March 9th games: Yakuza 3 vs. FFXIII

ajumbaje

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Who is getting Yakuza 3? FFXIII? Both?

There is one advantage to me getting FFXIII and that's the $10 dollar amazon credit you get when you buy it. I can use that along with the GOWIII $10 credit towards Yakuza 3, but that means I won't be getting Yakuza 3 at release.

To those that have played the Japanese versions of either one, what impressions do you have of each game?

Both I am waiting to see if Amazon gets in pre-order bonuses. If not I will keep my pre-order at Gamestop.

I'm probably going to get both. I still can't figure out what kind of game Yakuza 3 is. I never played the 1st two. Wikipedia says that it's an action/adventure game, but I can't figure out if it's a fighting game w/a bunch of cut-scenes and minigames, or an open world like game, or what.

The videos I've seen are making me wish I preordered Yakuza 3 instead of FFXIII. It's FF, it'll go Greatest Hits and be available forever :\

I'm getting both eventually, but am holding out for a buy 2, get 1 free sale over the summer/early fall. If I were to get one on launch day, I'd go with Yakuza 3.

[quote name='KingBroly']Wait a damn minute. Yakuza 3 is also coming out on March 9th? WTF!?[/QUOTE]

Also news to me. Never played the first 2 but #3 does look pretty good.

I'll be getting both, but if I had to choose one to buy day 1, it would be Yakuza because it needs the support. But then I'd buy FFXIII day 2.

I havent played Yakuza 2 yet unfortunatly. The first one was very good but I dont want to play 3 before 2 so I think I will hold off on Yakuza 3 for the time being.

I've got FFXIII preordered but that's only because of Amazon's deal. If there was a deal for Yakuza 3, I'd pick that up on the same day.

[quote name='Dahk']I havent played Yakuza 2 yet unfortunatly. The first one was very good but I dont want to play 3 before 2 so I think I will hold off on Yakuza 3 for the time being.[/QUOTE]

You might wanna pick up part 2 ASAP... it's pretty hard to find already and it will only get harder.

Ill be getting Yakuza 3.

I was originally all about FFXIII, but the closer it gets to release the more I think I can hold out. I generally dont complete traditional RPGs as I lose interest after about 20 hours. However, the Yakuza series has always held my attention the entire way through. I am also holding on FFXIII because Resonance of Fate comes out the following week, which I will be picking up day one.

Is anyone else foregoing FFXIII for a game aside form Yakuza 3 (maybe Heavy Rain or RoF)?

yakuza all da way XD

besides I usually wait with ff since I know they'll always be available and are definite greatest hits titles. I'm a pretty patient person. Plus don't want to pay a lot only to be disappointed.

I will be buying both games on Day One. I have not pre-ordered either of them as I'm trying to get them at the cheapest price possible. Best Buy Canada might have FFXIII for $59.99 CAN + a $5 gift card according to this site. Yakuza 3 probably should be pre-ordered at EB just to be safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vinny']
You might wanna pick up part 2 ASAP... it's pretty hard to find already and it will only get harder.[/QUOTE]

My local Gamestop had a complete used copy just hanging around. I practically shit myself when I asked if they had one and the guy was like "yup"

Scored it for 17.xx

I really don't know much about the Yakuza games, but it's the Jap mafia... should be good.

I'll check out the demo tomorrow. The only FF game I ever liked was the first tactics, so I really couldn't care less about this one.

bread's done
Back