Mario Kart GameCube Bundle w/free Star Wars Arcade $99.99

NintendoFanGirl

CAGiversary!
UPDATED DEAL-See new post on pg 2 for new bundle offer

Walmart.com has some GameCube bundle options worth checking out:

Player's Choice Bundle $133.78 includes:
GameCube system including Metroid Prime bundle
Memory Card 1019 (or 251, deduct $10.10 from the price)
Choice of Player's Choice game (see list)

Super Mario GameCube Bundle $169.98 includes:
GameCube system including Metroid Prime bundle
Memory Card 1019 (or 251, deduct $10.10 from the price)
Choice of Mario game (Paper Mario, Mario Party 5 or Mario Kart DD)

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product_listing.gsp?cat=79048&path=0:2636:79047:79048

Just did the math, basically that's a free player's choice game for the Player's Choice Bundle. Looks like Mario Golf, Animal Crossing and Mario Sunshine are the only PC games from the list worth getting.

Thanks for the tip. One of these days I'll end up pulling the trigger and buying a GC...

Jeremy

all these new bundles are so tempting, but i think owning a 3rd GC is overboard.

[in the background, ps2 and xbox owners are saying] owning just 1 GC is overboard. LOL!

I really do not understand why people are waiting to get a GCN for $50... the system will be dead at that point.

For $99 you get 2 controllers and Mario Kart DD... this is a better deal than the original NES action set!

I'm just waiting for a decent deal for the PS2....why is it taking so long for this system to hit $99?

i'm kinda keeping an eye out for a nice PSTwo bundle myself. the bundled game has to be worth purchasing the hardware, not just a bunch of crap-o-la they usually throw together. just make it one-quality game, not 4 to 5 junks.

wouldnt the gamecube mario kart bundle with 2 controllers be cheaper than all those bundles above? metroid prime is like $20 new and a memory card will run you $30 before coupons for the 1019 one...

we had a gamecube-traded it in- gc just plain sucks. nothing online, if it;s a good game, more then likely i can pick it up on my ps2 or shytbox- i hate mario. i'll wait till it gets like the dc, used for 14.99

[quote name='Indiana']I really do not understand why people are waiting to get a GCN for $50... the system will be dead at that point.

For $99 you get 2 controllers and Mario Kart DD... this is a better deal than the original NES action set!

I'm just waiting for a decent deal for the PS2....why is it taking so long for this system to hit $99?[/quote]

im waiting for the same reason you are waiting for ps2 to be 99.... my liking of the games on the system are worth that much... and so what if its dead? the gaems arnt online , so it doesnt really matter....

[quote name='help1'][quote name='Indiana']I really do not understand why people are waiting to get a GCN for $50... the system will be dead at that point.

I'm just waiting for a decent deal for the PS2....why is it taking so long for this system to hit $99?[/quote]

im waiting for the same reason you are waiting for ps2 to be 99.... my liking of the games on the system are worth that much... and so what if its dead? the gaems arnt online , so it doesnt really matter....[/quote]

I'm waiting for help1 to make a readable and value added post. Noone has your tastes.

I'm waiting for the Mario Kart: Double Dash bundle to be available on Amazon.com so I can use my free $100 gift certificate courtesy of AOL.

[quote name='sying'][quote name='help1'][quote name='Indiana']I really do not understand why people are waiting to get a GCN for $50... the system will be dead at that point.

im waiting for the same reason you are waiting for ps2 to be 99.... my liking of the games on the system are worth that much... and so what if its dead? the gaems arnt online , so it doesnt really matter....[/quote]

I'm waiting for help1 to make a readable and value added post. Noone has your tastes.[/quote]

It makes sense if you put effort into some critical thinking instead of flaming. GCN is a single-player based system, or at most a split screen, non-online experience, so regardless of when he gets the system he will still get the fantastic experience. ONline based games that lose their following will lose all purpose if there is nobody to play with, etc.

It's a lot safer to wait for GCN instead of PS2 or XB

The Mario Kart bundle is an awesome deal. If I didn't have a GC already, this would be the time. I just wish the bundle was available in Jet Black.

The Mario Kart bundle should be on Amazon by the end of the week. They are expected to arrive before the 20th(and TRU stores will have them next week, possibly this week but I doubt it),so they'll be up around then.

ha, this is almost like getting a GCN for free...

at Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.. Double Dash is $50, and the controllers are $24.99...

Ok, so at $99 the GCN comes with one controller, that's still a $75 value free, pretty amazing...

at worst you could get a sweet trade-in deal at Gamestop or EB probably since MKDD is still $50 retail..

Did the Mario Kart Bundle come with a $15 coupon towards Game Cube games? Media Play and Fryes show this in their ad , but Target and others don't. If so what are the details of the coupon?

