Mario Kart Red DS Pics (56k Meltdown warning)

blackcracker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I picked up my Mario Kart DS Bundle today and some Hori extendable stylus's. I paid 110.00 for everything. I took advantage of the $5.00 Halo's at Good Guys. The staff was really cool and returned my Halo at full price (everything was still shrink wrapped)! To top it off the travel kit it is free at EB (with DS purchase).

Mario%20DS%20bundle%20001.jpg

Mario%20DS%20bundle%20002.jpg

Mario%20DS%20bundle%20004.jpg

Mario%20DS%20bundle%20005.jpg
Mario%20DS%20bundle%20008.jpg

Mario%20DS%20bundle%20009.jpg

Mario%20DS%20bundle%20010.jpg

Mario%20DS%20bundle%20012.jpg

Mario%20DS%20bundle%20013.jpg

Mario%20DS%20bundle%2008.jpg

[quote name='greyzieoriental']i wish i had that red one instead of my teal one[/QUOTE]

I wish I had that red one instead of my silver one.

I think I may pick this up once I get some cash, then give my old DS to my sisters. A question to the OP: Does the Mario Kart game come in the normal DS Game case that it usually does in the store, or is it just the cart? That's the only problem I have if it's just cart (and instructions).

Wow, that looks nice! I thought it had a white bottom, but this looks sweet too!
My bro wants one of those too.

Thanks for the pics blackcracker.

I think the lack of a game case and the red will prevent me from picking this up.

On a side note, I'm surpised they two-toned it ( then again, I don't have much exposure to the DS in general, let alone the non-silver colored ones). That doesn't sit well with my design tastes... if they ever make a black DS, I'd hope the entire casing were black.

Wow a lot nicer then I was thinking it would be! I wish I had waited a few months and got this one instead. The stickers are a nice bonus too- even if they are a bit silly looking. :p
Thx OP!
As for no game case? I think you can order them from nintendo for pretty cheap.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I think I may pick this up once I get some cash, then give my old DS to my sisters. A question to the OP: Does the Mario Kart game come in the normal DS Game case that it usually does in the store, or is it just the cart? That's the only problem I have if it's just cart (and instructions).[/QUOTE]
Looks like it's just the cart in a cardboard sleeve from the picture.

:( my DS bundle had no decal pack. EB told me I have to wait a week or so because they only have enough to cover the PO. maybe nintendo will send me one

The game comes in a cardboard sleeve (super lame). The unit is two-toned as you can see. The bottom is silver but actualy does not look that bad ( I like silver). The red casing is cherry red (read: bright).

If anybody know where I can buy a DS case for my game that would be great.

nintendo needs to give us the option of sending away for a hard case and cover art for these versions...i hate that the nintendogs best friends is in the sleeve

That DS travel kit was free with DS purchase?
how come i didn't receive on today when i picked up my markio kart bundle??

looks great but i'm not too happy that a game case isn't included, definitely should have given the option to order one just paying shipping, like they did for the latest simpsons box set...

I went to EB today and got mine. I was not even aware of the free travel kit. Then one of the other guys that was working and was not helping me was like dude tell him about the free travel kit. I got talking to the person that was helping me and he said that he was going to buy it but I got the last one. I think that is why he was being somewhat mean. I stroll in their with 45 mins till closing and ask for the red mario kart ds bundle the same one he was going to buy in 45 mins.

What color is the bottom portion of the DS? Could you take a photo of that please? I would of gotten one of these a week ago but have been broke.. XD

Hard to tell by the pic, so I have to ask: is this a solid red or a kind of reflective red (like what the electric blue DS is)?

Go to TRU and ask someone in the RZone to see if you can snag one of their Mario Kart DS display boxes. They have tons at all my local TRUs and they're usually pretty cool about it if you buy something. Maybe try telling them it didn't come with one in your bundle. I got a couple empty Nintendogs cases a little while back cause I wanted all 3 cases on my shelf. It'll be the same as a normal case except it says for display only on the art.

yea i got the nintendogs bundle, best friends version comes in carboard with instructions and registration card, went over to TRU tonight and asked if they had any extra cases i could buy from them and the lady said i just threw away a couple of those, and she reachhed in the trash and picked out like 3 mario kart ds display and gave them to me, i said are you sure its ok? and she said yea and i thanked her couple of times and left

went home and put the cardboard sleeve on the outside and the instructions and games on the inside, only thing that looks bad is that there is no backing to it cuz the carboard sleeve doesnt have a long enough folding to go around without messing it up

[quote name='Nogib']Hard to tell by the pic, so I have to ask: is this a solid red or a kind of reflective red (like what the electric blue DS is)?[/QUOTE]

It is solid red (not flaky metalic like).

