Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story $14.96 + FS @ Walmart (online w/store pickup)

j-fever

CAGiversary!
Feedback
87 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely worth it, this is the best of the DS series by a mile, much closer to classic Super Mario RPG game play than the tedious overworld management of Partners in Time.

This is one of the games that comes in a red box now and my Wal-Mart still has the white box copies, so I just ordered another one.
It wouldn't let me order more than one copy, but I might try to order one more tomorrow.

Also I started playing it last night and I'm addicted. I'm so glad I picked this up!

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']Is there a difference between the red box one and the original? Is the red box Nintendo's version of greatest hits?[/QUOTE]
They're not any different, Nintendo just decided to package some of the Mario DS games in red boxes from now on. This just means that the white box versions will be harder to find in the future.

These are the games with the new boxes.
ssqredcasesxhu.jpg

EDIT: I guess technically the original boxes are black, not white, but I think you know what I meant.

[quote name='pippin']They're not any different, Nintendo just decided to package some of the Mario DS games in red boxes from now on. This just means that the white box versions will be harder to find in the future.

These are the games with the new boxes.
ssqredcasesxhu.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Mario Hoops 3 on 3 has it also even though I know it's only sold at Toysrus.

It looks like this is back in stock online for those of you who couldn't pick it up locally.

There are 22 copies available at the moment.

EDIT: Sold out again. Also I want to add that I am in love with this game.
Had I known that I would enjoy it this much, I would have paid retail for it a long time ago.

I have a question about the Walmart store pickup since I haven't done it before. If I pay for this online with the 14.96 price, they'll give it to me at that price in the store when I get it, right? I guess what's confusing me is even though there's the option of paying online, the store pick up instructions has that fine print that states *Store prices may vary and may differ from online prices. Hope someone can help out.

Yes you will get that price
They just won't price match their website but I see this changing with the new beta features that let's you see what's available at your store in a separate tab

Awesome! Been waiting to get this game. Never expect first-party Nintendo games to drop in price so this is a welcome surprise. Thanks for the heads up, in for 1!

[quote name='Kaydee09']I have a question about the Walmart store pickup since I haven't done it before. If I pay for this online with the 14.96 price, they'll give it to me at that price in the store when I get it, right? I guess what's confusing me is even though there's the option of paying online, the store pick up instructions has that fine print that states *Store prices may vary and may differ from online prices. Hope someone can help out.[/QUOTE]

I posted the exact same thing a few days ago - it is confusing. But I can confirm that I was able to pick mine up at the expected price over the weekend. Actually, they just printed a receipt along with it - no further payment or even the need to show them the CC was required (just ID).

You just go to the customer service counter and they have it set aside for you. You show an id and sign a slip and you are off. The price in store is irrelevant - you've already paid online at that point.

The pickup proces at our Walmart is broken. It took 15 mins to even get someone to the counter and another 10 mins to find the game. Talking to another customer while I was waiting and he said it's like this all the time but has been worse. I think the CSR was smoking pot as she spoke slowly and her eyes were bloodshot...oy.

BTW my case was red.

i was gonna pick this up in store but the shipping was free. delivered in 2 days via fedex. black label too

thanks OP and whoever mentioned they were back in stock!!

[quote name='brandonandtiff']So has anyone received one from buying online yet? Are they coming from the site in the red box?[/QUOTE]

Finally got my order delivered. It is the regular DS case w white label and black box.

Wonder if amazon will ever match it.

Its still sold out online on walmarts site. I went into the store today and they wanted 35 but wouldnt even price match their own website.

[quote name='gargus']Wonder if amazon will ever match it.

Its still sold out online on walmarts site. I went into the store today and they wanted 35 but wouldnt even price match their own website.[/QUOTE]
You should be able to select your local store on the website and buy it online then pick it up at your store.

This price reminds me of when my local Wal-mart during the GBA era had Mario and Luigi: The Superstar Saga and The Super Mario Advance games for 14.99 on an endcap filled to the rim. It was obvious they had way too much in stock, but God Bless them for once. :)

[quote name='pippin']You should be able to select your local store on the website and buy it online then pick it up at your store.[/QUOTE]

Ah I got it now.

It had me using the wrong "my store" so the webpage was showing me it was out of stock online and there was no option to get it at store, add to cart or anything. Soon as I changed the zipcode to mine then it showed the store near me had it in stock and it worked.

That was confusing, if you hadnt made me take a second look I wouldnt have known. Thanks.

Sorry to resurrect but you can still actually pick this up in store for the same price.

My question is, does anyone see this 14.99 black friday for amazon? I would rather spend my credit on it.

Looks like some people may have taken advantage of this in my store at Greeneville, TN. There's only one copy left, might wanna jump on it.

Btw, Thanks OP. Got mine in a black case.

i bought this about a month ago for this price when it was first posted, I just beat it this last week and it is definitely one of my favorite games for the ds, and for that price any ds owner should buy it.

Also I got the red case I saw some people were asking about it, I did in store pick up so it is possible if that is what you want

Did you set up your My Store settings? It's showing up in stock for me for store pickup. Online seems to be out of stock though.

Nice find, thanks OP! In for 1.

EDIT: Or maybe not ... they are out of stock online. No Walmarts in convenient range otherwise I'd jump on this. :(

EDIT:
I just saw the date as the 16th. I don't read, I just skim.

Amazon has it for $21.79. Comes out to $5 more for me after tax.

[quote name='sadunk']What B2G1 sale?

Amazon has it for $21.79. Comes out to $5 more for me after tax.[/QUOTE]

Were you in a cave for the past month because you quoted a comment from a month ago when Bestbuy had a B2G1 Free sale at the time.

I only played the SNES Mario RPG 7 stars game (awesome), but havent played any the other rpg yet. is this game the best overall between the other 3?

bread's done
Back