Mario Strikers Charged 39.99 at FYE (After Mail-in-Rebate)

seanr1221

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
I figured this was worth posting since Mario games barely drop in price (The original Strikers is still 29.99)

Just buy it at FYE and you get the forms for a 10.00 MiR.

Enjoy :D

This is awesome. I have $50 credit to FYE and was planning on buying it there anyway (only $44.99 after backstage pass). So i'm excited to hear I'll be able to stack it with this.

Question though: previously I remember having to cut out the original UPC for FYE rebates, which really sucks on DVD box sets and the like. Has anyone had success with using a photocopy or what? I'm going to buy it at FYE, i just don't know if hacking up the cover art insert is worth $10.

[quote name='varsitygamer']This is awesome. I have $50 credit to FYE and was planning on buying it there anyway (only $44.99 after backstage pass). So i'm excited to hear I'll be able to stack it with this.

Question though: previously I remember having to cut out the original UPC for FYE rebates, which really sucks on DVD box sets and the like. Has anyone had success with using a photocopy or what? I'm going to buy it at FYE, i just don't know if hacking up the cover art insert is worth $10.[/QUOTE]

You only have to hack up the cover art, if the FYE price tag/bar code is not on the packaging. I have never had any problems sending in a FYE UPC/Price tag/sticker instead of the manufacturer's or official UPC. No problems whatsoever. That's why, if there is a FYE rebate, I always bring up the one that has that FYE sticker for rebate purposes.

Just make SURE you scan the items you send in. 2 or 3 times I've had them say I didn't send in the right things when I did. I've had to resubmit the stuff I made scans of. My last 4 rebates from them (from DVD box sets) came in about 4-5 weeks and I had no problems at all. Who knows...

aw man.. i would have gotten Strikers from fye.. it's like a 5 min drive from my house... i ordered it from famvid for 39 and it's going to take forever...damn it

Actually, I have a question for everyone. The receipt has a barcode at the bottom of it, can I send that in instead of cutting up my box?

[quote name='seanr1221']Anyone know the answer to my rebate question?[/quote]

i was told 3 times by 3 diff fye monkeys that i could just send in the price sticker upc b/c 'people were tired of ripping apart their boxes' yeah, checked my rebate tracker, 'invalid rebate upc missing' im going to bitch those guys out later

[quote name='seanr1221']Actually, I have a question for everyone. The receipt has a barcode at the bottom of it, can I send that in instead of cutting up my box?[/QUOTE]
I always mail in the sticker with the price tag from the top right.

[quote name='cleaver']I always mail in the sticker with the price tag from the top right.[/QUOTE]

Phew, good thing I didn't take out the trash and it was laying ontop of it. So this has worked for you?

[quote name='seanr1221']Phew, good thing I didn't take out the trash and it was laying ontop of it. So this has worked for you?[/QUOTE]
I think it's worked every time, something like 20 times, but I really lose track of them. The only time I was rejected I sent it in like 2 days late.

I justed called my local FYE and they had no idea of the deal and said that FYE was going to stop selling video games and that they don't get any new releases in. Is this just my local FYE or is this nation wide?

[quote name='jjct1']I justed called my local FYE and they had no idea of the deal and said that FYE was going to stop selling video games and that they don't get any new releases in. Is this just my local FYE or is this nation wide?[/QUOTE]

I have 3 local FYEs and one stopped selling games half a year ago, so I highly doubt it's nation-wide.

Got really lucky. Printer jammed at the register so they couldn't get the rebate form to me. Instead they just gave me the $10 off on the spot! Thanks OP.

Question... does anyone know if this is just a launch week promo? Like is tomorrow the last day of the $10.00 rebate? Or if i went Sunday or Monday would I still be able to get it?

Thanks!

[quote name='seanr1221']Your purchase must be between 7/31 and 8/06[/QUOTE]

Thank you kindly, that's very helpful. Looks like I'll be going out Sunday night to grab it!

Hope this isn't a repost, but my local FYE had Mario Strikers Charged for Wii for $39.99 after MIR. There were several different games with the $10 off MIR (I think some for all systems).

Also, PS3 was $469.99 after a $30 MIR, but it's probably cheaper for most to buy through Amazon with no sales tax.

Last time I mailed a rebate from FYE I never recieved it. It's been 2 years and I'm still goddamn waiting for that $20!:bomb: Think they can screw me?!? Boy will I show them bastages...

....i fail

Just for the record, according to the people who got in on this deal today is the last day. I repeat, deal ends tonight!

Now to decide whether to buy it today and send away for the 10$ mail in rebate, or to wait until i can meet up with my friend who has the backstage pass and miss out on the rebate... delayed or instant gratification... hmmm

bread's done
Back