Mario Galaxy 2 $19.99 at Kmart

Thanks, I saw that. Now, is stock boy a trustworthy authority on this? I'm not familiar with him.

[quote name='wargod']Has anyone tried at their local K-mart and NOT gotten SMG 2 it to ring up for $19.99?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, plenty of people. Myself included. My local Kmart rang up at 19.99 but one 12 miles away rang up at 49.99. This error, or whatever it was, seemed to affect some stores and not others.

[quote name='JP73']Yeah, plenty of people. Myself included. My local Kmart rang up at 19.99 but one 12 miles away rang up at 49.99. This error, or whatever it was, seemed to affect some stores and not others.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for confirming and saving me time from reading the entire thread. I've got 2 locals that I need to try.

Tried to go to Kmart on my way to Target today. They didn't have any SMG 2. Donky Kong rang up as $49.99. I did find Guitar Hero 5 bundle on clearance for $39.99. Not really into those, so I just left.

[quote name='JP73']Thanks, I saw that. Now, is stock boy a trustworthy authority on this? I'm not familiar with him.[/QUOTE]
He is the Associate Buyer of Video Games for Sears and Kmart. Even though his name isn't in green, he's a legitimate source.

Any deals on a Wii console with Mario Kark Wii Bundle? I've been trying to find those everywhere...I don't want the lastest version of the (no GC BC)...Should I wait for the Wii U? When is that coming out?

I finally had time to hit Kmart, and I saw 2 SMG2 on the shelf. A bit excited, I thought I hit the jackpot. Then of course, I asked for a price check...49.99. Looks like no 19.99 for me =(

[quote name='skateraXVIII']You lucky duck, just the fact that you were able to find Metroid Prime Trilogy is amazing in itself. I would suggest picking it up even if it were $50, considering you can't find it cheaper than $80-$100 new online (ebay or amazon)[/QUOTE]

Ha, yeah, I've heard they're pretty rare now, so I was shocked to see so many of them. I'd definitely grab it if I didn't have it already :) I can probably grab them next week if anyone's looking for a copy.

[quote name='wargod']Has anyone tried at their local K-mart and NOT gotten SMG 2 it to ring up for $19.99?[/QUOTE]

SMG2 and DKR both 49.99 at my kmart guess ill be waiting a little longer for both.

[quote name='ShockandAww']The SMG2 for $20 is apparently a price mistake that'll be fixed by Sunday. So if you want it get it now.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this. I had been waiting til friday to get my check and hit Kmart to check for SMG2. I ended up going this morning (sat) and saw 2 copies with stickers that read 19.99 in the glass case. I asked the employee for a copy and when he went to ring up the game, it rang up 49.99. He was confused, tried it a couple times, called for a manger to over ride the price. He apologized for the problem and having to wait for an over ride. While we were waiting, he picked up a print out and was studying it...he then says 'oh, I see why it's ringing $49.99, it's here on the adjustment sheet.' He said he was literally just handed that paper not 5 minutes before I asked for the game, and it's all price adjustments he has to make in his department, and that game is due to be marked back to 49.99. He thought that was odd for a game to be marked up, especially that much. I just played dumb, and he said don't worry it's still stickered at 19.99 so we'll get it for you at that price, and shortly after that the manager arrived, punched in his code and I was able to get the game for $19.99. seems like I got there just in time!

So anyone else who actually had this ring $19.99 earlier in the week, can we confirm it's officially dead now? I was just going to try a couple more Kmarts. :whistle2:(

Yup, looks like the deal is tits up. Oh well, at least i got one. Hell of a deal. Wish i could have gotten one more as a gift and one for the guy up there that asked. Unfortunately, my Kmart had one and subsequent trips to other Kmarts had them ring up at 50.

[quote name='JediKiller24']I can confirm this. I had been waiting til friday to get my check and hit Kmart to check for SMG2. I ended up going this morning (sat) and saw 2 copies with stickers that read 19.99 in the glass case. I asked the employee for a copy and when he went to ring up the game, it rang up 49.99. He was confused, tried it a couple times, called for a manger to over ride the price. He apologized for the problem and having to wait for an over ride. While we were waiting, he picked up a print out and was studying it...he then says 'oh, I see why it's ringing $49.99, it's here on the adjustment sheet.' He said he was literally just handed that paper not 5 minutes before I asked for the game, and it's all price adjustments he has to make in his department, and that game is due to be marked back to 49.99. He thought that was odd for a game to be marked up, especially that much. I just played dumb, and he said don't worry it's still stickered at 19.99 so we'll get it for you at that price, and shortly after that the manager arrived, punched in his code and I was able to get the game for $19.99. seems like I got there just in time![/QUOTE]

Wow, thats pretty lucky. I had the same thing happen to me years ago with a DS game, where Kmart put it on clearence and then moved it back to the original price. Were you able to pick up both of them or just one?

[quote name='Link927']Wow, thats pretty lucky. I had the same thing happen to me years ago with a DS game, where Kmart put it on clearence and then moved it back to the original price. Were you able to pick up both of them or just one?[/QUOTE]

I probably could of/should of asked if I could get the second copy, but I originally went in with the hope of getting one copy for myself, so when I saw them in the case, I had just asked the employee for one. I was just glad he was so willing to continue to pursue the over ride after he discovered the price adjustment on his print out.

[quote name='JediKiller24']I can confirm this. I had been waiting til friday to get my check and hit Kmart to check for SMG2. I ended up going this morning (sat) and saw 2 copies with stickers that read 19.99 in the glass case. I asked the employee for a copy and when he went to ring up the game, it rang up 49.99. He was confused, tried it a couple times, called for a manger to over ride the price. He apologized for the problem and having to wait for an over ride. While we were waiting, he picked up a print out and was studying it...he then says 'oh, I see why it's ringing $49.99, it's here on the adjustment sheet.' He said he was literally just handed that paper not 5 minutes before I asked for the game, and it's all price adjustments he has to make in his department, and that game is due to be marked back to 49.99. He thought that was odd for a game to be marked up, especially that much. I just played dumb, and he said don't worry it's still stickered at 19.99 so we'll get it for you at that price, and shortly after that the manager arrived, punched in his code and I was able to get the game for $19.99. seems like I got there just in time![/QUOTE]

wow wasn't that nice of Josh
excellent way to use this site Josh

[quote name='donut']wow wasn't that nice of Josh
excellent way to use this site Josh[/QUOTE]

I think it's a little soon to be jumping to that conclusion. Granted, if that is the case though, I will agree that's pretty shitty.

Went to my Kmart two days ago, they had a few copies of both DKCR and SMG2. Had them ring it up and it came out as $49.99 and that was that.

bread's done
Back