Mario RPG find

It's a great game. Too bad I paid for $30 a couple years ago. Oh well, it was fun, I wish they would port it to the DS or GBA.

[quote name='theq87']snagged a copy of Mario RPG today for 11.99 from the Great Escape in Nashville.

Word.[/quote]

Goodlettsville or Downtown Nashville? If it's the Goodlettsville one, that one usually rocks.. I found Snatcher mint and complete a few years back for $10. Enjoy Mario RPG, it rocks - I'm actually playing through it right now.

Now that I think about it, Great Escape rocks in general. KarmaPolice found Shenmue 2 DC Import at the Nashville one for like $5 or something. Great find.

[quote name='Scorch']Goodlettsville or Downtown Nashville? If it's the Goodlettsville one, that one usually rocks.. I found Snatcher mint and complete a few years back for $10. Enjoy Mario RPG, it rocks - I'm actually playing through it right now.

Now that I think about it, Great Escape rocks in general. KarmaPolice found Shenmue 2 DC Import at the Nashville one for like $5 or something. Great find.[/quote]
No, I was the one who got the Shenmue 2 there. Mwaha.

Damned Great Escape. It needs to be closer.

Downtown; the one on Broadway. I think I've been to the other one you're talking about (Madison?).

Anyway, the one on Broadway is just a few minutes walk from my dorm. I check in there every few days. BTW, CD warehouse on 21st has Magic Pengel for 8 bucks (rare, I believe, but I'm not really wanting it) and the 3rd Dot Hack game for twelve if any of you Nashvillains are interested. Pretty good deals, methinks.

[quote name='swick']
No, I was the one who got the Shenmue 2 there. Mwaha.

Damned Great Escape. It needs to be closer.[/quote]

How much did you get Shenmue 2 for?
I got it for "free" during EB's B2G1F deal (along with Xenosaga & ICO)... I coulnd't believe how mint the box and disc were.

Mario RPG is nice... I remember Blockbuster clearing them out for under $10 way back in 1997 or so when they were clearing out the SNES shelves.

Snatcher... where's Policenauts?

As I recall, he picked up the European Dreamcast import of Shenmue 2.

I don't know how I missed it. Then again, I probably wouldn't have known what it was, and that it was desireable anyway. Bleh.

Downtown; the one on Broadway. I think I've been to the other one you're talking about (Madison?).

Madison, that's the name I was searching for.

I got it for "free" during EB's B2G1F deal (along with Xenosaga & ICO)... I coulnd't believe how mint the box and disc were.

I can't believe EB had Shenmue 2 for Dreamcast in stock! I didn't think they carried imports.

Policenauts.. *sigh* I think they made a full English version, then canned it. Bastards.

[quote name='theq87']BTW, CD warehouse on 21st has Magic Pengel for 8 bucks (rare, I believe, but I'm not really wanting it) and the 3rd Dot Hack game for twelve if any of you Nashvillains are interested. Pretty good deals, methinks.[/quote]
Damn, I'm trying to pick up the .hack series, only I won't be back through Nashville until... um... the 21st. Guess I'm SOL on that one. Did Great Escape have any more Saturn or Dreamcast games?

[quote name='sabin23']How much did you get Shenmue 2 for?[/quote]
European Dreamcast import for Six bucks. Ohhh, yeahhh.

Digital Planet by me has two import Sega Dreamcast games for $20 each.. though I couldn't identify them. If someone has a site with coverart for JP DC games, I could probably point them out.

[quote name='Scorch']Digital Planet by me has two import Sega Dreamcast games for $20 each.. though I couldn't identify them. If someone has a site with coverart for JP DC games, I could probably point them out.[/quote]
Digital Planet in the Boro? Awesome.

This site might have what you're looking for. Let us know what you find.

[quote name='swick'][quote name='Scorch']Digital Planet by me has two import Sega Dreamcast games for $20 each.. though I couldn't identify them. If someone has a site with coverart for JP DC games, I could probably point them out.[/quote]
Digital Planet in the Boro? Awesome.

This site might have what you're looking for. Let us know what you find.[/quote]

Yeah, they have a ton of stuff there. Not big on the cheap stuff, though.. FF3 cart only = 39.99.. they have Ogre Battle 64 mint and complete for a stiff $39.99 as well. They have a ton of SNES and Genesis complete games, found them hidden underneath the NES games.

None of those cover arts look familiar :(

I think I got you beat on Mario RPG. I found some kid selling it at a yard sale last summer for $3. So clueless.

[quote name='HitchChic']I think I got you beat on Mario RPG. I found some kid selling it at a yard sale last summer for $3. So clueless.[/quote]

I can beat that, about 2 years ago, I traded Quake 3 (worth about $5, disc only) for Unreal Tournament (worth about $8), Super Mario RPG, and Zelda LTTP (all complete). The guy must have figured that since the games were on an old system they were worthless.

[quote name='DenisDFat']no need for a GBA port.

the GBA has a superior mario Rpg on it.[/quote]

Totally disagree, Super Mario RPG is hands down the best RPG ever! Mario & Luigi, on the other hand, is good but not great.

[quote name='DenisDFat']no need for a GBA port.

the GBA has a superior mario Rpg on it.[/quote]

no need? pleas tell me your not saying M & L Superstar saga is better then Mario RPG?

Mario RPG rocks, I beat that game like 4 times back in the day, remmber rock candy and them damn power rangers wannabees :)

Yeah, Im the one who got the shenmue LE for DC for 5 bucks. I also got Super Mario Bros. the movie for $3.99 the other day...crappy movie but i felt i couldnt pass it up at that price. I think its funny how most of their older stuff is priced the same but when a crappy new game comes out and drops to 20 in a couple weeks its still 20-30 used at tGE

bread's done
Back