Mario Kart Wii $39.99

How does Dell do shipping? Just comes right to your door? Is it free? I didn't see a charge for it. I just don't want to get hit with a charge when it gets here.

Thanks,

[quote name='BiweeklyAaron']How does Dell do shipping? Just comes right to your door? Is it free? I didn't see a charge for it. I just don't want to get hit with a charge when it gets here.

Thanks,[/QUOTE]
I pre-ordered SMBB from dell and it was delivered right to my door on the day after the game came out. They ship using Purolator so it was quick.

"Expected Availability Date of May 18th 2008"

I hope they're just using a general date to cover their rears, as the North American release is April 27th, right?

hmmm i wonder why it says expected availibility may 18th cause the release is suppose to be April 27th. Anyone know if Best buy or futureshop price match on preorders ? cause i dont wanna wait till the 18th to play this.

on launch day go buy it at a store.
when ur dell copy arrives, return it to the retail store.

VOILA, a new copy on launch for 39.99!

Hmm, the link doesn't even work and I can't find Mario Kart on their site anymore. Did anyone else order it from Dell, and did they ship it yet or what?

[quote name='Icetron']Hmm, the link doesn't even work and I can't find Mario Kart on their site anymore. Did anyone else order it from Dell, and did they ship it yet or what?[/quote]

"Dell's promo is back till april 18 08!"

I think mine arrived today, but I wasn't home. Soooo I'll have to go pick it up from Purolator tomorrow.

[quote name='Icetron']Hmm, the link doesn't even work and I can't find Mario Kart on their site anymore. Did anyone else order it from Dell, and did they ship it yet or what?[/quote]

Link has been dead for awhile. Some people who ordered got theirs shipped but it appears to be back-ordered.

Purolator ?? I was hoping they wouldn't ship with a Courier. They are so god damn inconvenient if you aren't home. "Oh, we can come by your work. We'll be there between 8am and 5pm". Piss off. I'm not even at work for that long. And if you want to go pick it up in this city, you need a car, because they are so far out of the bloody way, buses don't even go by there except during rush hour, and then it's only 1-way.

[quote name='eday_2010']Purolator ?? I was hoping they wouldn't ship with a Courier. They are so god damn inconvenient if you aren't home. "Oh, we can come by your work. We'll be there between 8am and 5pm". Piss off. I'm not even at work for that long. And if you want to go pick it up in this city, you need a car, because they are so far out of the bloody way, buses don't even go by there except during rush hour, and then it's only 1-way.[/quote]

I was surprised at Purolator shipment myself. I had to think about what it was that I'd have gotten that would ship with Purolator.

Luckily, the location I have to pick it up from is a minute drive from where I work.

This is what my order says now..

"Estimated Ship Date: 04/29/2008
Currently one or more items are not available. Every effort is being made to complete your order."

Picked up my copy from Purolator today after work. I'm in Ontario, and I ordered the game the first time they had the sale if anyone wants to know.

I just called Dell and they said the item was out of stock and on backorder. I didn't bother to find out when they thought they'd be getting more in, I just cancelled the order because I wanted to pick it up this weekend.

I called Wed. (05/02) and the reponse was stock due 05/18. Also, the CSR kept saying the release date was 05/18?!?

[quote name='Icetron']This is what my order says now..

Currently one or more items are not available. Every effort is being made to complete your order."[/quote]

Same message for me. However, I am in no rush since i already have a huge backlog of games that need playing :)

[quote name='Icetron']This is what my order says now..

Currently one or more items are not available. Every effort is being made to complete your order."[/quote]
I have the same thing, irritating. But I wouldn't be playing it anyway. It's GTA4 time.

I did the Mario Sonic Olympic from FS to EB trade and canceled my dell order. It's definitely worth the little bit of extra effort, and costs the same (minus travel that is)

[quote name='magiic']haha my mario kart has an estimated ship date of april.9 no typo[/quote]
My GTA4 from Dell had a ship date of April 14. Their system sucks. They shipped it 2 days after release day, luckily I bought a copy on the 29th for my brother and we're playing that one.

[quote name='ahzdeen']I did the Mario Sonic Olympic from FS to EB trade and canceled my dell order. It's definitely worth the little bit of extra effort, and costs the same (minus travel that is)[/quote]

Thanks, I did this today. :)

Dell is notorious for delaying orders, even for larger companies like Ebay, they'll send it when they're good and ready. At the price I'm paying for it I can wait.

Thank goodness I opted to 'wait' to get Mario Kart only to get it with trade-ins on the second day of launch.

But jokes on me since I can't find time to play it. :(

bread's done
Back