ep2011

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Newegg.com has many games for 5-10 less than MSRP. Some examples are:

Pokemon Battle Revolution - $46.99
Super Mario 64 - $27.99
Forza Motosport 2 - $52.99

There are many others. What I do is I subscribe to the Gaming Deals RSS feed. If you use RSS (Google reader is an example, or you can use Firefox, Firefox with Sage (Sage is a rss extention that improves Firefox's rss feeds) There are also many stand alone clients. The rss link is: Here

If you want to subscribe to any of the other Newegg deals visit: Here

Oh and if you don't know, newegg is the best online retailer. You will get your item in 3 days.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']not really that big of a discount, but better than nothing[/quote]
Yeah, if someone is looking for a game, and it's on there, $7 is better than nothing. (More on some games)

[quote name='Jedi1979']the shipping kills it...newegg is great for computer parts but not for games[/quote]

It's still a few dollars off inc. shipping, so its not bad.

[quote name='ep2011']Newegg.com has many games for 5-10 less than MSRP. Some examples are:

Pokemon Battle Revolution - $46.99
Super Mario 64 - $27.99
Forza Motosport 2 - $52.99

There are many others. What I do is I subscribe to the Gaming Deals RSS feed. If you use RSS (Google reader is an example, or you can use Firefox, Firefox with Sage (Sage is a rss extention that improves Firefox's rss feeds) There are also many stand alone clients. The rss link is: Here

If you want to subscribe to any of the other Newegg deals visit: Here

Oh and if you don't know, newegg is the best online retailer. You will get your item in 3 days.[/QUOTE]

Devil's Advocate:

I get my items overnight from TRU.com and 2 days from JR.com. Does that make them even bestest? It's all where you live. Newegg shipped the Guitar Hero bundle without a box...not the best to me.

[quote name='bmarquardt']Devil's Advocate:

I get my items overnight from TRU.com and 2 days from JR.com. Does that make them even bestest? It's all where you live. Newegg shipped the Guitar Hero bundle without a box...not the best to me.[/quote]

I've never had a problem with Newegg, and I've ordered about 6 orders in the past month alone. They ship it fast, and have great CS.

But your free to your opinion. Thats kinda off topic, I was just saying there a good company and you won't get ripped off/sold info, etc.

Jeez, how does Super Mario 64 DS not go down in price? It was a launch game for the system, and yet it's still practically full price everywhere. It's like the DS's Halo or something.

Sorry, semi-off topic rant there.

[quote name='"ep2011"']Oh and if you don't know, newegg is the best online retailer.[/quote]
[quote name='"ep2011"']I've never had a problem with Newegg, and I've ordered about 6 orders in the past month alone. They ship it fast, and have great CS.[/quote]

Soundin awful spam-like

[quote name='Cornfedwb']Soundin awful spam-like[/quote]

How is that spamlike? The first time I said so if people never heard of newegg, they knew it was a reputable dealer. Maybe I worded it wrong. The second time he said he had bad experiences, I just said I had the opposite.

I don't get how that's spamlike at all. If you think I work for newegg or something, I live across the country from them, so thats impossible. Explain how it's spamlike please.

---

Does someone want to lock this thread? I was trying to tell people about some semi-nice deals and it's turn really off-topic.

[quote name='ep2011']

Does someone want to lock this thread? I was trying to tell people about some semi-nice deals and it's turn really off-topic.[/quote]

One post saying you sounded like spam and it's really off-topic? All the other posts were discussing the merits of the games and how newegg ships games.

[quote name='drfunk85']One post saying you sounded like spam and it's really off-topic? All the other posts were discussing the merits of the games and how newegg ships games.[/quote]
Well the other posts were saying it was a sucky deal, so I guess no one wants to read it. It's clogging up the deal forums then. It'd be better for it to drop and better deals to be on page 1.

Edit: But I guess your right, I'm a little tired :x I just re-read the posts and only one was off topic. Sorry everyone.

I haven't ordered games from Newegg yet, but they're the most respected hardware site on the net, so it's not spam :)

I should sign up for that RSS feed. Personally the first RSS reader I've been able to stand is Thunderbird, which is the kind of the email version of Firefox. It lists RSS feeds as just normal email messages-like each update just looks like a new email, which is exactly how I want them.

I've ordered hardware from newegg and I think they're great. Only problem is I live in california so I get charged tax. Shipping is usually very quick.

I bought Zelda: TP off them when the Paypal rebate was going on earlier this year... took about a week to arrive, but it was like $37 shipped that way.

[quote name='Jedi1979']the shipping kills it...newegg is great for computer parts but not for games[/QUOTE]

Not 100% true. They do occasionally run good DS game deals with free shipping. Not often enough though.

[quote name='LanceJr']Me's a thinking
ep2011
CAG Newbie

works for NewEgg promotions.[/quote]

If he does, he is still doing things besides advertize. He's helping a bunch with the CAG Wii Tag project.

Meh, nothing great. BTW why in the world are people still selling new copies of Super Mario 64. Did they just find a box of them during some spring cleaning?

regardless, if he works for newegg. They are still a very good, very reputable site. But, their prices on games aren't great with shipping. As for Forza, it would still cost 58 shipped, 55 shipped on amazon. Mario DS 28 shipped on amazon, newegg is 33. While i'm at it..pokemon is 52 at newegg amazon has it for 50 shipped. None of these prices are cheaper than the normal price listed on amazon.
That being said, i ordered my 360 hard drive from newegg, as they were cheaper for that.

Yes. I work for newegg. I'm 14 years old and I live in florida, yet they ship from California. I go to school full time, yet I work full time for them. Yep, makes loads of sense. And yes, I have time to work on a project at CAG also. Wow! There must be 60 hours in a day for me. [/sarcasm]

[thanks doomed]

bread's done
Back