Manuals/Boxes

Riyonuk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
I've been meaning to ask you guys your opinions of wether you keep the manuals/boxes of your handheld games. If so, why? If not, why not? I used to but I seemed to just have thrown them away and now I kind miss not having it "complete". And is it possible, or should I not even try, to find old gameboy games new or complete?

I do, because I like having stuff like that. Also, it's pretty much the best way to display them on a shelf. I have a few loose ones that I bought used and I don't like that they're not with the rest of them.

That said, if you go trying to find complete, original Gameboy games, you're probably going to end up paying too much for them.

I absolutely keep them. I detest having incomplete/cart only games for whatever reason. Plus should I decide I don't like/want the game, I'll get a bit more since it's complete.

Ahh never though of it that way, Mike UFC. Since I only have 3 gba games, Im gonna sell them and buy them again, only this time keeping the boxes.

I only have carts plus a few manuals for my OGB. I kept them in the little plastic cases they made, and stored everything in my official black and pink Game Boy belt pack. I know I have the Link's Awakening manual, among others.

But I rather wish I had the boxes now, but back then it wasn't practical nor necessary. I would have destroyed cardboard boxes pretty easily. Same reason none of my NES games are boxed. All have manual though. I didn't start keeping boxes until the SNES when they were a little more sturdy, but mostly because they didn't include the dust covers with every game so it made sense to have something to store them in.

But since then, all my systems have complete games, minus a few GBA games I got cart-only in the last year which annoy me somewhat.

Great...I didnt even know the had manuls/boxes for Snes/nes. I hope I can find them, I only have 1 game for SNES and 1 game for NES. You should be able to know what they are ;)

I keep the boxes for gba games, but I dont have many, cos I buy most of my gba games used, and I think Ive only ever seen a 'complete' used gba game in a store once.

I always keep the boxes and manuals. I only started keeping the boxes with the Game Boy Color, though. Really wish I still had the Virtual Boy box, too.

However, I don't know how long this will last, due to space. When I get some money, I think I'll order some DS game cases and start printing covers for GBA games, then fold the orginal boxes flat and keep them in a binder or something.

And when buying used, I usually only care about boxes if it's a NES game. SNES and on, if I can get a box, great, but those are games that I want simply to play, not to collect...NES is a collection, therefore the more boxes, the better.

OT: does GS or EB games sell their Used DS games with the box?
i haven't bought any used DS game, but only for GBAs and such.

Yeah, so far i keep all boxes, even for my consoles and even accessories. whenever possible.

[quote name='topnotch97']OT: does GS or EB games sell their Used DS games with the box?
i haven't bought any used DS game, but only for GBAs and such.

Yeah, so far i keep all boxes, even for my consoles and even accessories. whenever possible.[/QUOTE]
If it was traded in with a case, they'll sell it with a case. The GBA boxes are the only ones that they seem to dispose of on their own. But inexplicably a lot of people seem to trade in cart-only DS games.

But inexplicably a lot of people seem to trade in cart-only DS games.

I know, I don't get this. EB has used blank DS cases with an EB insert as well as a jewel case to resell these. Im just wondering who the moron is who throws away the ds case in the first place. I'll never buy an incomplete game from them again though.

They dont usually throw the DS cases away. They just keep them and trade the game only. Ive done it before T_T. And why would you want to fold your gba boxes? Wouldnt they get all bent?

[quote name='Riyonuk']They dont usually throw the DS cases away. They just keep them and trade the game only. Ive done it before T_T. And why would you want to fold your gba boxes? Wouldnt they get all bent?[/QUOTE]

You don't really fold them. They just collapse. The bottom of the GBA boxes are made in such a way that you just have to push them up (into the box) and they should fold flat.

Didn't think about that, thanks for the reminder.

[quote name='zebbers']Wow.[/quote]
Hey, I've done it too. I don't see what the problem is. I have a nice minty ds cover for a future game incase I need to swap it out.

Hooray, Im not the only one guilty of it. I too use them to swap incase I buy a used ds game that has a crappy ds case. And if I fold the boxes, I'm assuming there easy to put back up? Cause Ive seen those type of boxes before and they were a pain to put back together, I ended up ripping the bottom.

I keep them, but I store my games in the custom DS cases for the GBA stuff, so getting a cart-only copy of a game is no biggie for me.

it really becoms a problem when you are approaching the 100+ titles. the more titles you have, the more the boxes tend to eat space on your storage.

of course you'll be in the dilema to sell or trade them or keep em.

Now do you guys care about the "other" manuals that come along, such as the "OMG videogames cause you seizures" or "Yay Nintendo Power", you get what I mean? Or do you just want the manual, or when you get home do you just throw those papers away?

