Mandatory Draft starting 6/15/05

I had to laugh at Fox News this morning becasue they had this guy on there complaining about the CBS memo controversy and he said that news programs should stick to reporting facts and not offering opinions. The Fox people seemingly agreed with him although they do it all the time, more so than any other news source.

[quote name='Backlash']No, I didn't mean funded by the government. Obviously!

I don't know how it would work; it was just wishful thinking. My main point was just agreeing that the media sucks and doesn't really contain hard facts, most of the time.[/quote]

Fair enough. I suggest looking for alternative media sources if you don't like the mainstream ones. The Internet is a great source for information, provided you are careful in what you believe.

[quote name='elprincipe'][quote name='Backlash']No, I didn't mean funded by the government. Obviously!

I don't know how it would work; it was just wishful thinking. My main point was just agreeing that the media sucks and doesn't really contain hard facts, most of the time.[/quote]

Fair enough. I suggest looking for alternative media sources if you don't like the mainstream ones. The Internet is a great source for information, provided you are careful in what you believe.[/quote]

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/

Read people... Bush really hasn't anything to do with this, I believe it's been floating around for quite a while, but am not sure of the actual time this bill was presented.

In either case, it is extremely unlikely this country will ever see a normal draft again... like Reality's Fringe said, many countries have these types of limited drafts anyways.

But yeah, it's obviously the evil Bush administration trying to steal our children and have them murdered in illegal wars :roll:

[quote name='elprincipe'][quote name='Backlash']No, I didn't mean funded by the government. Obviously!

Fair enough. I suggest looking for alternative media sources if you don't like the mainstream ones. The Internet is a great source for information, provided you are careful in what you believe.[/quote]

Also, http://www.factcheck.org (not a news site, but examines political claims/commercials/speeches).

Factcheck.org is an excellent source for debunking commercials and politico-speak. They have an intermittent email that goes into specific ads. The only bad thing is, the email usually has a lot of words and numbers and tries to explain something :( so I'm betting a lot of people will never read it.

[quote name='dtcarson'] The only bad thing is, the email usually has a lot of words and numbers and tries to explain something :( so I'm betting a lot of people will never read it.[/quote] :lol:

So true :(

[quote name='dtcarson']Factcheck.org is an excellent source for debunking commercials and politico-speak. They have an intermittent email that goes into specific ads. The only bad thing is, the email usually has a lot of words and numbers and tries to explain something :( so I'm betting a lot of people will never read it.[/quote]

lol

If anyone wanted to know the Senate Bill, it's

S 89 IS

Keep in mind it's the same as HR163, but I just thought people would want to see the senator who introduced it thewre, that would be a Senator Hollings.

bread's done
Back