Mario Party 8 delayed 'till unspecified Q2 date

AHEADAMUS

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Ripped right off Nintendo's very own press site...

Too bad, but if this means Wi-Fi support (which is currently not listed), then best delay ever...

Think Metroid Prime Hunters. They've done it before.

Damn, I was hoping to play this in march because well other than sonic, nothing intrests me. Oh well, if they add Wifi support I will forgive them.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Thats what I was thinking. Im surprised people still buy these.[/QUOTE]

Well it's the first Mario Party for the Wii. The first game usually gets a pass. Still, I'm glad it got delayed because I'm sick as hell of mini-game games. It'll be good for fending off the late Spring/Summer drought.

So what will be the ONE Wii game released i nMarch. This month was Wario, next is Wii Play, and April is Super Paper Mario, but nothing for March?

[quote name='David85']So what will be the ONE Wii game released i nMarch. This month was Wario, next is Wii Play, and April is Super Paper Mario, but nothing for March?[/quote]Unless you plan on playing some ports, like the godfather blackhand edition, and some ubi ports, absolutely nothing.

yeah mario party is actually amazing, I had 4 for a long time and hadn't played it for about 2 years and then maybe 2 months ago some friends and i broke it out and now we probably play 2-3 games a week, i just picked up mario party 7 too.

See, you guys gotta get it eventually, when Nintendo actually announces the initial release month for a first-party title, double the wait from the time you heard the news. I'm assuming you've heard about Galaxy possibly being delayed until mid-Q4, right? For me? Expected. It helps really minimize the disappointment.

The only title I've seen in quite some time that (for the moment!) bucks that trend is the Super Paper Mario game. I really didn't expect to see that one at all this calendar year. You'll get your "Remote with $10 Demo" 'game' in February, Mario Party 8 around the beginning of May, Corruption in late June (if you're lucky), Galaxy in November, and Brawl in Q1 '08. Mark these down. Let's see just how 'owned' I'll end up being.

P.S. I'm still not biting on the Paper Mario projected release date. Shit, it could still end up being April 2008*, for all we know.

*--Hey, not like the precedent isn't there! Maybe someone was misinterpreted/translated!

There has been one great Mario Party title. The first. I'm still waiting for them to get back to the simple basics of the first game.

That being said, I'm in on the TRU deal.

[quote name='jollydwarf']See, you guys gotta get it eventually, when Nintendo actually announces the initial release month for a first-party title, double the wait from the time you heard the news. I'm assuming you've heard about Galaxy possibly being delayed until mid-Q4, right? For me? Expected. It helps really minimize the disappointment.

The only title I've seen in quite some time that (for the moment!) bucks that trend is the Super Paper Mario game. I really didn't expect to see that one at all this calendar year. You'll get your "Remote with $10 Demo" 'game' in February, Mario Party 8 around the beginning of May, Corruption in late June (if you're lucky), Galaxy in November, and Brawl in Q1 '08. Mark these down. Let's see just how 'owned' I'll end up being.

P.S. I'm still not biting on the Paper Mario projected release date. Shit, it could still end up being April 2008*, for all we know.

*--Hey, not like the precedent isn't there! Maybe someone was misinterpreted/translated![/quote]I totally agree here, I kinda expected Galaxy to be pushed back to Q4, but Brawl in 08, I would rather think around christmas (maybe galaxy in october/early nov and brawl late nov/early december), and trust me it is a smart move in their part because of the holidays and the games will be better due to more development time. I do expect metroid to be a july/august game being pushed back to the summer slump), and well Super Paper Mario has to come out this April or atleast this year, it was a gamecube game once.

(maybe galaxy in october/early nov and brawl late nov/early december)

It's possible, I've certainly thought about it, but I just don't see them being released within three months of one another. I could be wrong, but there's going to be a fuck-ton of AAA games hitting all platforms, both big and small, this holiday season, and I just see Nintendo wanting Brawl to have its own moment.

