Mario and Luigi (Super Star Saga?)RPG 3 - General Discussion & Info.

leveskikesko

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=k15eOQlOevI

21o28g1.jpg
359bt76.jpg
34hamag.jpg

Genre: RPG
Release: 2009

Looks like the same rpg madness we've come to love. The artstyle looks a bit simpler and maybe more colorful?

I can't wait!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. There's a lot more in that video than just Mario/Luigi (which I'm also excited about).

Picross 3D? WTF?

And that all too brief clip of Kingdom Hearts looked really great, too.

Mario & Luigi 3 will be amazing. M&L is by far my favorite of the various Mario RPGs from over the years, even if M&L2 was too easy and not that great.

Picross 3D... I don't know if that'll be good or not. What am I saying, it's Picross. I still haven't finished the first one, every time I think I've got all the puzzles done I check and they've put up new ones to download.

Liked the first 2 games so I'm very happy another one is coming!

Glad for any news of a new game on the DS that interests me given how few games I've bought since late 2006.

It should be. Looks like it's a regular DS game, not a download game.

There are millions and millions of DSs out there, the vast majority of support will be regular DS games, with just a few downloadable games depending on how well the DSi sells.

[quote name='bidfordun']I am looking forward to controlling Browser![/QUOTE]

Did you type that on your internet Bowser?

A lot of great looking games in 2009

Ehh, I enjoyed the first one, the second was very boring. Both had annoying gameplay mechanics, I hated the constant switching between abilities.

Yeah, the second I had a hard time enjoying. Maybe it's that the formula felt too samey, and perhaps if I played the second first I would've liked it more.

I'm still looking forward to this one though, could be very good and of course I want to play as Browser.

M&L 1 was excellent - lots of fun little things to do and all that.

M&L 2 felt like one giant dungeon crawl. I just remember getting through one place and then IMMEDIATELY playing through another. There was no break-up in the action. I don't remember many sidequests. Plus I'm already tired of baby versions of characters - get that tosh out of here. The battle system was more refined, and the dual screens weren't used in any worthwhile way.

So chalk me up for another "hope this is more like the first one" vote.

Also, while I look forward to playing with Bowser (and controlling Goombas), I wish he'd get his own game. How about a pseudo-RTS style game where you try to take over the Mushroom Kingdom? That could prove to be good times indeed.

Never got to play Superstar Saga, and if I remember right, I got really really annoyed with the final battle of PiT. I seem to remember that it took me awhile to figure out "the trick" of how to get the hits to count, and by the time I did, my DSL battery was dying (and then the battery died before I beat the final boss). It was one of the few games I didn't really feel motivated to go back and finish beating.

/tk

Glad I'm not the one who loved the first but didn't feel the second one was anywhere near as good.

A lot of games there, quite a few look sweet but a lot of shitty looking ones too.:whistle2:|

Oh yeah.

Please no hippy dippy photographers who can't figure out what their gosh-darn hilarious dialect is.

I thought Lotta Hart from Phoenix Wright was annoying enough, but that chick koopatroopa was 10x worse.

I'll agree that Superstar Saga was better, but I did enjoy PiT. It just seemed too short. If #3 is even the same quality/lenght of PiT; it will be a day one purchase.

I'm just finishing up Paper Mario and will download Mario RPG. I can't get enough of these types of games.

PiT was definitely not as good as the first, but I still enjoyed it. I also hated the last battle, took me nearly 2 hours to get through it in one long effort. I never died as I had a ton of healing stuff but it took for ever to figure out how to beat it.

I enjoyed both games, but I do have to say I definitely enjoyed playing Superstar Saga more than Partners in Time as well :)

No matter, still looking forward to this one!

bread's done
Back