtual memory cards dedicated to Ar Tonelico... and stopped at Phase 3 for a little bit but couldn't get myself to go back because of all memory card switching. Sometimes I had to go through three memory cards just to get a single save. Really, really, annoying.[/quote]

Ar Tonelico has a save glitch when played on the PS3. Basically there's a chance your save will be corrupted. The only way to guard against it is by having multiple saves. Therefore if you lose one you can reload another.

Basically if you're playing it on the PS3, make a few extra dummy memory cards to switch to easily and then every time you save, go to load from the in game menu and see if it doesn't come up as "Corrupted Data." If it does, switch to another memory card and keep trying until it saves. Make sure to occasionally format/clear those corrupted memory cards once in a while so you can reuse them to repeat the process. That's pretty much what I did.

Fortunetly it took me until around 1/3rd of the game in Ar Tonelico to encounter this but once I finally got hit by it, I got hit bad. Still playable, but it got very annoying after a while. However I could probably just go the length of the game without saving and dieing to solve this since it wasn't a difficult game really.

[quote name='Draekon']I don't think I've ever heard of an actual discount code for the RosenQueen store.

Anyways, throwing this in here as it was eaten by the other, bigger, thread:[/quote]

I got about $15 off, but it was related to points I had accumulated on the NIS America website ordering other games. If you've ever bought a game, or anything directly from NISA, or Rosenqueen now, you should have some points. In the past I had ordered the Disgaea 2 deluxe package, and Ar Tonelico. Maybe something else, but those are the two I remember.

I hope this game is good, but the bundle set looks really good.

I got the English version preview build the other day, I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Will post impressions soon!

That's strange. I never accumulated or get a notification of points when purchasing items from NIS. Considering that I'm a NIS whore. I bought Ar Tonelico, Grimgrimoire, Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness, Atelier Iris 3 and Soul Nomad. I did got a Prinny Bag which looks ugly piece of loincloth.

I got a feeling that I'm one of the few cags who will spend time playing this game.

[quote name='fatbeer']That's strange. I never accumulated or get a notification of points when purchasing items from NIS. Considering that I'm a NIS whore. I bought Ar Tonelico, Grimgrimoire, Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness, Atelier Iris 3 and Soul Nomad. I did got a Prinny Bag which looks ugly piece of loincloth.

I got a feeling that I'm one of the few cags who will spend time playing this game.[/quote] In the old NISA online store they gave you points for ordering stuff from them. Then they closed it and opened RosenQueen without a reward program. They did transfer the left over points to RQ in the form of a certificate.

Although you don't get points now, RQ apparently gives u a little free gift for placing a $10,000 order :lol:

[quote name='fatbeer']That's strange. I never accumulated or get a notification of points when purchasing items from NIS. Considering that I'm a NIS whore. I bought Ar Tonelico, Grimgrimoire, Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness, Atelier Iris 3 and Soul Nomad. I did got a Prinny Bag which looks ugly piece of loincloth.

I got a feeling that I'm one of the few cags who will spend time playing this game.[/quote]
In the old NISA online store they gave you points for ordering stuff from them. Then they closed it and opened RosenQueen without a reward program. They did transfer the left over points to RQ in the form of a certificate.

Although you don't get points now, RQ apparently gives u a little free gift for placing a $10,000 order :lol:

So this is form the makers of Atelier Iris, but not in the same series, so it stands alone... right?

I'm just now trying to get into the Atelier Iris series, so I'm not really sure if those even have to be played in order for maximum effect?

[quote name='PleasantOne']So this is form the makers of Atelier Iris, but not in the same series, so it stands alone... right?

I'm just now trying to get into the Atelier Iris series, so I'm not really sure if those even have to be played in order for maximum effect?[/QUOTE]
I think it is more like a spin off.

[quote name='PleasantOne']
I'm just now trying to get into the Atelier Iris series, so I'm not really sure if those even have to be played in order for maximum effect?[/QUOTE]

No, they are all seperate stories. Some of the characters "reappear" like Cid in FF games, but other than that you should be cool.

[quote name='62t']I think it is more like a spin off.[/quote]

Well, it's apart of Project Alchemy. I don't *think* Ar Tonelico was, which I believe was an actual spinoff. Though since most Atelier games are apart of Project Alchemy, it can be considered to be apart of the main series. Although not really related or in any of the three Atelier series.

