Mario Power Tennis

DrNo888

CAGiversary!
Why is this game so expensive?
Saw it today at GS for $40.
Also, a bunch of Mario Kart Double Dash for same price, like 20 of them.
Mario Party games are also up there. Many copies too.
Seems like they aren't that rare if on GS location has so many of them.

[quote name='DrNo888']Why is this game so expensive?
Seems like they aren't that rare if on GS location has so many of them.[/QUOTE]

You should have bought MPT yesterday with the 25% off (35% with Edge) coupon. I wouldn't pay $40 for it, but with that coupon & Edge it would have made it $26. It's worth that price. Mario games generally go for a premium, and MPT is a relatively hard to find game. The only reason they have copies of it is because they set the price so high. Even then I usually see either one or no copies of MPT at Gamestop. I don't think I've ever seen more than one copy at the same location.

why are alot of gc games so damn expensive? supply and demand and because of the wii demand is still kind of high for gamecube games and supply is getting lower by the day. especially the franschice titles. funny enough metroid is still cheap. mario kart you should be able to get for 20 somewhere. try wherehouse.com i check them out every so often because they sell used games and the games they sell come complete.

Why is this game so expensive?
Seems like they aren't that rare if on GS location has so many of them.

Seems like they aren't that rare if on GS location has so many of them.[/QUOTE]

You should have bought MPT yesterday with the 25% off (35% with Edge) coupon. I wouldn't pay $40 for it, but with that coupon & Edge it would have made it $26. It's worth that price. Mario games generally go for a premium, and MPT is a relatively hard to find game. The only reason they have copies of it is because they set the price so high. Even then I usually see either one or no copies of MPT at Gamestop. I don't think I've ever seen more than one copy at the same location.

why are alot of gc games so damn expensive? supply and demand and because of the wii demand is still kind of high for gamecube games and supply is getting lower by the day. especially the franschice titles. funny enough metroid is still cheap. mario kart you should be able to get for 20 somewhere. try wherehouse.com i check them out every so often because they sell used games and the games they sell come complete.

Mario Tennis Nintendo fucked their fans over with.

Even when it came out I never saw it in stores, then within months it disappeared everywhere. I had to buy the GBA Mario Tennis to help my fix and that game is terrible.

[quote name='lokizz']why are alot of gc games so damn expensive? supply and demand and because of the wii demand is still kind of high for gamecube games and supply is getting lower by the day. especially the franschice titles. funny enough metroid is still cheap. mario kart you should be able to get for 20 somewhere. try wherehouse.com i check them out every so often because they sell used games and the games they sell come complete.[/quote]

Replay value has a lot to do with it too... Metroid Prime is awesome, but it's single-player and has little replay value. Plus there are a ton of copies around.

I've pretty much given up on getting MPT for anything under $20: I'll just wait for the Wii version.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I've pretty much given up on getting MPT for anything under $20: I'll just wait for the Wii version.[/quote]

Mario Power Tennis and the Mario Baseball game are pretty much the only Gamecube games I wish I could get these days, but neither one are at a low enough price point for me to feel like I can buy them. Likely, when the Wii Mario baseball title is released, we'll see a drop in the Gamecube version, simply because more people will be of a similar mindset to yourself, Lone_Prodigy. Still, even though I too have given up for the time being of getting Mario Power Tennis, I have hopes to score it at some point, perhaps from Goozex.

Wanting a tennis experience, I started Sega Superstars Tennis on the DS, but I don't think I can stand it. I think the game would likely be more bearable on the Wii, but the graphics are icky and the powershots are ridiculously hard to counter, at least in my initial impression.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Mario Power Tennis and the Mario Baseball game are pretty much the only Gamecube games I wish I could get these days, but neither one are at a low enough price point for me to feel like I can buy them.[/QUOTE]

I just picked up Mario Baseball for something like $5.40 at Circuit City. That was with 40% off clearance. Still, even though that sale is over, it's still only $8.96. It's worth checking for it there.

The mario GC games were readily available on goozex last I checked. I didn't like Mario tennis on 64, so I'm not sure I want it.. and I picked up Power Pros but have yet to play it, so I think that will be satisfying my baseball fix over summer.

Seems like they aren't that rare if on GS location has so many of them.[/quote]

I don't know, I saw the same thing today. I want Double Dash but I'm not paying $40 for it used when I can get Mario Kart Wii for $10 more brand new with the wheel.

bread's done
Back