Mario Kart DS CHEATERS!!!

jdevlin7756

CAGiversary!
So, I've been playing along pretty well winning about as often as I loose on the wifi matches in Mario Kart DS. Every once in a while somebody does something in the game that makes me suspect them of cheating (like instantly reappearing in front of me after I knock them off a cliff) but I don't know if they are just that awesome.

Today I played a guy with 376 wins and ZERO losses. He is so fast that before I am a quarter of the way around the track he is almost finished with the first lap. Every blue shell I send didn't even slow him down.

Have people already figured out how to cheat at this game? If so, then I want my money back because I bought this game to play online. WTF. If there isn't a way to cheat then what the heck is going on?

I appreciate your thoughts, sorry if this is a repeat subject.

I didn't know if he was just a GOD on the game. After I was sure he was cheating I turned off the DS (and cursed at it)......

The real point here is that the game isn't any fun if people can just cheat. It takes forever just to get into a match. Once I've waited I don't want to quite just because some lame loser wants to cheat.

If you buy an online game you're going to have to expect such people. You might as well not buy any new or old online game just in case you run into the occasional cheater. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

I don't know, WOW does a decent job of shutting down cheaters. The point that really pisses me off is that Nintendo probable can't do anything about it without recalling all the games. Just because people are dillwads doesn't mean I have to be happy to grab my ankles for them.

you said it yourself, he's way ahead of you, finishing the lap before you do, a single blue shell is not going to slow you down.

i still don't believe people are cheating online. sometimes there just isn't any explanation for someone handing you your ass in that game.

[quote name='asianxcore']you said it yourself, he's way ahead of you, finishing the lap before you do, a single blue shell is not going to slow you down.

i still don't believe people are cheating online. sometimes there just isn't any explanation for someone handing you your ass in that game.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes it may be true, but I've seen exactly what he's talking about. Now, I'm not the greatest, and I've gotten my ass handed to me fair and square. But last night I was playing a guy, and I would get red shells and hit him when he's right in front of me, then all of a sudden he just appears in front of me. At first I just thought it was lag, but he kept disappearing and reappearing on the screen, so it made me a little suspect. But even despite that I still like playing WiFi, because it's challenging, and it's more gratifying getting a win against another human.

I think that I've witness cheating.....but what can you do? I could care less about my ranking. There are enough people out there that want to have fun and learn to get better, that I'm enjoying it plenty.

[quote name='jdevlin7756']I don't know, WOW does a decent job of shutting down cheaters. The point that really pisses me off is that Nintendo probable can't do anything about it without recalling all the games. Just because people are dillwads doesn't mean I have to be happy to grab my ankles for them.[/QUOTE]
well nintendo isnt charging you any fees for online play.

[quote name='62t']well nintendo isnt charging you any fees for online play.[/QUOTE]

True..... And I do still enjoy the game. I just wish other people could hand me my ass in an honest fashion.

I faced someone like that with about 300 wins and 4 losses. The prick snaked to the finish line and literely sat there with a red shell and waited for me to catch up then shot me with it and crossed the line. I just quit right there.

[quote name='megaseadramon']I faced someone like that with about 300 wins and 4 losses. The prick snaked to the finish line and literely sat there with a red shell and waited for me to catch up then shot me with it and crossed the line. I just quit right there.[/QUOTE]

Makes you wonder what sort of sad and pathetic lives they must have, to get their jollies from crap like that :lol:

[quote name='megaseadramon']I faced someone like that with about 300 wins and 4 losses. The prick snaked to the finish line and literely sat there with a red shell and waited for me to catch up then shot me with it and crossed the line. I just quit right there.[/QUOTE]

That's messed up. Kind of humorous, but I'm sure if it happened to me, I'd have been pissed.

I've actually seen a few cheaters. I've seen someone with a power jumps that send them them across the map, another person had invisibility on the whole game. And I would be surprized if one of the people I played had unlimited boosts. sadly there is no way to report these people and what really sucks is that if you know their cheating you can't do anything and If you quit the game you get -3 added to your score.

Well....I royally suck. I really do. I think I have lost *every* match I have played, and usually come in last. BUT....I still enjoy the game! The fact that it is completely free makes a huge difference to me....I'm not about to buy a game *and* pay subscription fees. I guess Nintendo was thinking of people like me when they designed the service!

I've wondered about cheating too---but lets face it, that's probably few and far between. It's probably mostly cases of people who "snake" well and know the maps really well--those shortcuts make a huge difference.

Do I think it sucks when people are unsportsmanlike? Sure. But still, it's just a little racing game---there's no money on the line, it doesn't affect what kind of "character" you build....it's just a ranking.

