Mario Kart Gamecube Bundle out now ($99 at BestBuy)

CaptainSniffy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
81 (100%)
I was in my local BestBuy at lunch (Bellevue, WA), and saw that they had the MarioKart Gamecube bundles on sale for $99. The surprise was that it included two controllers!

Edit: Peeps have asked about the color. The Cube and controllers are somewhat silverish, with a hint of gold. I'm not sure if that qualifies as "platinum" or not. And as to the packaging, you can't miss it. The box is bigger (to accomodate another controller), and the little plumber is plastered all over the box.

[quote name='el bobo']This is a must have for anyone that doesn't have a GC yet...[/quote]

Definatly, any who skips on this deal is either retarded, or broke.

I wonder if this means that Mario Kart will be going to PC and dropping down in price soon?

Nah, probably not until after Christmas, anyway.

[quote name='Zincdust']I wonder if this means that Mario Kart will be going to PC and dropping down in price soon?

Nah, probably not until after Christmas, anyway.[/quote]

I'm guessing it will.

I'm actually considering trading in my old GCN if it comes with another controller. $50 for a new cube, extra controller and MK:DD is pretty damn good.

[quote name='help1']maybe the old GCS will be clearanced... at 40!!![/quote]

It didn't happen with the Prime bundle, it won't happen with this one.

[quote name='Hush']Will they get this bundle @ Gamerush?[/quote]

Most likely, yes. It should be everywhere.

[quote name='cyberlian']what color is the cube its self?[/quote]

I remember seeing the packaging as the Platinum GCN, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, does the game come in the same packaging as retail versions or is it different? Looks like a tempting deal to get a third GCN.

If it's platinum, then that really is tempting. New system, platinum, extra controller, and MK for $50? Hrmmmm.....

I hope the OP wasn't mistaken about the 2 controllers. Hopefully if someone goes out and buys one, they can report back.

I remember buying my SNES in a similar bundle with SNES, two controllers, Super Mario World, and Mario Kart, with a bonus Mario All-Stars.

[quote name='radjago']I remember buying my SNES in a similar bundle with SNES, two controllers, Super Mario World, and Mario Kart, with a bonus Mario All-Stars.[/quote]

Good luck getting a good bundle like that these days. :lol:

[quote name='radjago']I remember buying my SNES in a similar bundle with SNES, two controllers, Super Mario World, and Mario Kart, with a bonus Mario All-Stars.[/quote]
I've got that same bundle somewhere. Too bad the console's changing colors. Nasty.

if you can get this game from TRU, then you could get the free 10 dollar gift certificate and use it to buy a green tag 19.99 game.

[quote name='Trakan']I hope the OP wasn't mistaken about the 2 controllers. Hopefully if someone goes out and buys one, they can report back.[/quote]

I take back what I said. The OP edited his first post. Looks like I am getting this tomorrow or Thursday if my BB has it.

wow 2 controllers ? I think I'm going to pick this up then. But I'm sure frys or some other place will run a deal that you get some bounus when you buy this console.

Well, I am not exactly sure, but I googled the Mario Kart bundle to get a pic of the box, and it looks like the UK gets the Zelda bonus disc also. Looks like their might be multiple color choices, but who knows for the US.

MKBundle.jpg

[quote name='Trakan']Well, I am not exactly sure, but I googled the Mario Kart bundle to get a pic of the box, and it looks like the UK gets the Zelda bonus disc also. Looks like their might be multiple color choices, but who knows for the US.[/quote]

Looks like the box mentions only one controller. So do we miss out on the Zelda disc but get the 2nd controller?

[quote name='Sway'][quote name='Trakan']Well, I am not exactly sure, but I googled the Mario Kart bundle to get a pic of the box, and it looks like the UK gets the Zelda bonus disc also. Looks like their might be multiple color choices, but who knows for the US.[/quote]

Looks like the box mentions only one controller. So do we miss out on the Zelda disc but get the 2nd controller?[/quote]

Good point, I'm not sure. Maybe if the OP sees this, he can confirm if its the same box or not.

If the American version comes with the Zelda disc it is an incredible deal since that game alone sells on ebay for over $50.

[quote name='Goodtone']If the American version comes with the Zelda disc it is an incredible deal since that game alone sells on ebay for over $50.[/quote]

It won't go for that much if the US version comes with it. :?

That box picture looks like its for the European market only. What I saw at BestBuy is a rectangular box, not square. And it said right on the box that it came with two controllers. The store had about a dozen of these on display, as well as some of the new PStwo's. The Mario's splattered all over the box looks mighty familiar, though.

He saw the box........

OP, you didn't see any Zelda crap on there? Oh well, fantastic deal nonetheless.

I realize he saw the box, but I would rather have it confirmed officially.

I really want this so I don't wanna get my hopes up. But I do know that gamespot ran a rumor control article concerning this bundle, and they did state that there would be an extra controller. I can't find the link right now, but I rememeber reading it. Yeah it seems like I'm contradicting myself I know but 1 person vs. various news sources is hard to swallow. But if it turns to be true, GOOD LOOKIN' OP

I just found out that The Mario Kart bundle for Europe that comes with the Zelda disc (pictured above by Trakan), already came out in Nov. 2003...............too bad for us........

[quote name='Goodtone']I just found out that The Mario Kart bundle for Europe that comes with the Zelda disc (pictured above by Trakan), already came out in Nov. 2003...............too bad for us........[/quote]

Okay that's both good and bad. Bad that we don't get it, but good that we know what to expect now. People in the US were able to get the Zelda Collector's Edition way easier than the UK. We could get it by registering games and in a bundle. The UK could only get via the Stars catalogue. Looks like we get an extra controller, which IMO, is as good.

[quote name='-Never4ever-'][quote name='el bobo']This is a must have for anyone that doesn't have a GC yet...[/quote]

Definatly, any who skips on this deal is either retarded, or broke.[/quote]

It's a great deal...but I'm still waiting for another price drop. Plus, I'm torn between the GC and the PS2 as a second system. I'm leaning toward the PS2, only because I have nearly 50 PS2 titles I've accumulated over the past year just waiting for me to play...

I nearly stocked up on GC games during the TRU sale, but I ended up spending enough on nine Xbox games and three PS2 games...

Jeremy

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='radjago']I remember buying my SNES in a similar bundle with SNES, two controllers, Super Mario World, and Mario Kart, with a bonus Mario All-Stars.[/quote]

Good luck getting a good bundle like that these days. :lol:[/quote]
I'd probably pay about the same I did back then, which is ~$150 IIRC.

Two controllers and a top game. Very tempting. Maybe if it's $70 on Black Friday somewhere. (Don't know how likely that is, though.)

[quote name='wubb']Two controllers and a top game. Very tempting. Maybe if it's $70 on Black Friday somewhere. (Don't know how likely that is, though.)[/quote]

At that point, I might have to get a GC for the GF for XMas, since she keeps eyeing mine with the GBA Player attached.

When does the new Zelda come out... I want to buy the system, but I'm worried that that system life might not be long enough for me to enjoy the gamecube..

Zelda is tentactily scheduled for next year. There are plenty of worthwile gamecube games out there to justify buying it for $100 with all the goodies of the new bundle.

Not to mention RE4 this January of course. Yeah, it'll be out for PS2, but why wait? And Metroid Prime 2 as well. Gotta have that. Go get folks.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Definatly, any who skips on this deal is either retarded, or broke.[/quote]

Amen. Gamecube rules.

bread's done
Back