Although I'm late, I wouldn't have bought the package anyway. I don't like how the box is huge, I couldn't care less about the statue (which I expect is all white and you have to paint yourself), and I don't like paying shipping. I'll get the standard retail version with a coupon from somewhere with a box that will go well with the other game boxes.

Also, I would have bought the print (for $300) had it been a nice looking one. Its finish was nice, but I thought the scene it showed (and the art) was lame.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']Although I'm late, I wouldn't have bought the package anyway. I don't like how the box is huge, I couldn't care less about the statue (which I expect is all white and you have to paint yourself), and I don't like paying shipping. I'll get the standard retail version with a coupon from somewhere with a box that will go well with the other game boxes.

Also, I would have bought the print (for $300) had it been a nice looking one. Its finish was nice, but I thought the scene it showed (and the art) was lame.[/quote]

It's not a paint it yourself figure, heh.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']Although I'm late, I wouldn't have bought the package anyway. I don't like how the box is huge, I couldn't care less about the statue (which I expect is all white and you have to paint yourself), and I don't like paying shipping. I'll get the standard retail version with a coupon from somewhere with a box that will go well with the other game boxes.

Also, I would have bought the print (for $300) had it been a nice looking one. Its finish was nice, but I thought the scene it showed (and the art) was lame.[/QUOTE]

Jesus Christ, there's no pleasing some people. Do you hate puppies, money, and women, too?

[quote name='Chacrana']Jesus Christ, there's no pleasing some people. Do you hate puppies, money, and women, too?[/QUOTE]
Nope, just good old sour grapes.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Nope, just good old sour grapes.[/quote]

The only thing you get extra in this LE version is the bigger box and the figure. Now that I know the figure is already painted, you can bet your ass I would have ordered the stuff, but at the time I wrote my previous post I really didn't regret being too late. BTW, how the hell can they be out of stock on an item that is to be released 2 months from now?! That's just retarded.

I still think the $300 piece is lame. I mean, did you take a closer look at that picture? Like, what the hell is with that guy's outfit/jacket? I wouldn't hang that on my wall if I got it for free. It's just embarassing.

For the record, do I like women (some, not the obese or bitchy ones), money and puppies.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']The only thing you get extra in this LE version is the bigger box and the figure. Now that I know the figure is already painted, you can bet your ass I would have ordered the stuff, but at the time I wrote my previous post I really didn't regret being too late. BTW, how the hell can they be out of stock on an item that is to be released 2 months from now?! That's just retarded.

I still think the $300 piece is lame. I mean, did you take a closer look at that picture? Like, what the hell is with that guy's outfit/jacket? I wouldn't hang that on my wall if I got it for free. It's just embarassing.

For the record, do I like women (some, not the obese or bitchy ones), money and puppies.[/quote]

Great you dont like the LE version of the game and? Why they are out of stock is they only made 1,000 of them, this was posted on their site and CAG related posted have stated as much as well.

Why are you eving complaining about the print as well, really just stop.

On a side note, I dont see why you dont like bitchy women, from your two posts here you seem to be one.

[quote name='LostRoad']Great you dont like the LE version of the game and? Why they are out of stock is they only made 1,000 of them, this was posted on their site and CAG related posted have stated as much as well.

Why are you eving complaining about the print as well, really just stop.

On a side note, I dont see why you dont like bitchy women, from your two posts here you seem to be one.[/quote]

I am not complaining about the print. I am saying that it sucks. I certainly see no reason why I should listen to you and refrain from expressing my opinions, especialy given your ad hominem response.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']I am not complaining about the print. I am saying that it sucks. I certainly see no reason why I should listen to you and refrain from expressing my opinions, especialy given your ad hominem response.[/quote]

Not trying to change the subject at all. Just saying flat out no one cares why you arn't getting it. Ok it sucks, great wonderful, it was worth posting about? A lot of people won't be buying the print. Sounds to me like you missed out on the deal, and for some reason needed to come here, and piss and moan on how it is shit, and the only real reason I am seeing is cause you couldn't get on it.:roll:

[quote name='LostRoad']Not trying to change the subject at all. Just saying flat out no one cares why you arn't getting it. Ok it sucks, great wonderful, it was worth posting about? A lot of people won't be buying the print. Sounds to me like you missed out on the deal, and for some reason needed to come here, and piss and moan on how it is shit, and the only real reason I am seeing is cause you couldn't get on it.:roll:[/quote]

+1 :applause:

bread's done
Back