Just my 2 cents....but as I said, from a guy who always loses ;-)

I played some guy yesterday who was like half a lap ahead of me. I stopped my kart and noticed he stopped right before the finish line also. I have no idea what he had planned but I turned my kart around and started going backwards till I reached him. I obviously couldn't see if he had a shell or was backwards or something though.

While it is true that Nintendo isn't charging for their online service, a large part of their marketing for this game is based on the fact that it is online. If they let the online community become a shithole of cheaters like Halo 2 it would defeat the purpose of online play.

[quote name='CapAmerica']If you quit the game you get -3 added to your score.[/QUOTE]

I think it only gives someone a loss if they disconnect at a certain point, for example if you are racing 1 on 1 lose the 1st three races the points will be 15 for you and 30 for your opponent so you won't win overall even if you win the last race so if you disconnect after the 3rd race is over you'll still get a loss.

I had a guy just last night after losing 2 races 1 on 1 against me leave as the results were being tallied up for the 2nd race. Didn't give me a win and I think it may be because it was possible that he still could have tied it up if he won race 3 & 4.

The worst part about this is that we did a cup before this with 4 people total as we went into the last race me and this guy were tied for 1st place. I pulled ahead near the end of the race but got hit by 2 red shell one after the other and ended up getting 2nd which is ok as that's how things can happen in Mario Kart but to then have this same guy that got a win over me then leave not to get a loss from me after I out raced him 1 on 1 on 2 races showed abit less class then your average disconnector IMO :D

[quote name='bil4ltool']While it is true that Nintendo isn't charging for their online service, a large part of their marketing for this game is based on the fact that it is online. If they let the online community become a shithole of cheaters like Halo 2 it would defeat the purpose of online play.[/QUOTE]

When it comes to cheating online I think that in just about (if not every) online game cheating is going to happen whether it's free or not to play online. Phantasy Star Online Version 2 on the Dreamcast was a good example of this (NOL anyone?) And while I haven't played the GameCube or or Xbox versions of PSO I'm sure they have had plenty of problems with cheating. You can only hope that they can keep the cheating to a minimal amount with online games nowadays with as many people that play online that only care about getting the win no matter how it's done.

[quote name='Ecofreak']I'm curious how you cheat on a console game unless you exploit bugs in the game itself.[/QUOTE]

I'm kinda wondering that myself. Gameshark-esque cheating?

first of all there is no way to cheat. The gameshark only load save data, and does not help during game paly.

From what people here described they encountered someone who is really good at snaking. Just because someone is better than you doesnt mean he or she is cheating, although the people that waited at the finish line are not right either.

Edit: if you want to play aganist a hacker go here
http://gscentral.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=764&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
not to be confuse with cheater, hacking is playing non online tracks and so on.

I haven't seen anyone do well enough yet on MKDS that I though they must be cheating. I've had afew people that I felt got around the track faster then me so I don't think I would normally beat them unless I had some luck with the items but never really more then afew seconds ahead. I don't think I have even seen anyone get ahead on Wario Stadium far enough to think they hopped the wall as I've heard some people here say you can do so just as you could on Wario Stadium on the N64. I had one guy that pretty much blew everyone else away even sat at the line the one race on me just to mess with me but I think he was just about as good at snaking as a human being could be as he was using Dry Bones/Dry Bomber his record was also about 354-6 but as fast as he got around the track it seemed believable to me that he earned that record without disconecting every other race as not to rack up losses. Another guy in this same game was good but left has not to ruin his 100-0 record with a loss.

I don't even use a gameshark or a codebreaker or anything like that myself but I know that's what people used to cheat on PSO. If people can figure out a way to cheat on Mario Kart DS I would guess that it would be with the use of a GameShark or a cheat device like it. I'm sure it would be alot harder if even possible to do something to give you an unfair advantage though against others playing WiFi MKDS as it is not like PSO at all with all the stats, items that can ajusted or put onto a save file.

[quote name='62t']first of all there is no way to cheat. The gameshark only load save data, and does not help during game paly.

From what people here described they encountered someone who is really good at snaking. Just because someone is better than you doesnt mean he or she is cheating, although the people that waited at the finish line are not right either.

Edit: if you want to play aganist a hacker go here
http://gscentral.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=764&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
not to be confuse with cheater, hacking is playing non online tracks and so on.[/QUOTE]

That is really cool. That is not cheating but there is no doubt someone is going to use that same method to cheat - if it isn't already happening.

[quote name='Mono`']How is it even fun to cheat fair game is way better and more satisfying.[/QUOTE]

You have to understand that some people are very sad and pathetic. I still know of a lot of people who will join WarCraft 3 games to leave and screw everyone else over.

bread's done
Back