March 2009 - Trade 3 titles

supergrover99

CAGiversary!
There is a new flyer up on the ebgames website highlighting a few trade 3 get it free titles. They are:

Ghostbusters: The Video Game (PS3, Wii, Xbox 360)
Velvet Assassin (Xbox 360)
Splatterhouse (PS3, Xbox 360)

Games also confirmed on the list by CAG's:

Guitar Hero: Metallica (Xbox 360, PS3)
Wanted: Weapons of Fate (Xbox 360, PS3)
Godfather II (xbox 360, PS3)

It notes that there are more titles available and to ask a sales associate for more details. No mention if the TIV for the titles has to be $8 or if it is $9 now (as it has been for some other promotions).

If you guys find out any more titles please post here.

Here is a link to the flyer

http://www.ebgames.ca/graphics/pdf/promo_trade3_en.pdf

Thanks to: neksus, janlazer

Last edited by a moderator:
Metallica is on the list. I pre-ordered it because it was one of the only other $69.99 games on the list that I don't have. Plan on returning it and picking up something else, as I was uninformed of any of the other games on there.

[quote name='supergrover99']I am hoping Wanted: weapons of fate will be among them ;)[/quote]

That's on the list, too.
Can anybody recommend some games that are going to be worth playing?
He read the entire list to me and I hadn't really heard of any of them. Is Velvet Assassin supposed to be good? Is Wanted supposed to be good?
I'd really like to switch my GH: Metallica preorder to something else, seeing as I don't even have a guitar for my 360 :razz:

[quote name='neksus']That's on the list, too.
He read the entire list to me and I hadn't really heard of any of them. Is Velvet Assassin supposed to be good? Is Wanted supposed to be good?
I'd really like to switch my GH: Metallica preorder to something else, seeing as I don't even have a guitar for my 360 :razz:[/quote]

Godfather 2, if its on the list...Was checking metacritic and its getting some good scores.

If you're into exploitation for fun and profit, that is. lol.

Well for the most part my new game supply is pretty much directly related to how many games I can find to trade off for fodder...then I usually sell them once I've completed them on kijiji unless the TIV is still pretty high, so we're looking at maybe 2-3 games a month (and my jRPG obsession keeps my backlog healthy). I really just want bang for my buck and end up with games I'll enjoy :D

Mmm this deal kind of sucks. The list is really limited and nothing I found quite interesting when I phoned. What happened to the good ol' trade 3 get any game free? XD

I hope Riddick makes the list, but my backlog of games is growing, got a lot of AAA titles that I haven't even touched yet

[quote name='supergrover99']There is a new flyer up on the ebgames website highlighting a few trade 3 get it free titles. They are:

Ghostbusters: The Video Game (PS3, Wii, Xbox 360)
Velvet Assassin (Xbox 360)
Splatterhouse (PS3, Xbox 360)

It notes that there are more titles available and to ask a sales associate for more details. No mention if the TIV for the titles has to be $8 or if it is $9 now (as it has been for some other promotions).

If you guys find out any more titles please post here. I am hoping Wanted: weapons of fate will be among them ;)

Here is a link to the flyer

http://www.ebgames.ca/graphics/pdf/promo_trade3_en.pdf[/quote]

That is one weird-ass flyer. Nintendo's two iconic characters, three crappy mascots from crappy platformers, some Miis, and... uhh... Penelo from Final Fantasy XII? Huh?

I phoned and was told only a few games. Where is this 40-50 game list? Then again, my EB sucks 95% of the time...

i have never done T3G1 before but i thought it was for any game o_O
so its only for a set list of games then? hmm interesting lol

[quote name='Spades22']I phoned and was told only a few games. Where is this 40-50 game list? Then again, my EB sucks 95% of the time...[/quote]

When you go in to actually place the pre-order, you can get any game that's on the list to pre-order from, which is quite a few games. When I was in last week, they had games going into June on there.

[quote name='Xeph820']Does the T3G1 only apply to preorders or any new game?
for ex. Street fighter[/quote]

i think it's only supposed to be pre-orders (i don't work there so i can't say for sure...only from experience), but i've often gotten very nice eb staff who have done it for any game, on the list or not, that's come out in the last 3 weeks or so.

[quote name='cm matty']i think it's only supposed to be pre-orders (i don't work there so i can't say for sure...only from experience), but i've often gotten very nice eb staff who have done it for any game, on the list or not, that's come out in the last 3 weeks or so.[/quote]
oh alrite thanks

do you guys usually call them about the trade in value before u guys head over there?
or do you guys just ask them there and decide if its a good value to trade

essentially its the same thing but just takes time to get to a eb store =P

I would first recommend www.tivs.ca :)
Other than that, it's almost always a good idea to call if you're concerned.
If you do the latter, be sure to let us know what values are for what you asked about :razz:

yeah for sure.
i have checked tivs first but im not sure if the gamecube game values are updated or not lol.
do you guys think any of the gamecube games are more than $8 tiv?
on the tiv site. pokemon XD is worth $12, mario kart double dash $14, spiderman was like $9 a few days ago but its not there anymore.
and it doesn't say the updated time so do you guys think these are out of date?

i also have donkey konga 2 game + 2 drums. do you think these will trade in well? lol.. considering they were selling the drums for $1.99 lol! and how about final fantasy crystal chronicles and nfl street lol =P

thanks!

[quote name='Xeph820']oh damn really?
=[
i guess i should just sell all of them on eBay in a bundle lol[/quote]

Or list them in the Games For Sale/Trade subforum. You'll keep it in Canada, and avoid the eXtortion fees from eBay.

[quote name='neksus']That's on the list, too.
I'd really like to switch my GH: Metallica preorder to something else, seeing as I don't even have a guitar for my 360 :razz:[/quote]

Thanks for confirming Wanted. I have heard mixed things on Velvet Assassin and on Wanted. Most that have played the demo (for wanted) have really enjoyed it although admit it's not a genre revolutionizing game.

Hmm...maybe I'll have to download some demo's.

Also, eBay is a frickin rip for selling media on now. Listing fee + selling fee of what, 15%?
fucking assholes...as if they don't make enough money.

bread's done
Back