Marble Blast Ultra on gamestop.com!

[quote name='shadowkast']So...no link, no platform, no price?!?[/QUOTE]

XBLA $5

It's important to note this game was taken off unable to purchase on xbla so this is the only way to get it anymore it seems.

[quote name='jacknicklson']If they took it off of the store, what good is buying a download code?[/QUOTE]

Because like stuff that disappears on ps3 the download is likely still there, for people to redownload or if they have unexpired codes I imagine. You just can't access it or buy it from the actual marketplace.

i bought it, maybe only because it rare and you cant usually buy it. anyone know if the multiplayer still works/is active at all? a lot of reviews say thats the best part. balls....

[quote name='woodcan']Yeah, I'd be weary as I got burned by this in the past (off the marketplace and code didn't work anymore).[/QUOTE]
HOWDY NEIGHBOR
wouldnt gamestop refund you if the code didnt work? i know their CS isnt the best but you buy something that doesnt work they should refund you right?

[quote name='benjamouth']I thought the Doom codes for XBLA that GS were selling didn't work, won't these codes be the same ?[/QUOTE]

I don't think the issue was of them not working, but not being in stock. So said people who ordered never actually got a code. I could be remembering wrong though.

[quote name='bajingo']HOWDY NEIGHBOR
wouldnt gamestop refund you if the code didnt work? i know their CS isnt the best but you buy something that doesnt work they should refund you right?[/QUOTE]

When it comes to things like this, they technically have no way to prove it doesn't work. Same thing with things like iTunes gift cards. If something doesn't work, you usually have to contact the manufacturer. In this case, that means Microsoft.

This is one of my son's most played games. There are a ton of levels, and nothing feels "cheap". The techno music does get annoying after a while though.

I've had this for a while, and if you can't buy it, you're not missing much. Navigate marbles through mazes...that's it. Nothing memorable about this game.

[quote name='kidrocklive']It's important to note this game was taken off unable to purchase on xbla so this is the only way to get it anymore it seems.[/QUOTE]

Really? Granted I already have the game, but since when / why did this get taken off the marketplace?

I'm tempted to buy this right now from work but I'm a little paranoid. I currently have the trial version of MBU on my hard drive and I'm worried about that messing with the code redemption. Normally that would be fine, but with the de-listing situation everything seems kinda ambiguous here.

I had some GS credit, so went ahead and ordered it, but I got an email saying my order was 'under review". It said that some orders get reviewed to avoid fraudulent activity. Maybe this is a random check, or maybe they are planning to cancel the order. I don't know. I'll post if it goes through.

Wow, I had no clue this even got de-listed. I think it was the very first, if not one of the first XBLA games I got. I guess I should buy the DLC for it before that gets de-listed too.

Is it safe to assume these still work? I can't imagine Gamestop ran out of codes for this yet since it just got delisted.

EDIT: Took the gamble. Code works as of 8:42 am PST (I think? AZ is MT but we don't do daylight savings)

Now the question is should I buy the DLC before that gets pulled too? lol

[quote name='Chrono Gear']
Now the question is should I buy the DLC before that gets pulled too? lol[/QUOTE]

the problem is that the discription says the dlc is MULTIPLAYER maps. i havent checked to see if there is still a comminity, but paying 400 points for a bunch of maps you probably wont get to use much seems sucky. anyone who owns them please correct me if im wrong.

Someone on another forum pointed out that these codes should be fine, since a specific amount of them had already been sold to GameStop a while back. The Marketplace is a problem because it would involve new purchases of the game, and there would currently be no one to give that money to.

Both multiplayer maps have a single achievement. Seems like a cheap way to get people to buy. If I want to 100% it (I always like the ability to wether I go for it or not) I'd have to buy both. Hmm...

So I got a notice that my order status had been updated to completed successfully, but I've yet to receive a code. What's the deal?

EDIT: I checked the order status online and while it says "Open" the code was in that and I was able to redeem it. It's dumb that they never emailed me the code, but oh well.

This game is fantastic, guys. On the surface it's just a simple platformer, but it really has a lot of depth once you get into it. The graphics are staggering even by today's standards, the mechanics are addicting, and replay value is all over the place in trying to collect all the Easter Eggs (which are Easter Eggs, literally), beating all the par times, and topping your Friend's Leaderboard (although the latter is a given, I guess :p).

If nothing else, download the demo and give it a shot. If you're like me, you won't be disappointed.

[quote name='rywateska']How hard are the achievements 1-10? I like marble games but hate having to fight really hard for absurd challenges.[/QUOTE]

It's been half a decade since I played this game for its achievements. I only recall one particular achievement being really difficult. You have to find 20 hidden easter eggs spread throughout the game. You can easily find their locations via Youtube, but some of require an extreme amount of patience, luck, and a very steady hand to reach.

bread's done
Back