Mario Golf: World Tour 3DS $29.99 Physical

that is the regular price 29.99 and as been for awhile but best buy is usually one the last place to update the prices before the games release. it like a placeholder price. walmart, target, and other retailers had the 29.99 price for at least a month now.

My mom stabbed my dad once. He staggered out into the night and moved to Puerto Rico where he's with a retarded woman half his age and a pet pigeon names Esmeralda.

:eek: nice price but not a golf fan. Might wait for a Kirby sale.

Apparently the demo is coming this week (at least on the European store.)  Hopefully it will hit the U.S. store this week as well.  

Also, in Europe they're giving you Mario Golf (GBC) via the Virtual Console if you buy it before the end of the month.  

They may do something like that in the U.S. as well, but no word on that yet.  

Can't believe they are making Mario Golf on 3DS and not WiiU.  I have 0 interest in this on 3DS, but had they done it on WiiU CORRECTLY utilizing their WM+ I'd have been all over it.  Oh well....... Kirby will be fun I guess.

Does best buy price match with a pre-order guarantee? I literally preordered kirby on the 12th and I knew it was $5 more than Amazon but I had $25 in Best Buy Reward certificates that expired ON the 12th and that's the only thing I want before smash bros   (preordered mario golf on amazon cuz of the $29.99 and I had $13 in amazon points). But will best buy only charge me $34.99 (minus my $25 gift certs) when all is said and done or am I out of luck at $39.99?

Not really a fan of golf, so I'll wait until it's really cheap to try it. Hopefully it's better than the 3DS Mario Tennis, at least.

Does best buy price match with a pre-order guarantee? I literally preordered kirby on the 12th and I knew it was $5 more than Amazon but I had $25 in Best Buy Reward certificates that expired ON the 12th and that's the only thing I want before smash bros (preordered mario golf on amazon cuz of the $29.99 and I had $13 in amazon points). But will best buy only charge me $34.99 (minus my $25 gift certs) when all is said and done or am I out of luck at $39.99?
I can't imagine any scenario other than the game ringing up at $35 when you pick up the game and check out.

Can't wait for this game. I loved Toadstool Tour on Cube. This sounds like that with more, online play and Mii RPG-like stuff. I'm going to play this for months until Smash Bros comes out. 

Can't believe they are making Mario Golf on 3DS and not WiiU. I have 0 interest in this on 3DS, but had they done it on WiiU CORRECTLY utilizing their WM+ I'd have been all over it. Oh well....... Kirby will be fun I guess.
I see what you're saying about Motion Plus but at this point I don't think Nintendo needs more confusing titles that work better on Wii Motion Plus and ignore the Game Pad. Also, Mario Golf is really good with just the right button presses. Adding motions would throw everything off IMO.

I still get the feeling this game is going to be crap, like Mario Tennis 3DS before it. I'm waiting for reviews, and then will GCU it if it's decent. I suspect scores in the 70s... Is there even time for games that score in the 70s?

I still get the feeling this game is going to be crap, like Mario Tennis 3DS before it. I'm waiting for reviews, and then will GCU it if it's decent. I suspect scores in the 70s... Is there even time for games that score in the 70s?
If it appeals to you, yes. Mario Golf is one of my favorite franchises so I'll play it regardless. I also got Darksiders 2 for Wii U despite it getting scores in the 70s and now it's one of my favorite action games. There are also a lot of games that got good scores that I didn't like.

If it appeals to you, yes. Mario Golf is one of my favorite franchises so I'll play it regardless. I also got Darksiders 2 for Wii U despite it getting scores in the 70s and now it's one of my favorite action games. There are also a lot of games that got good scores that I didn't like.

Part of this post makes me sad. Do we have to rely entirely on what the review aggregate sites say to decide what is worth spending our time on?

I can understand using reviews as a way to make an informed decision about a product that you are curious about buying, but just looking at a number on a site and saying that it couldn't possibly be worthy of your time because the number is between 70-79 makes me sad.

I see what you're saying about Motion Plus but at this point I don't think Nintendo needs more confusing titles that work better on Wii Motion Plus and ignore the Game Pad. Also, Mario Golf is really good with just the right button presses. Adding motions would throw everything off IMO.
Normally I'd agree with you and berate Nintendo for not including a WM+ controller with the WiiU. I still think that they should have, but given how many people owned a Wii, and how big that fad was, I don't think there's much threat regarding a split userbase or anything the way there would be with a bunch of Circle Pad Pro or Kinect games. I can see why they didn't include it.

Still, it wouldn't necessarily have to ignore the Gamepad. I think that BS where you lay the gamepad on the ground to see the golfball is insanely stupid, but I'm sure they could've done something. I know buttons are far better for accuracy, but personally that removes nearly all the appeal for me.

I suppose if I see the game for $10 somewhere I will give it a try if it's half decent. But given how much I've hated past Mario sports titles, I don't think I'm willing to invest anymore than that.

Part of this post makes me sad. Do we have to rely entirely on what the review aggregate sites say to decide what is worth spending our time on?

I can understand using reviews as a way to make an informed decision about a product that you are curious about buying, but just looking at a number on a site and saying that it couldn't possibly be worthy of your time because the number is between 70-79 makes me sad.
Personally, I have less free time to play games than I ever have, meanwhile the sheer number of AAA greats we've gotten this gen has been staggering. Not to mention the must play games that are still coming (SSB, Arkham, ect) I can totally understand ignoring games that score that low if time is at a premium. Sad but that's the way it is.

Last edited:

Yes, we do have to rely, at least to some degree, on those scores! As the person above me has stated, many of us have less and less free time than we used to, and so we have to use that time wisely. I threw up a preorder on Best Buy with GCU, but I'm ready to cancel it because if it's not brilliant - there are so many brilliant games to play instead. And I LOVED Mario Golf on the GBC, and the earlier Camelot-developed Hot Shots. I'm still addicted to the current Hot Shots games, too. So some Mario Golf in that vein sounds great, but it better be meaty!

I understand the concept of being limited with the amount of time to spend on games, but an aggregate 70 game could be a 90 in one person's book and a 50 in another's.  To me, it's more important to see what the reviews say rather than the score that is given.

Regardless, it sounds like the demo is coming to the US 3DS store next week.  

Sounds like there is going to be a lot of online tournaments arranged by Nintendo.

http://mariogolf.nintendo.com/tournaments/

Being a big Hot Shots and Camelot golf fan, I'll more than likely give this a go for the $24 after GCU.  If I don't get a ton out of it, I'm sure that my daughter will.  

Do pre-order prices autoadjust?

I've had Kirby Triple Deluxe Pre-ordered since it was announced.. now it's $5 less.

Will I get the Discount, should I re-preorder?

I used $20 worth of My.BestBuy points to pre-order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope there will be more to do in this game than Mario Tennis on the 3DS. Tennis was really fun, but online was lacking and there wasn't much of a single player mode.

bread's done
Back