Mario Kart Wii with Wii Wheel Availibility Tracking

[quote name='cagfansub']Say.. what is good about this game?

Is this better than Super Smash Bros?[/quote]

It's good. But it's not "Smash" good. Then again, is ANY Wii game better than Smash? Mario, maybe, but the list gets VERY short after that.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Not sure if someone has posted this here yet, but I work at Gamestop and we were advised to tell people that we will not be getting any more Mario Karts with the wheel included. The only way for people to get the wheel is separate.[/quote]

In the same vein, the Target that is closest to me has told me to watch for the ones with the wheel to go on clearance sometime before September. Just a heads up.

[quote name='vherub']I wonder what the bottle neck is?
Games, cases, manuals are pretty standard.
The wii wheel itself is widely available.
That leaves the oversize packaging itself as the culprit. Either the making of the package, the process of packaging or the logistics of delivery/storage.[/quote]

Sorry to essentially hijack this thread, don't mean to run up my posts, however:

When I was trying to find it, I spoke to a Best Buy employee who said his store only ordered so many because they could only store so many and didn't want to clog up the shelves.

I was at my parents' over the 4th and my aunt was complaining about how she couldn't find this... I didn't even know this was hard to find until my aunt told me she couldn't find it... I told I had seen one in town at Pamida... they had 4... I would've been a hoarding jerk and grabbed the other 3 if I'd known they were "rare"... nah, not really... :p

Thanks for the heads up, st00ge. Just placed my first order from there. Researched a bit and it looks good. Hope it works out :)

UPDATE: BOTH ARE NOW LISTED AS OUT OF STOCK! Liongames still has them available.

wherehouse.com and secondspin.com (both owned by Transworld) also have used copies of it for 39.99. Secondspin.com also has a free shipping code FS76 which ends tomorrow. For some reason they charge CT sales tax of 6% which kills the deal for me.

If you don't want to sign up for an account on those sites, you can go to amazon and do a search for mario kart wii and click on other sellers. Both of these are listed as amazon merchants and are selling it at the same price but you have to pay for shipping. The seller ratings are very good so I would probably take a shot at it but I have no idea if it comes complete with game, wheel, manual, box, etc..

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Phokis']Thanks for the heads up, st00ge. Just placed my first order from there. Researched a bit and it looks good. Hope it works out :)[/quote]

No problem, Many CAGS have ordered from that site. Tony (the owner) is a good guy. You won't have any issues.

check BJ's Wholesale Club. I picked mine up from there yesterday and they had a lot of them. (I'm in Jersey City, NJ)

[quote name='st00ge']No problem, Many CAGS have ordered from that site. Tony (the owner) is a good guy. You won't have any issues.[/QUOTE]

I ordered yesterday, but the order was cancelled today, by Tony at Lion Games because he could not get them in from his distributors. Got a refund though which was nice.

[quote name='Nomi13']check BJ's Wholesale Club. I picked mine up from there yesterday and they had a lot of them. (I'm in Jersey City, NJ)[/quote]

cool, i'll need to check out my BJ this weekend

Yes. Target will have MKW Sunday 7/20 With a 5GC I believe. Pretty sure that's what the invoice said. I'll confirmed it once I double check it. Not sure how many are each store is getting but should be 7/20. The Wii and the WiiFit is on the front page or so the invoice said.

I have a question. I just bought x Mario Kart Wii Bundle(s) yesterday at Target.com through Amazon checkout. But I highly doubt, Target will put up $5 Gift Card promotion for the next week 7/20-7/26. My question is, do you think Amazon or Target will honor the Gift Card if you bought those game before?

Circuit City finally emailed me about having MK Wii in stock, only to have it gone in the 3 seconds it took me to click on the link? Or did it come and go before they even sent the email that it was back in stock? Starting to get tired of looking.

the tracker on the walmart website actually works, you can search if any local walmart store has it and call in to get one hold for u. :)

It looks like several used copies (incl. the wheel) are available at secondspin.com for $39.99 +tax +shipping. Price was $69.99 yesterday l:cold:

I didn't know this game was this much of a pain in the ass to find. Then again, that explains why I haven't seen any copies since launch.

Glad I have mine though, preordered it and got it first day. Great game and I hope everyone who wants one gets it soon. :)

Thanks Zushi for the Gamestop tip.

I'm seeing a lot of used copies on their site for $39.99. I just called around whenever one showed up in stock. (That's how I got mine today.) I didn't pay the extra $14.99 for the wheel though, or I would end up paying more than I would for a new copy. I got the wheel at Walmart for $9.99 (or I could order it online and ship it to my local Walmart for free).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fatez']they will be in-stock on amazon august 7th... it's back ordered now but you can still add it to cart on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list..._7?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1217533730&sr=8-7[/quote]

I added it to my cart but it wouldn't let me checkout even though it said "Order Now". It was automatically moved to my saved cart. :roll: I just ordered in from Gamestop and got free shipping. Still had to pay tax though.... dumb government....

hmm wow that was gone quite quickly. they dont even have the add to cart option anymore. i guess it was getting hammered. maybe check back on august 7th to see if amazon really do get in more.

I'm just wondering. Has anyone done business with venture bridge electronics? My girlfriends mom went through there because she couldn't wait on me to get Mario Kart. I'm trying to have her cancel that order that she paid a lot for in order to save money and get it through Best Buy.

Does anyone have that site that rates how legit a website or company is?

bread's done
Back