And just so people don't think I'm all about singling out Nintendo on the uber-pessimistic delay tip, please know that I don't see Guns of the Patriots making it to an '07 release (just a hunch), and I expect at least one major 360 title to slip into next year (I was leaning towards Mass Effect until I saw the supposedly "final" box art today. Now I think it'll be Assassin's Creed). Hell, it's already happened, if you want to count Alan Wake.

I seriously doubt Corruption will be in late June unless they're adding online play which I also seriously doubt. Regardless of Mario Galaxy being probably a late fall game rather then a summer game and SSBB falling into 08, the Wii still has some pretty large games scheduled for 2007 including Pokemon Battle Revolution, Fire Emblem (maybe), Batallion Wars 2, Wii Music, Super Mario Strikers Charged, Project H.A.M.M.E.R., and a decent number of good third party titles.

And yes, Alan Wake's delay is one of the reasons I don't own a 360 at this very moment. God, I want that game so much.

[quote name='The Crotch']There was an interview a while ago wherein someone at Retro stated that online would be included, but not in the way most gamers would expect.[/QUOTE]

Two words! Online. Leaderboards.

Actually, if they did a stage/planet/mission creator with online sharing, I'd be down with that. I'm not too big on competative play, but that'd be great and "different".

[quote name='rodeojones903']Thats what I was thinking. Im surprised people still buy these.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping this would be the best Wii game yet (Zelda excepted, but then it isn't *really* a Wii game is it). My kids absolutely love the older Mario Party games (and yes, we have every GC one). I was hoping this would be great with the new Wiimote controls. At the very least, that would make this one radically different from the GC ones. This was going to be the game to spur me to get 4 remotes so we could all play together as a family. (I have 2 now, with one more expected with Wii Play).

There isn't much in the way of simultaneous multiplayer play on the Wii and this promised to provide that. So, this is a disappointment to say the least. I thought of ALL the games Nintendo was coming out with, this one was a sure thing for making its release date. I mean, I figured on late summer for Metroid, December for Galaxy, and summer-Christmas 2008 for Brawl. But THIS one, I thought, would actually be out when it was supposed to. Meh...

My wife and I just love these games. We have friends up all the time and play these. I really hope this game is great when it does come out.

Some people (like me) enjoy playing multiplayer games with their friends on one tv as opposed to playing solo online with strangers. I'm not a fan of playing online multiplayer games (in fact, I've only played halo 2 online once); however, I will play Mario Party 4-7 with my friends and family all the time. I never get tired of it. It's a fun social game. Not much fun by yourself though.

I totally agree. The reason I would want it online is solely to play with friends and family. Instead of only whipping Mario Party out when you can get three or four people around you up for it, you can access more friends and family. This is probably a bigger deal for people who are in college or just left it.

Is there a source for this delay?

I don't see anything on http://press.nintendo.com that mentions Mario Party. I guess maybe the lack of mention could imply that it's delayed, but that's sort of a stretch.

Only thing I could find is this: http://wii.nintendo.com/software_mp8.jsp (which shows a March 5 release date).

Can anyone point me to the article that mentions a delay? I'm actually interested in this game, despite it having a seemingly large negative stigma from CAG.

[quote name='rendil'] I'm actually interested in this game, despite it having a seemingly large negative stigma from CAG.[/QUOTE]

Bah, ignore them. There's a handful of people who are too "cool" to play games like this. There are plenty of others (just look above your post) who are looking forward to it.

Online would not be a huge thing for me as I don't know any other family members with a Wii. However, my son has a friend with one and that might be kind of cool to play online with his family (even though they live 6 blocks away). Also, we could get some CAG matches going. If they do ever add online to a Mario Party titles they had better be sure to allow multiple players at one location though (say 2 on one Wii, 2 on another). That way you could still play with another person in the room yet fill out the game with others online.

[quote name='rendil']Is there a source for this delay?

I don't see anything on http://press.nintendo.com that mentions Mario Party. I guess maybe the lack of mention could imply that it's delayed, but that's sort of a stretch.

Only thing I could find is this: http://wii.nintendo.com/software_mp8.jsp (which shows a March 5 release date).