It's available at bestbuy.com, circuitcity.com and amazon.com/tru.com now:

bestbuy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...uId=6915065&productCategoryId=cat02163&cmp=++
circuitcity http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Nint...sem/rpsm/oid/112903/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
amazon/tru http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0006FHB3I

Here are the stores that are selling the 2 controller bundle:
Target
Wal-Mart
K-Mart
Best Buy
Circuit City

Here are the stores that are selling 1 controller and a $15 gift check to be used ONLY towards a GameCube game:
Toys R Us
EB
Gamestop
Game Crazy
Sears

Jesus for $100 you can get n amazing system, 2 controllers and a great game too? Seriously, everyone should run out and buy a gamecube if you don't already have one. It boggles the mind how this is not the best selling nextgen system...

[quote name='spyhunterk19'][quote name='Tricky']I bought the Mario Kart Bundle at Super Walmart yesterday.[/quote]
you went into walmart... [-X[/quote]

I went to the local Super Walmart yesterday and bought the Mario Kart Bundle. I did not open it because it is a christmas gift.

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl']...and get Star Wars Arcade and a demo of Rebel Strike for free[/quote]

While I love my GC, please don't let this Star Wars Arcade inclusion sway you towards purchasing the system. It (the demo disc) is total, utter and complete ass.

I grabbed this demo disc on the basis of getting the arcade game packed in and I cannot play it -- I'm not sure if it is emulated or recreated, but either way it plays horrendously and performs even worse.

Also, the demo is strictly ground-based play in Rebel Strike, widely acknowledged the worst part of the game.

This is just shovelware designed to tempt people with a "more is better" mindset. Don't buy into it. Just go to WalMart and grab your MK:DD with the two sticks and rejoice.

You still get a $15 gift check when you purchase the bundle from EBgames.com, so I don't know why you would necessarily sway people away from ordering it from them. Besides, who really wants to support Wal-Mart. :?

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl']You still get a $15 gift check when you purchase the bundle from EBgames.com, so I don't know why you would necessarily sway people away from ordering it from them. Besides, who really wants to support Wal-Mart. :?[/quote]

so youre saying that if i buy the bundle from ebgame.com, i can get a $15 gift check and then also get the $30 rebate?...

[quote name='menewbe']so youre saying that if i buy the bundle from ebgame.com, i can get a $15 gift check and then also get the $30 rebate?...[/quote]

The $15 gift check is inside the box. It is a promo from Nintendo. The $30 gift voucher rebate is a promo from EB.

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl']You still get a $15 gift check when you purchase the bundle from EBgames.com, so I don't know why you would necessarily sway people away from ordering it from them. Besides, who really wants to support Wal-Mart. :?[/quote]

Well, what I did say was:

[quote name='Fanboy']please don't let this Star Wars Arcade inclusion sway you towards purchasing the system[/quote]

If people get jazzed that the system comes with the SW disc and buy it strictly for that reason, rather than thinking that the bonus disc is never going to be anything greater than future-landfill, they will be very disappointed.

The EB deal is fine and dandy, and I don't care whether people spend their money at EB or BB or GR or CC or any other set of random letter pairings. I have no connection or affiliation with any store. Just trying to help people to avoid the heartache I had to endure.

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl']It's available at bestbuy.com, circuitcity.com and amazon.com/tru.com now:

bestbuy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...uId=6915065&productCategoryId=cat02163&cmp=++
circuitcity http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Nint...sem/rpsm/oid/112903/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
amazon/tru http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0006FHB3I

Here are the stores that are selling the 2 controller bundle:
Target
Wal-Mart
K-Mart
Best Buy
Circuit City

Here are the stores that are selling 1 controller and a $15 gift check to be used ONLY towards a GameCube game:
Toys R Us
EB
Gamestop
Game Crazy
Sears[/quote]

Frys has the gift check pack

I would buy one, but you see, my friends would ratehr play halo 2 or something, my brother is at college and I hate singlepalyer (with the exception of GTA) and someone is gonna say,"just try it!!!" adn to be honest im tempted ( i have 350 aside that will sit there for a long time) but the fact is I used to have GC with 5 games and stuff, sodl it for XBOX halo 2nd controller and some extra credit (30) and im very happy because im a huge online gamer... just that the thing is that I will have a hard tiem getting XBOX 2 or ps3 when they coem out, so im gonan save for that, maybe ill buy GC for my b-day, or maybe I will but hl2 when I buy my new comp in the summer.... decisions....

[quote name='PrinceNeil']Does it say on the box that there's a $15 gift check inside? And when did they start putting these $15GC ones out?[/quote]

There are only 2 bundles, one with two controllers and the other with one controller and the gift check. I don't know if the box actually states it but I guarantee there is a gift check inside. Just in case you needed to verify, the UPC code for the one with the gift check is:
0004549694153-6
Both bundles came out at the same time.

[quote name='FrankySox']does anyone know if MK:DD is going to drop in price. I'm so upset cuz I just got a Prime Bundle about a month ago.[/quote]

Such a sweet box...

Wanna trade/sell it? PM

Edit for clarity: I meant the box from the bundle, not the Gamecube itself.

bread's done
Back