Mario Adventure - "The Greatest NES Game Hack of All Time"

The Dord

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I haven't played it yet, but read this write up and tell me it doesn't sound amazing...

brand new levels, powerups, items, enemies, auto-save, weather effects... insane...

Download link is at the end of the article. :bouncy:

Playing it now.

The enemies in the pipe come out regardless of if you're on top of the pipe or not. That bothers me.

Whoa. I started the first level and it was raining. Died. Started it again, and it's sunny. Died again. Started it again and it's nighttime. Pretty cool.

Shy guys walking around and can be used like turtle shells.

I'm going to burn a new NES rom disc for the Dreamcast just to play this. It's awesome so far. GREAT find.

Please post if you have any more NES hacks.. I only have three or four and they're pretty fun to play.. but this definately and easily takes the cake. I had to force myself to stop after level 2 because i'd be hooked for hours, but i'm definately looking forward to playing through this one. It's a mix of mario 1 graphics, mario 2 enemies (some of them, anyway) and mario 3 enemies and level layouts. I love it.

[quote name='Scorch']Please post if you have any more NES hacks.. I only have three or four and they're pretty fun to play.. but this definately and easily takes the cake. I had to force myself to stop after level 2 because i'd be hooked for hours, but i'm definately looking forward to playing through this one. It's a mix of mario 1 graphics, mario 2 enemies (some of them, anyway) and mario 3 enemies and level layouts. I love it.[/QUOTE]

If you want I could link you to the demos and pseudo-homebrews that were created when I was involved in an NES Programming course. Very few of the games are complete and some are quite short but some of them are actually quite impressive for what amounts to little more than a week's worth of work.

Too bad we never got that NES DDR working, though.

Nice! Has a few bugs in it...Enemies still come up through the pipes if your standing on them, the turtles throwing th e hammers 'jump' out of the screnn etc. Still a fun game and looks and plays great on a GB Micro.

http://bobrost.com/nes/games.php

I highly recommend...

Galaxxon (it's a full game, vertical SHMUP)
Grave Digger (it's a Lights Out clone)
Sack of Flour, Heart of Gold (full game, standard platformer)
Quadz (puzzle game, very interesting to try out)
Putt Putt (very simplistic mini-golf sim, surprisingly good)
Dikki Penguin in: TKO for the Third Reich (I think it's just the first stage but it's a Ninja Gaiden-esque clone that pulls off parallax-scrolling on the NES, quite a feat)

I just wish my output for the class could have been more than NES music arrangements of Green Bird from Cowboy Bebop and a remix of a theme from Beethoven's Pathetique Sonata for the NES DDR idea we scrapped. [Both available upon request]

bread's done
Back