Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) $44.99 @Ebay thru Newegg

Hey, just a heads-up; if you register Mario Kart 8 with Club Nintendo, the free game you choose will count for full points in the Deluxe Digital Promotion. I just learned that today; Pikmin 3 is (apparently) currently listed in the eShop for $59.99, so you'll get a free 599 DDP points, which is good for a $5.00 eShop credit and 1/5 of the way toward another. Bear in mind that you'll only have access to this promotion if you bought a Wii U Deluxe set during the console's launch window.

I exploited.. took advantage of... partook in an offer Target had in mid-June, which knocked $15 off the purchase price of any game $40 and up when buying one of their one dollar preorder cards. Combined with price-matching Amazon's price of $48.78, I got Mario Kart 8 for $35 (before tax) two weeks after release. That's two full AAA Nintendo games, 150 Club Nintendo coins (about a $4 value), and $5 in eShop credit. While you probably won't find another offer this good before the free game promotion ends later this month, it's a pretty good value no matter what you're paying.

Hey, just a heads-up; if you register Mario Kart 8 with Club Nintendo, the free game you choose will count for full points in the Deluxe Digital Promotion. I just learned that today; Pikmin 3 is (apparently) currently listed in the eShop for $59.99, so you'll get a free 599 DDP points, which is good for a $5.00 eShop credit and 1/5 of the way toward another. Bear in mind that you'll only have access to this promotion if you bought a Wii U Deluxe set during the console's launch window.

I exploited.. took advantage of... partook in an offer Target had in mid-June, which knocked $15 off the purchase price of any game $40 and up when buying one of their one dollar preorder cards. Combined with price-matching Amazon's price of $48.78, I got Mario Kart 8 for $35 (before tax) two weeks after release. That's two full AAA Nintendo games, 150 Club Nintendo coins (about a $4 value), and $5 in eShop credit. While you probably won't find another offer this good before the free game promotion ends later this month, it's a pretty good value no matter what you're paying.
that promotion is good on all deluxe wii u's. i just bought one 2 weeks ago, a mario/luigi u combo and it had the ddp promotion with it.

Oh, is it? Huh. I guess Nintendo changed their mind, or I misunderstood the terms of the promotion. Well, that's even better then; a free five dollars for (almost) everyone!

When do u need to register the game for a free code by? I already got windwaker when I bought the game during release but might create a separate club Nintendo account and register this one for Pikmin then flip on eBay making my Pikmin 3 hopefully about 10 bucks

You have to register it by the end of July. Do you mean that you already bought and registered Mario Kart 8, and are considering buying a second copy just to get Pikmin? If so, yes, making a second account would work... Though the current sign-up process may require a street address and/or Nintendo Network ID. Ideally, you should find someone you trust who is willing to register the game to their account for the coins, then give you the Pikmin code.

Oh, is it? Huh. I guess Nintendo changed their mind, or I misunderstood the terms of the promotion. Well, that's even better then; a free five dollars for (almost) everyone!
whats even better is the $200 refurb wii u's straight from nintendo (actually brand new) also count as DDP and include a free copy of NintendoLand with a CN card. If you get a good deal on MK8 buy 3 or 4 copies and get all the free games (create sub accounts for the extra copies) and then use the $15-20 you get in DDP cash to get Luigi U, basically a DLC for Super Mario U which you get free.

If you trade your extra copies to Best Buy you can use the GCs to buy Nintendo eShop cards, I wish they would have a eShop sale on MK8 for $40, would make it easy to trade away my last remaining copy that I play with and just convert to digital. MK8 and Super Smash are two games I'd always keep on my Wii U.

Right after E3 was a great window to jump into Wii U, get brand new one one for $200, get PAID $44 to buy 4 copies from Target and trade into Best Buy, get 4 free games + 2 more, $20 eshop cash, and platinum Club Nintendo status.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newegg shit the bed on my transaction. I ordered yesterday, then they submitted a cancellation to eBay stating that I "did not agree to their terms", and I got an email stating the item is cancelled due to backorder, even though it's listed on eBay for sale right now. They haven't even refunded my money  :headache: I'm sure it will be a big headache to get the $$ back. What a waste of time. 

bread's done
Back