Thanks! It's titanium isn't it? =/ That's kinda lame :(

(I saw that you said it was silver but at the time I didn't see any pictures that showed the bottom which is why I asked)

I picked this up yesterday at GS with the free accessory pack and I like the DS but the decals are soo disappointing, they are so cheaply made. I like the MK charm but Im affraid that if a leave it with the strap, it will eventually scratch my DS. But its all good.

[quote name='Quigoni']What color is the bottom portion of the DS? Could you take a photo of that please? I would of gotten one of these a week ago but have been broke.. XD[/QUOTE]

Okay only talking about the touch screen part of the ds.
It's red on the top part and the bottom is sliver where the game's and battery are that is sliver so it's kinda two tone.

[quote name='Graystone']Okay only talking about the touch screen part of the ds.
It's red on the top part and the bottom is sliver where the game's and battery are that is sliver so it's kinda two tone.[/QUOTE]

Its all red except for the bottom battery/serial# area.

This bundle was too cool for me to resist. I already have a blue DS w/MKDS, but the collector in me decided to pick up the bundle online @gamestop.com. It was actually cheaper for me to do mail order since the shipping was less than my state sales tax and gamestop.com went ahead and used UPS 2day at no extra charge even though I selected value shipping. Got it yesterday.

Didn't come with a travel kit, but no biggie.

Yea, I picked mine up today at EB and it didn't come with a travel kit. I called them and asked and they said they didn't have an offer like that going on. Oh well :whistle2:(

Just picked mine up at Walmart. Theres a dead green pixel near the bottom. That makes me sad. Hows Walmarts policy on dead pixels? It doesnt bother me much, yet.

[quote name='SadieDee']Yea, I picked mine up today at EB and it didn't come with a travel kit. I called them and asked and they said they didn't have an offer like that going on. Oh well :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

They do, it was on the Black Friday ad. Offer expires 12/1 today. I cant find the link at their website anymore but you might want to bitch them out.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']They do, it was on the Black Friday ad. Offer expires 12/1 today. I cant find the link at their website anymore but you might want to bitch them out.[/QUOTE]

thank you SOOOOOOOOO much man!
I just went back to EBgames today and asked for my free travel kit.. first the guy said there was no such promotion, but the lady next to her pointed him out what the promotion was :)

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']Just picked mine up at Walmart. Theres a dead green pixel near the bottom. That makes me sad. Hows Walmarts policy on dead pixels? It doesnt bother me much, yet.[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiousity, was it there from the very first bootup? Also, how long till you actually noticed it? I'm loving my DS so far, but the dead pixel thing has me worried that I've missed one and I'll notice it after the return policy expires and I'm "stuck" with it (pun intended)

Man I didn't get anything free when I bought the DS? :(

But today I tried to get some official touchscreen protectors (I know what pelican's ones do from my SP experience) and they had none. A Nintendo Rep was there and she gave me two for free. She said they aren't quite as good as the retail ones but its what she puts on the store display models. I also got some stupid third party Gameboy Micro faceplates that are very crappy and are scratched up, good thing I saved the reciept.

Wish I didn't have a silver and blue one already. :cry: Oh well might have to spoil myself.

[quote name='blackcracker']II took advantage of the $5.00 Halo's at Good Guys. The staff was really cool and returned my Halo at full price (everything was still shrink wrapped)![/QUOTE]
Why is no one giving this guy shit for ripping off Target by returning Halo 2 LE he bought from Goodguys?

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Just out of curiousity, was it there from the very first bootup? Also, how long till you actually noticed it? I'm loving my DS so far, but the dead pixel thing has me worried that I've missed one and I'll notice it after the return policy expires and I'm "stuck" with it (pun intended)[/QUOTE]

You can only see the dead pixel on dark backgrounds. The start up is light and cant see it. I noticed it while playing after a few minutes. I wasnt looking at the touch screen much because I wasnt use to two screens. Its starting to bug me. I'll be exchanging mine tomorrow, hopefully. Tomorrow I'll turn it on in the parking lot to check.

I though the system was going to black on the bottom instead of silver. I think black would have looked better..

bread's done
Back