[quote name='Riyonuk']Now do you guys care about the "other" manuals that come along, such as the "OMG videogames cause you seizures" or "Yay Nintendo Power", you get what I mean? Or do you just want the manual, or when you get home do you just throw those papers away?[/quote]

I throw those out.

[quote name='Riyonuk']Now do you guys care about the "other" manuals that come along, such as the "OMG videogames cause you seizures" or "Yay Nintendo Power", you get what I mean? Or do you just want the manual, or when you get home do you just throw those papers away?[/quote]
I don't take the effort to toss them, but I don't consider them necessary. So when used games just come with a manual and no other random papers, it's no biggie.

Hmm..I need more opinions, it seems lately I've been just taking peoples opinions and following them. Also this is for console and gba games if that even makes a diffrence.

I just recently started saving boxes. I saved a few random ones back in the day (Ocarina of Time CE comes to mind) thinking it may be worth it in the future. Now I save them for trade bait.

For GCN, I only keep the manual and toss out the other frivolous inserts (warning, Nintendo Power promotions, etc.).

For DS and GBA, I keep everything: box, manual, all other inserts. If I were to buy a used GBA game, I have to make sure the box is in mint conditon and everything is included. You'd be hard pressed to find that on ebay, so better off with trading here.

I don't know why I keep all that crap inserts for DS/GBA but not GCN. I guess when I started buying GCN games, I threw out the crap inserts so now I need to maintain consistency throughout all GCN games. While for GBA/DS I never threw anything out so I'm keeping that consistency for GBA/DS

Pretty sad come to think of it... maybe I should throw out the inserts for GBA/DS too... OH WHAT STRESS THIS IS CAUSING!!!

I wish Nintendo game packaging would be like PS2/Xbox games, no frills... just the manual and nothing else.

[quote name='grendel19']
I wish Nintendo game packaging would be like PS2/Xbox games, no frills... just the manual and nothing else.[/quote]
That might bring with it the shitty quality DVD cases too. For some reason GC cases just seem more durable (particularly compared to Xbox cases).

Dont even know why Im bringing this topic back up, I just cant decide if I should keep the extra papers that come with nintendo games (warning, NP Promotions, seizures, etc.) Would it be considered incomplete and go down in value compared to a complete one?

Reason I want to know is so when I buy used ds games wether I should worry if it came with all the papers.

[quote name='Riyonuk']Dont even know why Im bringing this topic back up, I just cant decide if I should keep the extra papers that come with nintendo games (warning, NP Promotions, seizures, etc.) Would it be considered incomplete and go down in value compared to a complete one?

Reason I want to know is so when I buy used ds games wether I should worry if it came with all the papers.[/QUOTE]
If you can force yourself to refrain from OCD, just stop, breathe, and let it go. Box and Manual, sure, but I don't think the Nintendo Power Ad or some seizure warning book is worth the hassle.

In theory, having all the inserts would add to the "value" of a complete game, given that there is a value. But essentially when most of us think of complete games, we're looking for case and manual.

If you're that worried about it, just keep them. It's not as if they're taking up any more space sitting inside the box. I keep all the inserts for that reason. I just don't care. And if I buy a used game, I don't care if it comes with the inserts. Usually that just tells me that the previous owner more than likely took good care of it, not that that's worth anything.

I do keep all my inserts, Im just worried when I buy used from CAG or other places. Maybe there should complete and super complete?

For DS I kept only the manual and the Safety Warning. The only reason I keep the Safety Warning is because sometimes if you just put the manual in the case, it is too loose. Especially a Wi-Fi game like MPH. Since it has the manual, Wi-Fi manual, and Safety Warning, cramming all those 3 causes the case holders to "stretch" so if you try to only keep the manual, it doesn't fit.

I threw away all my Nintendo Power pamphlets but now I recently just found out that you can't register DS games using the barcode on the back of the game, the Nintendo Power pamphlets have the special pin number listed on that pamphlet.

With my OCD, that killed me because I wanted to register all my games. Now I have 12 DS games, and have 5 more coming to me from that Overstock Error. The only problem is that for consistency sake, I don't know whether to toss them all too, or sell and rebuy my 12 games (which is a total waste of money), or just suck it up, register the 5 games I bought, and start keeping the pamphlets from now on.

For DS/GCN/PS2 games I just keep everything that's inside the case. I don't give a shit if there are extra papers in there and I usually don't even crack open the manual so it just stays in there.

With GBA games I take them out of the box and throw everything away. There's no point in registering the pin and the boxes get beat up pretty easily anyways. If I get a PSP or a Wii then things will probably just stay the way they are. Oh and I throw away the box that the console came in.

I started keeping the boxes a couples years ago since certain companies won't honor warranties without all of the packaging :bomb: .
And unlike some people, I also still have excess space so it really doesn't hurt to keep the boxes.

bread's done
Back