Can anyone point me to the article that mentions a delay? I'm actually interested in this game, despite it having a seemingly large negative stigma from CAG.[/QUOTE]

You have to be a registered media member to see the press calendar. The specific dates go through the end of April, then Mario Party 8 is listed as Q2, and then there all the TBA titles. It did used to be listed as a March release.

[quote name='AHEADAMUS']You have to be a registered media member to see the press calendar. The specific dates go through the end of April, then Mario Party 8 is listed as Q2, and then there all the TBA titles. It did used to be listed as a March release.[/quote]

Ah, I see. I was still holding out hope that maybe it wasn't delayed after seeing the March 5 date.

[quote name='io']Bah, ignore them. There's a handful of people who are too "cool" to play games like this. There are plenty of others (just look above your post) who are looking forward to it.[/quote]
Yeah, actually some of my friends have the same attitude, too (ie: "Yay, another rehash of the same game"). I guess I can see where they're coming from. After all, I have the same attitude towards Madden.

[quote name='io']Also, we could get some CAG matches going. If they do ever add online to a Mario Party titles they had better be sure to allow multiple players at one location though (say 2 on one Wii, 2 on another). That way you could still play with another person in the room yet fill out the game with others online.[/quote]
That would actually be a lot of fun. Would be good for when my local nay-sayers don't want to play - the CPU just isn't a good substitute for actual players.

[quote name='anomynous']Who gives a shit?[/QUOTE]

If you dont care then why are you clicking on the link for Mario Party that says it's delayed, and then posting in that link at the same time?

I guess I am in the minority here in that I enjoy these Mario Party games. I play with my girlfriend and other friends. Hell, its one of the few games that my girl can actually play decently. I cant count how many hours we have played parts 4-7 on the gamecube the last few years. I look forward to part 8 and some new innovations with the control.

[quote name='addicted2games']I guess I am in the minority here in that I enjoy these Mario Party games. I play with my girlfriend and other friends. Hell, its one of the few games that my girl can actually play decently. I cant count how many hours we have played parts 4-7 on the gamecube the last few years. I look forward to part 8 and some new innovations with the control.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say that you're in the minority in enjoying them. They're very fun games. They're just usually more of the same and we know we'll see at least three Mario Party Wii games in the console's lifecycle.

The reviews of every mario party game seem to suck, but I have never gotten tired of any of them (and I own them all). I still go back to Mario Party 4 for different games sometimes.

I've never owned a Mario Party game. They never drop in price and I'm too much of a CAG to buy one for MSRP.

But this new one I thought may be worth it. I'll have to see. I'll be really tempted to buy the N64 versions for 10 bucks on the VC. 10 bucks seems like the right price for older MP games.

[quote name='KingDox']I've never owned a Mario Party game. They never drop in price and I'm too much of a CAG to buy one for MSRP.

But this new one I thought may be worth it. I'll have to see. I'll be really tempted to but the N64 versions for 10 bucks on the VC. 10 bucks seems like the right price for older MP games.[/QUOTE]
Ha, I can understand the price aspect.

They don't drop in price at all. As a matter of fact, I believe they rise in value. I bought Mario Party 6 at Kmart for $20.00 a couple of weeks ago and sold it for $80.00 on Amazon.com.

Oh well this blows. It was actually the next game I was truly looking foward to!!

I'll still probably pick up Wii Play..and Cooking Mama, but this was my next "must have" game for the Wii. I am a huge fan of the Mario Party series...and couldn't wait for them to announce a Mario Party for the Wii, since this system is built for a game such as that.

They aren't going to add multiplayer, so lets not hold our breath. If we actually DO get online play with the Wii (which I'll believe when I'm actually doing it..), I wouldn't expect an online Mario Party until 10. Even 9 will be an offline one, IMO.

Oh well. I just hope it's not delayed TOO much longer...and the game is by far the best one yet.
They also better release MP 1-3 on the VC around that time.

Damn, this pisses me off! And for those who don't care, that's cool because I can understand how some people may not care for the series, but in a way it's kinda a big deal since this technically would be the FIRST Mario game for the Wii...

Sigh

bread's done
Back